Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it so difficult to buy a car ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2005, 11:09 AM
robcolloby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why is it so difficult to buy a car ?

I thought new car sales were down about 5% on last year ?

I finally got the OK from my "financial advisor" to get back into scooby ownership after 18 months of Volvo comfort so I spent saturday morning sprucing-up the part-ex then we pack the family in to the car and make the trip to Holdcraft of Widnes looking to buy a new WRX wagon.
Get there about 2:30 to be told by the sales guy "Sorry, I'm on my own and I've got a test drive booked. I'm afraid I'll have to lock you out of the building until I get back - about 30 mins". Not really an option with 2 kids under 3.

Not his fault I know but what sort of muppet dealership only put one person on duty on a saturday ?

So, let's try Monks Heath in Macc I think. No chance - "Sorry Sir, we're closed on sundays but are open late on thursdays"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg gggggggg - is there noone out there who wants to sell me a car ?
Old 10 July 2005, 11:18 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robcolloby
I thought new car sales were down about 5% on last year ?

I finally got the OK from my "financial advisor" to get back into scooby ownership after 18 months of Volvo comfort so I spent saturday morning sprucing-up the part-ex then we pack the family in to the car and make the trip to Holdcraft of Widnes looking to buy a new WRX wagon.
Get there about 2:30 to be told by the sales guy "Sorry, I'm on my own and I've got a test drive booked. I'm afraid I'll have to lock you out of the building until I get back - about 30 mins". Not really an option with 2 kids under 3.

Not his fault I know but what sort of muppet dealership only put one person on duty on a saturday ?

So, let's try Monks Heath in Macc I think. No chance - "Sorry Sir, we're closed on sundays but are open late on thursdays"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg gggggggg - is there noone out there who wants to sell me a car ?
ehh cant u wait til tomorrow u maaaad man! lol
Old 10 July 2005, 11:42 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

I agree that it does make sense to ensure you have enough staff when you are open. However, who knows if his colleague had been on an all-night bender and called in sick.

I remember the days when the only places open on a Sunday were petrol stations, garden centres and newsagents. - lol
Old 11 July 2005, 05:40 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Funny though most garages seem to be open on a Sunday but not Subaru they are obviously happy with the number of cars they are selling!

Originally Posted by highlander68k
I agree that it does make sense to ensure you have enough staff when you are open. However, who knows if his colleague had been on an all-night bender and called in sick.

I remember the days when the only places open on a Sunday were petrol stations, garden centres and newsagents. - lol
Old 11 July 2005, 05:48 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HOWY
Funny though most garages seem to be open on a Sunday but not Subaru they are obviously happy with the number of cars they are selling!
I can't speak for the rest of the country, but if you're near Norwich you're fine - they have appointments only on a Sunday, so you get that personal touch
Old 11 July 2005, 05:54 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another one of those, "I want attention and I want it now" Types, eh??

Have you tried a BMW Dealership .............. they'll do anything for Sir, anything at all, - sadly .... you get labelled for the rest of your driving life!!

Pete
Old 11 July 2005, 06:29 PM
robcolloby
Scooby Newbie

pslewis - all I want to do is buy a car.

If I can't do it at a weekend then I'd have to take time off work to do it - dealers don't commit to part-ex figures without seeing the car.
Unfortunately I have to be at work to earn the money to pay for the car in the first place.

Is it too much to ask ?
Old 12 July 2005, 12:02 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer commited to a part exchange figure blind .... then again mine is an unmolested Impreza from the MY2000 with one owner and full Subaru History - so, its one that will fly off the forecourt!

Pete