Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos from Saturday and Karting

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2000, 12:07 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm....I wonder why that was kept so quiet.

Stef.
Old 11 September 2000, 12:20 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Good laff had by all......I think!
Old 11 September 2000, 12:24 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Good laff had by all......I think!

That was 4 top places by our lot, out of a total of 27 drivers. Thanks to Matt, for keeping the faith and getting 4th for me....even if I only raced for 3 heats (had to leave early to squeeze some skulls!!!), and was named Shaun Fenwags

John the BOG won overall.......must of been that Power to BONES ratio advantage he had

Harj, stuffed his cart THROUGH the barrier....TWICE!!!!! Not quite sure whether it was his cart that was stuck under the barrier.....or his belly!!!!!

Apparently the CROOK brothers were too busy trying to ram each other, to worry about beating John the BOG.

Shaun.

[This message has been edited by Shaun (edited 11 September 2000).]
Old 11 September 2000, 10:15 AM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well, what can I say? You take a load of Subaru drivers and put them on a Kart track, and the result is carnage!! Actually, the results speak for themselves. We'd managed to blag the top four places at by the end of the evening!! An absolutely cracking time was had by all, followed by a quick blat back to Harj's. Roll on the next one.

Harj, thanks very much for your hospitality, and look forward to meeting up soon. Nearly ran out of juice on the way home, as I was enjoying it just a little too much! Have you got those photos from Saturday? Please send them on when you get a moment.

Until the next time.........

Matt
Old 11 September 2000, 11:27 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Matt (or should I say Fenwags )

Good to meet you this weekend, that Scooby of yours is quite nice and very quick. Still a Scooby mind I know we were all very impressed by it's turn of speed back to Harj's on Saturday night (or was it Sunday morning ?).

Karting was a good laugh, should have taken the camera. My arms are still killing me now and I keep finding bruises.

Harj has a load of photos from the weekend, hopefully he will get them uploaded sometime soon.

Cheers

Ian
Old 11 September 2000, 02:05 PM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Glad I could keep your honour intact Shaun, but I did feel like a bit of an interloper!! You missed a good blat back to Harj's, but there will be a next time.

Anybody fancy doing a Karting session at Whilton Mill just outside Daventry? It's outdoors, and they have just opened up a new circuit which is ace.

Might have a show of hands at some stage and get there before the weather gets too bad.

Cheers

Matt
Old 11 September 2000, 02:24 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Cool

Thanks Harj for another top weekend.

I had to be on call so was the most sober of the bunch (most of the time )

Karting was the dogs, allowed my natural talent to shine LOL

We gate crashed a party of 19 to make a total of 27 drivers. I won outright , my mate Simon Crook who drives our GroupA rally car came 2nd, his brother Alister who co-drives came 3rd and Matt (Shaun) came 4th. Kicked there asses big styleee LOL

It was fun to see their faces when we let slip we all drive rally cars or track cars AFTER we had just cleaned up and the looks of envy when we jumped into the 22B, Sti5 and my Sport (LOL) was priceless.

I got fastest lap too so had a clean sweep of the prize money , that seemed to last about 5 minutes as we then hit a cracking Italian for a late meal and the winner was duty bound to fork up for a big chunk of the meal.

Best laugh was definitely Harj (I am not backing off you b***ard) Singh discovering 3 into a chicane side by side doesn’t work, TWICE. His Kart had poo acceleration for some reason but boy did it have some momentum!! LOL

The drive back after was a little brisk Forget all these 22B’s and Sti5’s, get an Impreza Sport, it kicks *** big stylee
Old 11 September 2000, 04:34 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Matt,

Harj and myself spoke about this, and we are going to organise one at the Dav venue when we have the "HARJ FREE FOR ALL - PART III" on the weekend of the 13/14/15 September!

Shaun.
Old 11 September 2000, 05:01 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Shaun,
Of course, you mean the 13/14/15 OCTOBER ??

Stef,
It wasn't kept quiet, it was well advertised on chat.22b.com for several weeks before the event. Anyway, would have been no good for you, they didn't have gravel traps (Hope the car is OK).

Cheers

Ian
Old 11 September 2000, 05:14 PM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'll keep those dates free in the diary! Sounds like Stef did a bit of a "Harj" at Silverstone!!

I'll make sure that I bring my drinking trousers this time, although it was great fun driving!
Old 11 September 2000, 10:25 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Not that weekend you tossers!
World Superbikes weekend at Brands!
Make it another date so I can show you all how to pedal a kart!
Thanks for your early Friday evnin hospitallity Harj but I think you might slow down a bit now you have some responsability at last
John you need a few bags of sugar adding to your miniscule body
Old 11 September 2000, 10:50 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

I kicked everyones *** at Karting, I was unstoppable in the 20 stone category . John F seemed to have paid off the timing marshals somehow without us seeing again , great weekend all round.

Jees was I pissed after that Italian on Sat night, all I remember is Mat hitting 135MPH and then slamming the brakes.

Next one will be bigger and better again, Stef nothing was kept quiet about the weekend I also heard about 3000 people entered the SIDC Arena

Harj....
Old 13 September 2000, 01:07 PM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Harj,

I know that you're busy mate, but any chance of seeing some of the Photos?

Hope Mother and Baby are doing well, and will soon be home.

Cheers

Matt