Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do some people have no respect at all ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2005, 03:36 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Why do some people have no respect at all ?

This morning i popped along to my local Shell station to fill up with the old Optimax, they see quite a bit of me LOL. I got home to find the nearside rear door/ quarter and wheel were covered in Diesel kindly put there by the @rse who filled up next to me in one of those mpv bus/ van type things.
I got the bucket out and washed the said diesel off when i noticed the b@stid had opened his door against me and there was the resultant ding
I wouldn't care but i was so far over my offside was nearly on top of the pump

I suppose when i collect a few more i'll call the dent devil out agin for third time
Old 28 May 2005, 03:43 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since they know you at the garage can you not get a copy of the security tape then report him ?? Don't know what you could achieve but he has damaged your property ??
Old 28 May 2005, 03:52 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

TBH the ding is not the worst i've had and it joins another since the Dent guy last called.
I usually wait til i have about 6 or a big un before i call him.
It just bleedin annoys me that with a litte care it could've been avoided
Old 28 May 2005, 04:13 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would see if you can have a look at the CCTV. It may not get you anywhere, but if you are polite to the police they may be able to help you out. After all, if there is more than one dent in that panel, you may get a couple of them fixed for free.

Plus it will teach em some respect
Old 28 May 2005, 04:33 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by SCD Simon
TBH the ding is not the worst i've had and it joins another since the Dent guy last called.
I usually wait til i have about 6 or a big un before i call him.
It just bleedin annoys me that with a litte care it could've been avoided
TTS paintless dent removal group buy anyone
Old 28 May 2005, 04:38 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I usually sit in the car when the girlfriend goes shopping etc, and you should see some of the idiots who park there cars, no doubt ill see a few people opening car doors into other cars without a care in the world and they dont even think twice about doing it, I was there the otherday when a bloke jumped out of his car and pushed his door into a brand new Lexus, and didnt even reliase he did it. Kind of makes me think twice about leaving the car, some people dont really cares and have no respect for other peoples property.
Old 28 May 2005, 05:30 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
TTS paintless dent removal group buy anyone
Not a bad idea Richie, i bet he could do good business at the NBO
Old 28 May 2005, 05:39 PM
Jonesy1981
Scooby Regular

Angry

Report it to the police as criminal damage, tell them you know exactly where and the time it happened, they should (if their awake) ask the garage to put the cctv aside and once this has done and they can view it (if it goes this far) they can speak to the person concerned and you can get their details to maybe get them to pay for it or go thru civil courts. You say its not the worst but each time some mindless ba***rd does it to your car, thats another bit of money you've got to shell out for something which is completely not your fault! I never open my door into other cars, whether i'm in my own car or anyone elses so i don't see why these people dont take a second longer and BE MORE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 May 2005, 08:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Same as supermarket car parks. No one gives a s**t. I put it down to jelousy. Everywhere I park I always take up 2 parking bays. I've been given verbal off doogooders saying I shouldn't park like that, but they are probably the ones who dent your car. The most annoying thing is, is when you park in a huge car park away from everyone else, plenty of parking spaces left. You come back to find some tosser has parked right next to you, really close, when you know they must have struggled to get out cos they are that close. Tossers.

STilover
Old 28 May 2005, 09:10 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

This is a really annoying problem and there is a simple solution why don't all car manufacturers agree to fit rubber side strips at the same height ?
But I suppose they would lose lots of panel repair business

Originally Posted by stilover
Same as supermarket car parks. No one gives a s**t. I put it down to jelousy. Everywhere I park I always take up 2 parking bays. I've been given verbal off doogooders saying I shouldn't park like that, but they are probably the ones who dent your car. The most annoying thing is, is when you park in a huge car park away from everyone else, plenty of parking spaces left. You come back to find some tosser has parked right next to you, really close, when you know they must have struggled to get out cos they are that close. Tossers.

STilover
Old 28 May 2005, 09:17 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

For some reason, lots of manufacturers have removed all of the side strips that they used to have. Fashion seems to have dictated that it is not cool to have a car with side strips anymore.

They were a great thing to have on car, and if styled well, they look good too.
Old 28 May 2005, 09:34 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what you mean.

I normally take 2 spaces too. I spend a lot of money on cars and don't want them ruined.

I nipped into McDonalds for my tea tonight and the car park was almost empty so I didn't bother taking 2 spaces. I came out to find some old git trying to park one of those people carriers next to mine. There was a car in the other space so basically he was trying to squeeze in between us. Seriously he was an inch away from my wing mirror I was waiting for him to hit it. He then drove out when he seen me and I jumped in the car, but instead of waiting till I drove off he continued to reverse into the space.

When I drove round the back of his car he was a foot away from the other car. God knows how him, his wife and the 3 kids they had in the back were going to get out.

I bought the misses a brand new mini on the 1st of March. I had to put that into chips away to get 4 scratches removed and one of them is too deep. That's only 2 months old !

Originally Posted by stilover

STilover
Old 28 May 2005, 09:35 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

reducing door skin material from 1/16th to 1 micron hasnt helped either!!

if you saw what they did when it was made, you wouldnt bother!!

M
Old 29 May 2005, 12:08 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

yeah report it and stir it abit saying those other dents weren't there before
Old 29 May 2005, 08:33 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Just remember that we are in a very small minority of the car driving population. Most people treat their cars as you would a lawn mower - it is just a machine - and expect everyone else to treat their the same.

I have some git drive into my door and not stop. They must have known they had done it, i was that bad. But as I want my car to look its best, I paid for it to be repaired. I feel it is just part (not a good part) of owning a nice car.

But if you can get one of these gits on film and are able to prosecute - DO IT.
Old 29 May 2005, 09:14 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

On a similar theme, I parked up at the local cinema last night, there was a guy that had parked his 4x4 over on white line, so I parked 2 spaces down from him. The gap in between was barely big enough to get a car in, even thought I'd parked as far over to my white line as possible, leaving a nice big gap within my own space to get the baby seat in and out.

We were only parked for about 20 mins (picking up a pizza and some DVD's) and some numpty had parked his Rover right up against my door! Bearing in mind, the door we use for the baby seat has loads of stick on toys and a sunblind, it's pretty obvious it gets used by kids. Remember, I deliberately parked over in my space to provide myself room to get the seat in and out, the Rover was now well inside my parking space. In my head I saw a vision of me slamming my door against the Rover repeatedly, Vinnie Jones style, but a few deep breaths later and I just reversed my car out of the space to get the door open. I wouldn't mind, but there were loads of spaces left in the car park, why choose to put it in a very tight spot? Judging by the fluffy pillow on the drivers seat, it was a woman driver

Moral of the story: people are ******* morons
Old 29 May 2005, 11:28 AM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

A few years ago i parked my car at Cannock Chase to walk my dog. When i parked up i was the only car in the car park. When i got back there was another car there and he had parked next to me, infact he parked so close to my drivers door i had to get in through the passengers door and climb into the drivers seat! An entire empty car park and he parks so fekkin close to my car!
Old 29 May 2005, 11:58 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I find a nice big rock behind their wheel works wonders on numpties like that. Position it so that they are not likely to see it, then wait for them to try and reverse the car away

Did that to a mate once, took him ages to work out why his car whould not move ......those were the days
Old 29 May 2005, 12:17 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Angry I think its total disrespect!

I may have a 95' WRX but it wa immaculate when I bought it... Now after 3+ years... Every time I hand wash it I always see a new scratch, dent, or chip...

It is upsetting because (let alone car parks, off road parking at work) even in my own street the b*?!*? who are blind and can't judge distance to save their lives judge distance with a bump or a scrape.

I was sitting in my car as I arrived home from work when the lady with an estate VW who lives opposite me was reversing into the wide space and I thought should I press the horn because she was getting rather close, I didn't because I thought lady neighbour and all that... (nothing against lady drivers)...

To my surprise that's when she bumped me. I started my engine and reversed a little more. She stepped out of the car and didnt even batter an eye lid... and she knew I was in the car... my WRX is not a quiet type either!

My front bumper has been scraped on the corners, in the middle horizontally!!! I really don't understand...

I have stopped getting too upset even though I do think about it, the most expensive thing I own is on the road outside and others don't have the least amount of respect. Doen right disgusting...

I even got to the point where I wanted to sell my WRX for a £3k car which I would mind so much getting the abuse.
Old 29 May 2005, 03:51 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Dont start me off ffs! Grrrrr.
7 fcukas i have in my car now, wnakers!
Old 29 May 2005, 07:45 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

TTS Group Buy.................................Great idea

Make it so, Number One

Martin
Old 30 May 2005, 03:58 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Moral of the story: people are ******* morons
Too true - I was looking at my Octy in the sunshine today and have noticed a ding in the rubbing strip and panel on the front passenger door

I've only had it for 5 months. Stone chips I can put up with as unavoidable but not damage caused by other people.

Plus theres the mark on the back bumper caused by the halfwit bint in the BMW Z3 who ran into the back of me at a roundabout.

Sometimes I think I should just leave the car at home and walk everywhere