Sponsored by:

Seen the error of my ways

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2005, 02:35 PM
RANDY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Seen the error of my ways

Hi, i'm a newbie to this site but not to Subaru's. I had my pride and joy (1996 WRX wagon) liberated some five years ago in Leeds while visiting my brother in the Round Hey area. The house got broken into and trashed till the keys were found and then off went the car for it final thrash before being left for dead. After the insurers messing me around left right and centre and accusing me of fraud, i decided that i didn't want to get another subaru straight away and opted for a Toyota Landcruiser to get my mountian bike/motorcross bike/dog around in. i currently have a Strange Rover DSE that is boring the life out of me and have decided to go back to the car i enjoyed so much. So the question is, what one to get. There still seems to be very few wagons around but i can't help being seduced by the saloon. I'm sure that i could live with a detachable tow bar for the bike trailer and a thule roof rack. can you just reassure me that these cars are still as reliable as ever and as much fun as i remember. People have told me to avoid the 2000-2001 year vehicles because they are slower than my previous car, is this unfounded. i will probably be looking for a 02-03 model if the right one comes up..... any help or advice on what to look out for would be greatly apreciated.
thanks....
Old 26 April 2005, 03:40 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RANDY
Hi, i'm a newbie to this site but not to Subaru's. I had my pride and joy (1996 WRX wagon) liberated some five years ago in Leeds while visiting my brother in the Round Hey area. The house got broken into and trashed till the keys were found and then off went the car for it final thrash before being left for dead. After the insurers messing me around left right and centre and accusing me of fraud, i decided that i didn't want to get another subaru straight away and opted for a Toyota Landcruiser to get my mountian bike/motorcross bike/dog around in. i currently have a Strange Rover DSE that is boring the life out of me and have decided to go back to the car i enjoyed so much. So the question is, what one to get. There still seems to be very few wagons around but i can't help being seduced by the saloon. I'm sure that i could live with a detachable tow bar for the bike trailer and a thule roof rack. can you just reassure me that these cars are still as reliable as ever and as much fun as i remember. People have told me to avoid the 2000-2001 year vehicles because they are slower than my previous car, is this unfounded. i will probably be looking for a 02-03 model if the right one comes up..... any help or advice on what to look out for would be greatly apreciated.
thanks....

If i were u mate i.d get a 03 3rd gen impreza,,, Subaru really sorted there head out in the interier department fom then..

I.d also get one from the main dealer at the age ure after...and also get the car AA/RAC inspected even if its at the main dealer cus even though the car would probaly be mint engine/interier/exterier as u would expect from a newish car,,,,,,,,,,,it still could of been in an accident,,, and those rac inspectors are a dab hand at finding evidence of crashes,,panel change etc..