Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Was Laughing All The Way To Chester !

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2000, 12:07 AM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you just love taking the **** out of Porkers..... ...! As the majority cannot drive them quickly!

I find Boxsters are particularly bad !

James
Old 05 September 2000, 12:25 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Cool

As Long as Mr Kewell manages to get past all the defences and goalies in the Premiership with great regularity then I'll be happy

Oh and he is still playing from Elland Road.

Don't forget he is one of our Antipodean Cousins

[This message has been edited by Neil Micklethwaite (edited 05 September 2000).]
Old 05 September 2000, 09:23 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Smile

Returning from Anglesy, N.Wales at the weekend I was travelling down the ***, long straight dual carriageway when a 911 came up behind me flashing his lights and offside indicator, plenty of traffic in front of me meant I could do nothing until it cleared, by this time the 911 driver and his passengers were jumping up and down,I was by now determined not to let them get the better of me, so, I allowed them to draw up beside me and kept them level for a while, with no danger to any other road users by the way, then getting bored, I left them, ( 2 young guys and 2 young girls ), what seemed like an eternity I allowed them to catch up but this time they kept 3-4 car lengths behind me and were very " quiet ". I pulled into the next service station and they followed me in, getting out of the car the 2 guys approached me saying " what the hell is that mate " I explained ( std STi VI ) and they were gobsmacked to say the least, firstly due to my car having a private plate on and being prefixed by a C, they thought it was an old 1986 something repainted in yellow....thanks guys...as it turns out their car was a 99 model 911 sport SE, they asked me to write down the make and model etc and they were going to enquire this week !!oh..and the driver's name...Harry Kewell or something...says he plays for Leeds Utd, I recognised his girlfriend though, out of Emmerdale..(not that I watch it of course).
Old 05 September 2000, 09:37 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

If it's good enough for Harry Kewell, then my missis can have no arguments about me getting one
Joolz
Old 05 September 2000, 09:51 AM
g4vln
Scooby Regular

Smile

Great story. Mellow. Did you get any free match tickets!!!!!!!!!
Old 05 September 2000, 02:30 PM
Denz
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened to me porker on my backside on dual carriageway, doin about 50mph he was givin it all the "im so great and going to overtake now so i dropped a cog a floored it, i wouldnt say i stuffed him but when hitting 80mph i was at least 8-10 car lengths away from him!!!

Old 05 September 2000, 03:20 PM
Alec
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

Mellow
Seeing you have an extra STI, you could have flogged it to him?
Alec
Old 05 September 2000, 04:44 PM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

Mellow

Excellent story. Took great delight in relaying it to my boss who drives a Porsche and supports Leeds

Peter
Old 05 September 2000, 04:55 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Wink

His girlfriend is Sheree Murphy and there are some pictures of her here:
Old 05 September 2000, 05:48 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

He'll have plenty of time to use the Scooby as he is due for an ankle operation soon that will sideline him for 3 months.

BUGGER

Yex...Leeds supporter
Old 05 September 2000, 05:49 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Smile

Alec,
Funnily enough I did ask him if he were interested in my other one but he said that he gets enough looks/interest in the porker and didn't know if he could take on such a bright car and even more looks/interest, I did tell him though that there were some great " quiet " colours to choose though......just a thought....how can someone own a newish porker and not be aware of scooby's ?? bit strange eh ?
Old 05 September 2000, 06:10 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Talking

Up until a couple of months ago, Mr Kewell and Mr McPhail (A Leeds player also) lived opposite a mate of mine in Wetherby.

Harry, if I can call him that had an M3 BMW with the reg k3wel and was quite rude in the petrol station where another of my mates works at.

Steve McPhail has just invested in a rather natty M5...so it seems that BMW's are the favoured motor for our Footballing Stars....perhaps Harry is moving up a gear.....

Give it time lads and lasses, I am sure we can convert him to a WRX or even a New Scoob..........nah, thought not!

Jamie
Old 05 September 2000, 11:35 PM
Glenn
Scooby Regular

Excellent post Mellow, still laughing now ! Also, I'm an ex 911 owner, and people are constantly taking the p*** for selling and buying "a what ?"...until they've been for a ride that is ! It's amazing how many people out there think Scooby is some sort of cartoon dog or something ! Woof woof

Glenn
Old 06 September 2000, 11:04 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mellow Yellow !:
<B>just a thought....how can someone own a newish porker and not be aware of scooby's ?? bit strange eh ? [/quote]

Ha ha ha......not at all.

Like most professional footballers he's probably more concerned about image and (allegedly) not the brightest star in the sky

D
Old 06 September 2000, 01:43 PM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Cool

There are a few footballers with Scoobs. A couple have 22B's. The Fulham goalie, Marcus Hahnemann, was at the Scooby suspension test day at MIRA a few months ago with a very nice Sti. Nice bloke, too.
Old 06 September 2000, 02:54 PM
davespencer
Scooby Regular

I went out for a test drive in a lotus elise owned by a young girl in the office where i work. She told me that it was very fast and she drove it hard.After the drive i asked her if she would like a drive in the scooby, she replied oh no not in a slow family saloon.So after a few weeks of torment she finally took me up on the offer, when we pulled up back on the car park she was holding her face and got out very quickly.she had a nose bleed. Now she owns a scooby and the Lotus as gone as its not quick enough.Another one bites the dust.
Old 06 September 2000, 03:21 PM
Denz
Scooby Regular

spoke to mate on phone who thought that his chipped PUMA 1.7 would give my scooby a run for its money!

I went to see him yesterday lunchtime and i told him that "today is the day when you sell the Ford"!!! (he didnt beleave me, and had never been in a scooby before)

By 5pm that day after taking him out in it, he no longer owns a Puma, and far as i now Quenby brothers in Baldock have just sold him a MY98

Old 06 September 2000, 06:43 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Davespencer,
Would your dear friend like a ride in a yellow one....I promise I'll be careful...sounds hot, well done for the conversion!