Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woman Drivers!!! (not all of you though!)

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2005, 09:23 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Woman Drivers!!! (not all of you though!)

Damn!! just joined this forum last week and already I have some bad news to post....yesterday on returning from work in my beloved scoob a middle aged "oh wait till i check my hair in the interior mirror" type woman decided to pull out of a minor road onto the main road in which I was travelling and smash right into the side of me!!!

Resulting in a the need for a new bumper, front wing, wheel and tyre and headlight!!

Not only that She now not answering the phone number she gave me to get her insurance details...hmmm...I do however have her reg plate and alleged address.....so should be able to track her down!!

She admitted it was her fault at the time claiming "oh sorry I wasnt concentrating"....??????......it just pisses me off...especially when everyone passing just looked and prob thought....oh look a young boy racer in his Subaru has crashed into that poor lady in her ford focus!!!

Well i will keep you posted on how I get on and maybe try and post some pics of the damage.
Old 24 March 2005, 09:44 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I would deliver a letter to that address personally and get her to sign it, admitting liability. You know what these insurance wŁnkers are like, they will advise her to deny liability. If address turns out to be bogus, send the reg onto the police.
A lot of policys also state that you are not allowed to actually admit liability!
Sorry to hear that m8, main thing is that everyone is ok.
Old 24 March 2005, 09:58 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

cheers mate...I actually contacted police today after being nagged by the Mrs last night(who incedentely is a copper) to do so. However the WPC i spoke to on the phone basically said.."why you telling us".

As the woman stopped and exchanged details the fact that she is now not answering her phone shouldnt be a cause for concern at this stage I was told.

She may have just given a wrong digit in her distress I was told??

What was I doing phoning anyway? all traffic accidents reports should be made in person at the station....oh how foolish of me!!

iam insured with Bell direct and they were quite helpful when i Phoned ( so they should be for Ł1600 a year) so Hopefully they will get to bottom of it!!
Old 24 March 2005, 10:07 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your 'accident' (well, her stupidity and your damaged motor). It may well be that she doesn't answer 'cos she's afraid of getting an earful.

Hope it all works out with the insurance.
Old 24 March 2005, 10:09 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Well good luck with it m8, listen to your mrs, and make sure you do everything you can to avoid getting shafted. Go round to that address and take pics of her car, where the accident took place, and pics of your car. Then draw a diagram of what happened. All of this will show that you have nothing to hide.
Old 24 March 2005, 10:15 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

I take it there were no witnesses? I'd guess though, that as long as she doesn't deny being involved it'll be pretty hard to say it's your fault if she went into the side of your car (unless she claims you were power sliding and somehow went down the road she was coming out of and hit her front end!)
Old 24 March 2005, 10:19 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Trust me, insurance companys will advise their clients to say anything to get out of paying up!
Old 24 March 2005, 10:25 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

You should of dragged her out of the car and battered her

Sorry you should have got the police involved
Old 24 March 2005, 10:34 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Yea, how come you didn't call the mrs??
Old 25 March 2005, 12:16 AM
WRX Cookie
Scooby Newbie

i many years ago had a woman pull out of a turning not looking at anything except her make up in the mirror crash into me she on the spot admitted it was her fault so i accepted that and didnt call the police she gave me her address to get her insurance details which i thought that was ok since what had happend but when i got round there i was confronted by an arrogant husband who claimed it was my fault for traveling down that road at such a time long and short i had a big arguement in court for the damages done to my vehicle which i never got for what i paid for the vehicle and a smug ( at that time ) husband knowing the law and cos the police wasnt called it was word for work and aint it funny how witnesses pop up after the event
Old 25 March 2005, 08:58 AM
Azyman
Scooby Regular

[What was I doing phoning anyway? all traffic accidents reports should be made in person at the station....oh how foolish of me!!

You should of said i think she had no tax then they would of sent some one out to find her
Old 25 March 2005, 02:59 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Wink

dont forget what we are all being told 'Women are safer drivers than men' so it must be your fault.... powerman
Old 26 March 2005, 02:05 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys....I am going round to her address today to see if I can get her details..I have the fear as the above post says that I will be confronted by an arrogant hubby built like a bear!

I will let you know how I get on!!
Old 26 March 2005, 02:28 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

It must be something to do with the username. 2 women have hit my car this month