Sponsored by:

Dealer Poll

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2000, 05:50 PM
Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Which is the best dealer in the S.W.London area?. Currently using Ace Kensington/Acton, but not very impressed, they don't even wash my car when they service it, and frankly don't seem to be very enthusiastic.

Tang
Old 29 August 2000, 06:01 PM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

I too live in that area and would be interested on others comments. Quite a few seem to recommend Cheam Motors. The only other one I can think of is Marlborough in Isleworth - I rang about a probelm and they seemed very keen (probably because they are new and want to build up business though).

I just had my 15K mile service done in Bradford as that is where I got it from - they too didn't wash the car, is this common????

Peter
Old 29 August 2000, 06:17 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I know that I'll get dissed but I am quite happy with the service I get from Lancaster 7 Oaks. They collect the car (on time) & bring it back clean & shining (on time). The cleaning might not be up to WOW standards They will provide a courtesy car FOC (Imp GL). I work in central London & this is not a problem for them. They may be a tad more expensive than others(according to reckoning on the BBS), tho the only other I tried was Ace & I thought they were expensive (& no cleaning, no courtesy car etc). Whilst clean cars & courtesy cars are not the be all, it does make for convenience when you are pushed for time & logistics.
Old 30 August 2000, 12:35 AM
Tang
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sounds like Cheam motors are ahead at the moment, certainly don't like the press that Ace Kensington are getting, seems to confirm my views.

Any more for any more?

Tnag
Old 30 August 2000, 12:51 AM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lancaster 7 Oakes are v good.

Thanks

Sonu
Old 30 August 2000, 10:16 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Smile

Robinson's Rochdale never wash my car and that's fine with me. I prefer that they don't. Wouldn't use any main dealer not prepared to give you a courtesy car, cheeky gits. Premium prices demand premium service, even if you get a Justy, GL or an ageing Legacy.

In this month's True Grip Cheam Motors offer 10% discount to SIDC members. Go check 'em out.
Old 30 August 2000, 11:11 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I have used SOOOO many dealers in the London area (aswell as out of London area) and I rate them all pretty well, but if I had to name one, I would say Lavender Hill in Enfield are the best. Cheam Motors is also very good but it is a bit of a trek (South London).

Ace Kensington (no comment!)
Old 30 August 2000, 04:52 PM
Alan
Scooby Regular

Cheam Motors, no reason to go anywhere else regardless of their 10% discount which has saved me a small fortune recently!
Old 30 August 2000, 05:48 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

ACE have serviced my car since new, and have always performed satisfactorily or better.

There have been a couple of 'incidents', but they have been resolved amicably and professionally albeit with a bit of persuasion required sometimes.

I've also had to make some warranty claims for a gearbox and a clutch kit, and these have been handled well.

I always wash my car by hand before it goes for a service so I have a very good idea of it's condition before and after.... I do a better job anyway.

I might well be persuaded to give cheam a try after my eye watering bill for the 24month service - ouch!.

Cheers,

Alex

Old 30 August 2000, 05:57 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Sorry Sonu but I thought Lancasters of Sevenoaks were not that good, as well as being dearer than the rest ! but hey they do clean your car with a power washer, must be worth the extra 20%.....IMHO.
Old 30 August 2000, 08:35 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

With Stef one this one. I live right near Lavender HIll Garage and the service is top notch. Always helpful and friendly and make a loan car available ( how is the Justy sooo bad ) and very reasoable price wise too.

They don't wash the car but that suits me fine as I'm a fussy git,

AllanB
Old 30 August 2000, 11:28 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Springpark are an alternative to Lancaster 7, don't wash the car but you get to keep the extra cash - and they give the impression of being very interested - when i had the stereo changed, left with the worst squeeking ever heard, took it back and they fixed it, were even willing to destroy a couple of console trims in case they couldn't sort it with mine!!!
Old 31 August 2000, 08:12 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheam are excellent, B&C are ****ers
Old 31 August 2000, 09:27 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Another vote for Cheam - very good.

Colleague at work uses Lavender Hill and speaks very highly of them.

Chris
Old 31 August 2000, 10:01 AM
Aero
Scooby Regular

Just a little further out to the west is SGT in Maidenhead.
Two thumbs fresh.
Old 31 August 2000, 11:32 AM
JMS
Scooby Newbie

Even further West of Maidenhead, is Crowne Motors of Henley on Thames.They are a grey importer of STI's and other Japanese supercars (EVO's, Skylines, Lexus and more).

I have had excellent and enthusiastic sales and service from them so far. But I still fear a service visit, as the last time I put my STI v4 in for a service, it came out as a brand new RA! Too many tempting vehicles to look at while you are waiting...

Jules
STI RA v5