Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wifes just bought an evo 260 but dosn't want it.do I sell my scoob or the 260

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2005, 06:00 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wifes just bought an evo 260 but dosn't want it.do I sell my scoob or the 260

Bought last week and she is scared of all the jackings going on. She loves the car but is afraid to drive it. So I have a choice of sell it at a loss or sell my scoob and tune the 260 (cus it definatly needs more power)

Any idea what I'd get for a UK00 49500 miles made to look like an STI and the usual exhaust wheels upgrade.

Or put it back to near as standard (will I get more or less for it this way)

Or anyone want a week old 260
Old 08 February 2005, 06:01 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Why did she buy it then?
Old 08 February 2005, 06:07 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx
Bought last week and she is scared of all the jackings going on. She loves the car but is afraid to drive it. So I have a choice of sell it at a loss or sell my scoob and tune the 260 (cus it definatly needs more power)

Any idea what I'd get for a UK00 49500 miles made to look like an STI and the usual exhaust wheels upgrade.

Unsure of price you'd get for UK00, BUT, would certainly suggest stripping back to normal and selling the parts. It'll soften the blow. Selling the 260 would seriously hurt, unless you can work something out with the dealer. Ultimately I think the sale of the 260 will hurt significantly more due to larger losses.

Kevin
Old 08 February 2005, 06:07 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Seems like a silly thing to do - buy a car then think about stuff

Sell the MY00 and keep the Evo, u say the 260 needs more power but surely its got more than your impreza with exhaust already????
Old 08 February 2005, 06:08 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by wrx

Alternative: invest in Blackjax (cicra £200) keep both cars, problem solved. At the end of the day you have two options: live in fear of the scum and sacrifice things that you've worked hard for and should enjoy, or get out there, stick two fingers up at the scum and enjoy your possessions.

Regards,
Old 08 February 2005, 06:10 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

Either way, you're going to lose something... which would you rather lose, a bit of money or the scoob. Surely if she goes back to the supplying dealer, and spoke nicely to the DP, they would help out a little....???

Pigs flying anyone??

J

Last edited by Jay_bee; 08 February 2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08 February 2005, 06:40 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/performance-upgrades.htm
Old 09 February 2005, 07:48 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Beat me to it
Old 09 February 2005, 09:44 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

agree with the black jax,

or go another route and get the whole clifford concept. and anti smash window film (can be clear if you dont want tinted).

look at the clifford site, a good installer will automaticly look all doors with ignition (and unlock when turned off), blackjax will be armed for all doors including rears (not uncommon for some installers to do just the drivers door).
So without easy entry into the car this would make must jackers give up and run off. Unless they have guns.

As a whole i dont see the evo260 being targetted by jackers more than any other car. More likely to get done if you drove a tt or a 3 series.

Another solution is to return your car to standard and swap with your wife.
Old 09 February 2005, 09:55 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Next week she'll be worried about people breaking into your home and stealing the 260.

Its got to go IMO
Old 09 February 2005, 10:22 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

she should have bought the colour she liked first time round
Old 09 February 2005, 10:27 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Buys a car then doesn't want it?

<Rene Artois>
You Stoooopidd Wommmaaaan!!
</Rene Artois>

...a bit different from a pair of shoes...
Old 09 February 2005, 10:31 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Get a new wife and keep scoob. Problem solved!
Old 09 February 2005, 11:23 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Women
Old 09 February 2005, 11:44 AM
MidLifeCrisisII
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Respect to your wife

I wish mine would just come home with an Evo one day!
Old 09 February 2005, 11:52 AM
bigscottyboy
Scooby Regular

swap the evo for another scoob!
Old 09 February 2005, 12:04 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

How much are you willing to lose on the Evo? I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but a dealer would probably only give you £16k for it.
If I were you I'd flog the Impreza and keep the evo.
Old 09 February 2005, 03:06 PM
yamman 02 R1
Scooby Regular

Wink

keep them both for youself n tell her to buy a mountain bike in pink!!!
Originally Posted by wrx

Old 09 February 2005, 03:37 PM
MMMscooby
Scooby Regular

Aint that the truth lol
Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisisII
I wish mine would just come home with an Evo one day!
Old 09 February 2005, 04:21 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

She thinks she might get a clio 182 from somewhere like motorpoint but the most they will give is 18K on the evo or 6.6K for my scoob.

If I keep the evo it will definatly be going to somewhere like WRC but it will void the waranty and I don't want it going bang.

My scoob feels alot quicker than the 260 as it has PPP,induction and dawes with a 1/4 mile time of 13.2 so that is what I'd want from the evo.

She chose it because it was what she always wanted then last week my friends house got turned over for his and she dosn't know how shed react if someone tried to jack her. (they have tried twice with mine but that's Brum for you)
Old 09 February 2005, 04:42 PM
New_scooby_04

[QUOTE=wrx]She thinks she might get a clio 182 from somewhere like motorpoint but the most they will give is 18K on the evo or 6.6K for my scoob.

QUOTE]

If she's worried about car-jacking then she's every bit as much of a target in a Clio 182. Get a blackjax, tell her to keep the doors locked at all times and be vigilant... Just Enjoy the car! Neither of you need sell!!!!! Why let the Scum prevent you from having what car you want?!
Old 10 February 2005, 09:22 AM
Tigger
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ok then everyone - this is the wife here! TIME TO HAVE MY SAY AS YOU LOT ALREADY HAVE!!
I bought the Evo because it was something that I had always wanted, I am not stupid, I did not think oh I'll just buy that and get a refund like a pair of shoes either.

There have been many stories on Scoobynet and the MLR this week and last of people having their cars stolen, jacked or having houses broken into for their cars left on the driveway. I don't think it is unreasonable to worry about this kind of thing. Are you telling me that when something like that happens near to where you live you don't begin to think that you may become a target??? I thought long and hard about it before I got it - I'm not a lottery winner I don't have 20 odd grand to just go throwing about on a whim.

I know that the Evo is entry level and is not 400bhp as some of you claim that your scoobs are (whatever!) but it is still a very fast car that most things on the road would struggle to keep up with, it's not like a Fiesta or something that you can drive around town in without everyone batting an eyelid and IS a target for undesirables.

So stop judging me and just answer the questions that have been asked. At the end of the day I like fast cars, and don't describe a nice car as "a red one" like most birds would.

Rant Over.
Old 10 February 2005, 09:50 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Tigger
Ok then everyone - this is the wife here! TIME TO HAVE MY SAY AS YOU LOT ALREADY HAVE!!
I bought the Evo because it was something that I had always wanted, .
Tigger, you've answered your own question: you keep it! Keep things in perspective: yes, having a nice car does make you more appealing to the Scum, but these events ARE a rarity and if it happens to you, you are unlucky! There are a number of things you can do to reduce the risks. Perhaps the best protection is simply to lock the doors when you're driving. When you pull up behind cars, always alow sufficient room to drive around them should the occupants get out. Have a look around before you get in and out of the car. When on the way home be vigiliant for cars that may be following you. If in doubt, cicrle a roundabout a few times and see if they do the same. If they do, head straight for the local police station. You could buy a Blackjax anti carjack device for about £200 which would stop them in their tracks and keep you safe.

Selling a car you've always wanted because you're concerned about small risks of having it taken for you is doing yourself a HUGE injustice. Thinking you can swap it for another fast car and not be a target is just kidding yourself: Clio 182, Fiesta ST, Golf Gti, they'll all be equally agreeable with the Scum. Do you wear Jewelery/use a mobile phone, if so, what makes you think that doesn't make you a target?

A house was broken into about a mile or so from me the other day, am I going to sell my Scooby, hell no!!! I will not let the sh*ts dictate what I can and can't have in life.

Don't pay attention to any comments that are most likely meant in jest e.g. handbags, shoes etc... I think you'll find that many people on here would rather like a GF/wife who had an EVO. They would, however, be less keen on the idea of her feeling compelled to see it cause of the fear of having it nicked.

Get out there and enjoy it!!!!

Regards,
Old 10 February 2005, 09:56 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

well said tigger!!

u could sell the scooby and for around £5 - 6 grand you can put the evo up to about 450bhp.

there was a gr8 write up on the evo's in last months jap performance mag on how to do this.

There have been many stories on Scoobynet and the MLR this week and last of people having their cars stolen, jacked or having houses broken into for their cars left on the driveway. I don't think it is unreasonable to worry about this kind of thing
of course not but word of this has been going on for a few years now and will never go away.
if u sell the evo u still have the scoob and visa versa so u'll still have that risk there no matter what. you'd have to sell both to elimate the risk.

there is no real easy answer either way

I dont live in an area where there is much of the above mentioned happening so dont really feel the worry but if u live in an area where it is I can understand your fears.

i would not bow down to the scum and spoil my fun by selling the RB5. with a tracker and blackjax fitted, a burgular alarm on house and garage wired to police with a panic button in our bedroom i know i have done all I can to feel
secure.

its still never enuff but how far do u go?

I hope u come up with a solution that will somehow keep you both happy

Last edited by rb5 286; 10 February 2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10 February 2005, 12:29 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

but the most they will give is 18K on the evo
Take it and do not look back !
£18k is a very good price for a dealer to offer.
Old 10 February 2005, 12:34 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

GB on black jaxx at the moment fitted at motorguard in brum

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...95#post4284095
Old 10 February 2005, 01:50 PM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

Sell the wife, and keep both cars! They'll be much cheaper to run in the long term
Old 10 February 2005, 06:59 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default E8 260

saw a Evo8 at MotorPoint / Derby last weekend.... think it would have been a 260.
Lovely bright YELLOW... on a 04 plate.... £18999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very tempting

Phil
Old 10 February 2005, 07:10 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

My mrs has got a 182 in Black Gold (Black with gold specs), 04 plate, 8k on the clock....both cup packs (spoiler and handling) and comes with climate control, cd changed, cruise control etc etc.

If your wife is thinking of one of these, we're after about 11-11.5k for it. (Full UK model, not an import - we struggled to find one with the cup packs on and got a good deal).

I'd love a scooby but not exacltly blessed with the brass at the mo.....would be interesting to work out a px...then get shouted at by the mrs and sent to the naught corner again...