Sponsored by:

picked car up on saturday...

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2005, 03:29 PM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked car up on saturday...

Its just as everyone has said that it would be. Big grin on my face when i'm driving/looking out the window at it.

The green looks even better in the daylight (it was dark when i test drove it...lol)

Went to corbridge and hexham in it on Saturday, and the Mrs said...thats got to be the slowest run to hexham we've ever had!!!

I just dont feel the need to boot it and also i have a lot of respect for the car and its capabilities so i'm very wary of it at the moment. Managed to get 280 miles out of the tank with a little bit left in it. Not sure if they filled it up with super or normal unleaded. It says on the filler cap to use unleaded superior so am i right in thinking that you should put super unleaded in each time?

Also on the security front what else would you recommend for the scoob, it has the standard alarm but i was thinking of a multi-lock type device or a disklok. The latter seems to get good reviews on here but it looks horrible though..imo.

Anyway...pleasure to finally be onboard as an owner and not just an outsider looking in.

Old 07 February 2005, 03:47 PM
MACH1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Had my Scooby for 14Months now and i'm still Grinning.
Old 07 February 2005, 03:48 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Halfords do a silver disklok thingy which doesn't look as bad as the yellow type.

However,some would say the more fugly and visible the better.
Old 07 February 2005, 04:08 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Welcome on board
I just live along the Tyne Valley in Prudhoe (White Type R) I'll give you a wave if spotted

Have a look at a few useful local links

http://www.tyneteesscoobies.com/
http://www.asperformance.com/
http://www.revolution.eu.com/erol.html#28582x0&&
Old 07 February 2005, 04:35 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ukjesters
Its just as everyone has said that it would be. Big grin on my face when i'm driving/looking out the window at it.

Not sure if they filled it up with super or normal unleaded. It says on the filler cap to use unleaded superior so am i right in thinking that you should put super unleaded in each time?
Glad you're happy with it. Enjoy!

As regards to your questions: Fuel depends what type of Scooby it is; Import or UK? Imports need optimax and octane booster. UKs will run on regular unleaded, but many on here will only use SUL, preferably Optimax. I'm a proponent of the school of though that says, "you get out what you put in" I use Optimax.

Security: Any Thatcham cat 3 approved disclock is a very good idea: I have the Halfords one, Disclock also highly regarded. The more visible the better really! You want someone to know they're not going to get away with the car before they break into it....not after! :-)

All the best
Old 07 February 2005, 04:37 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, welcome to the wonderful world of scoobs!! Soon all your navigation will be via petrol stations!!!

Seriously though, ALWAYS use super plus, ultimate, optimax etc or you'll not get best results.

On security. You've just spent a decent amount of money on a cracking car, now spend some more! If it's not already, get Tracker. Go for either GPS or standard, the results are usually the same, spend the max you can. I would also say get the Hafords silver steering wheel lock, great visible detterent. Personal preference, get anti-hijack system as well, added reassurance at traffic lights.

Car keys. Keep out of sight at home, take to bed, put in drawer out of way etc. Simple things put thieves off, is the drive gated? If so always shut and padlock at night. Don't turn home into a prison but have a good look at security measures and wonder how a potential car thief would see your house.

Further to that, stay switched on, always lock doors on even shortest trip and be more aware of vehicles around you, are they taking too much interest in you, following you home etc, might be admirers but you never know.

And finally remember, its a chunk of metal thats insured, if the dreaded happens and someones is dead set on getting hold of your car, let them have it, with all the measures above there's a strong possibility of getting it back!! Car jackings happen as do aggravated burglaries at homes for keys, (not as regularly as threads on here might make you think!)

Final thought, if you are planning a weekend/week away and car will be left at home, let the local cop shop know, they will if possible pay passing attention to the address and keep an eye on car as best they can!

Don't want to throw a dampner on things but stuff we all need to know!!

Enjoy!
Old 07 February 2005, 06:55 PM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

Silver disklok purchased from Halfrauds, first impressions...my aren't they heavy!!!

Purchased it asap as per recommendations from scoob members...nowt to do with the fact that i was having withdrawal symptoms and needed to get my supply of Scooby Snacks!!!
Old 07 February 2005, 09:20 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ukjesters
Silver disklok purchased from Halfrauds, first impressions...my aren't they heavy!!!

Purchased it asap as per recommendations from scoob members...nowt to do with the fact that i was having withdrawal symptoms and needed to get my supply of Scooby Snacks!!!
Lol, that's a good thing mate! Heavy duty means hard to shift! (Hopefully) :-)
Old 08 February 2005, 06:15 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

And Tracker?

And anti-hijack?

Don't want to sound like the fat policeman who came to schools telling you about stangers but cannot reccomend these enough! Don't want you to become another statistic then blame us when your pride and joy goes missing!!
Old 09 February 2005, 12:21 AM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

It does have a tracker fitted but is not activated at the moment and insurance company-liv & vic-do not request it.

I'm not to sure that i would want my car back if it had been ragged all over the place.

Rick

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
And Tracker?

And anti-hijack?

Don't want to sound like the fat policeman who came to schools telling you about stangers but cannot reccomend these enough! Don't want you to become another statistic then blame us when your pride and joy goes missing!!