Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2004, 12:02 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days?

just thinking out loud for the moment,but after 3 Impreza's,this is without doubt my least favourite

Its a UK model,FSH and has done 25k with reciepts for interim oil changes.

nothing particularly special about it,Prodrive springs,scott lowe carbon splitter/flaps,orciari grille,18'' speedlines

..,but I've never really enjoyed driving it,not that it hasn't been luvvingly cared for or anythingand I somehow can't help thinking that I reeeeally need to try an Evo b4 I meet my maker

Jon....18k or less?
Old 16 November 2004, 12:08 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Got to be worth £18k of anyones money. I would say £18,499 Get it TSL333'd.
Old 16 November 2004, 12:15 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I agree, defo worth 18k mate... I would even think that some Dealers would come close to giving you that as trade in value!! New Scoobs dont depreciate that much do they!?

Cheers,
Grant
Old 16 November 2004, 12:29 PM
In the ring of fire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I agree, defo worth 18k mate... I would even think that some Dealers would come close to giving you that as trade in value!! New Scoobs dont depreciate that much do they!?

Cheers,
Grant
Believe me they do been there done that, 6 month old my04 sti, was offered as little as 15k managed to get 19k though but 6k in 6 months

Once bitten twice shy
Old 16 November 2004, 12:32 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there are dealers biting people's hands off to get rid of 04 models for 19K with pretty much similar spec. however looks a tidy example but a MY03 I wouls suggest in the current market you's be looking at about 17K if it was a MY04 then perhaps 18.5K
Old 16 November 2004, 12:51 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

If you are thinking of selling, get shot of it quick before you lose even more in depreciation is my advice.
I find it hard to understand why a 2003 STi is worth £18k and 1999 Evo 6 is worth £15k ??
Seems like Impreza's are among the highest depreciating Jap cars on the road.
Old 16 November 2004, 01:27 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking motor.
Old 16 November 2004, 01:58 PM
New_scooby_04

Why don't you enjoy driving it mate? Have you been for a test drive in an Evo yet? I would before you do anything you might regret. Maybe you just need a change to a different genre of car altogether!

Best.
Old 16 November 2004, 02:06 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I was shown a book used by dealers that showed this months depreciation compared with last months depreciation on STi 03 Models. In One month the car had depreciated £543 from the previous month .

Trader would give £18k ish I'm sure .
Old 16 November 2004, 02:43 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

I saw an 03 sell on EBAY last week, went for £13.5K, stunning motor as well. couldnt believe it. I sold my STi 03 August this year managed to sqeeze dealer for £19K but Im sure with the price of the new car I got £15 in reality. There are loads of em on Autotrader £15K upwards. People are struggling to sell mint STi 7's for £12K on here and there are still Version 5 classics fetching that. Really strange but its only going to get worse
Old 16 November 2004, 03:34 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***

Hey Jon,

Its not worth getting rid off. Why not spend a few £££££££'s and get it beefed

TEK3 at least will put a smile on your face !
Bigger turbo next....
Old 16 November 2004, 04:09 PM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Elmer
have just changed my 00MYTurbo scoob (with decat, panel, Tek1) for a year old EVOVIII, after having driven the STi8 on a test drive. Do try the Evo b4 you make any decision, it really is very differant to the scoob. First impressions are f### me, it's hard suspension, but seems a lot better put together (compared with a classic). And it really flies, seems quicker than the STi8ppp even tho' it's only got a claimed 280bhp. I still like both cars, but the EVO just shaded it as I fancied a change, having had 2 scoobs in four years. Oh, and finding a decent, clean EVO is not really that easy, especially if you want a Mitsubishi UK supplied car. Any thoughts or questions feel free to PM me, I'll help if I can.
Old 16 November 2004, 04:23 PM
sti-zlv
Scooby Regular

I have an Sti8PPP and was worried about depreciation so spoke to some dealers and was offered £18k for them to buy it 2 months ago. More recently I went to have a look at the new 05 model and was offered £19.5k straight away with no haggaling. It seems that its probably worth £18.5k.

P.S Nice looking motor, maybe a nice re-map instead

Matt
Old 16 November 2004, 06:57 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by Danny B
I find it hard to understand why a 2003 STi is worth £18k and 1999 Evo 6 is worth £15k ??
Thats what i've got my eye on....A Silver UK Tommi Mac,16k with 25000miles

I don't really want any more power,its that stinkin' 6 speed gearbox that I can't get along with
Old 16 November 2004, 07:43 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Get the Tommi if I were you, run it for a few years and you'll probably get £13k back if you don't pile on the miles.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:25 PM
big_xavier
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking motor mate, Thats why i went for a WRX with ppp on instaed of the sti 6 speed box, did my head in.
Old 16 November 2004, 08:33 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
just thinking out loud for the moment,but after 3 Impreza's,this is without doubt my least favourite

Its a UK model,FSH and has done 25k with reciepts for interim oil changes.

nothing particularly special about it,Prodrive springs,scott lowe carbon splitter/flaps,orciari grille,18'' speedlines

..,but I've never really enjoyed driving it,not that it hasn't been luvvingly cared for or anythingand I somehow can't help thinking that I reeeeally need to try an Evo b4 I meet my maker

Jon....18k or less?
My God are you mad!
If it was me I would invest in some performance driving lessons and forget about selling it and start driving it like it should be...well.

Dipster
Old 16 November 2004, 08:59 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by davedipster
My God are you mad!Dipster
well I hope so yes,heaven forbid that anyone one should consider me *normal*
Old 16 November 2004, 10:08 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

It was tongue in cheek of course; hey can anyone on here be classed as normal

Dipster
Old 17 November 2004, 08:39 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
People are struggling to sell mint STi 7's for £12
**** me, I'd rather set fire to the ****** first.

Shaun
Old 17 November 2004, 12:36 PM
C
Scooby Regular

You're car books around £17k. Thats a month in arrears though.

It's actual worth is probably around the £16k mark (you probably will get a bit more due to over-allowance etc) but cut all the crap away & thats the cold hard fact.

It shows as depreciating (in Glasses) @ £575.00 a month. Glasses is generally the kinder of the two if you are comparing it with Cap as well
Old 17 November 2004, 12:45 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by C

It shows as depreciating (in Glasses) @ £575.00 a month. Glasses is generally the kinder of the two if you are comparing it with Cap as well

£575 a month Thats scary, good for the buyers but bad for those who already have them, glad i sold mine back in August. Strange as it may be it seems the WRX model depreciates a lot less
Old 17 November 2004, 12:58 PM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

i just traded my MY02 sti and got £a hell of lot more than 18,000 for it mind you it was a huge jump up to the next car
Old 17 November 2004, 01:22 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
£575 a month Thats scary, good for the buyers but bad for those who already have them, glad i sold mine back in August. Strange as it may be it seems the WRX model depreciates a lot less
WRX is £400 a month though
Old 17 November 2004, 04:19 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Thats what i've got my eye on....A Silver UK Tommi Mac,16k with 25000miles

I don't really want any more power,its that stinkin' 6 speed gearbox that I can't get along with
I suggest you change your STi for a good one - I have driven several 03 Uks (Prodrives) - they do vary - I certainly wouldnt chage for a Mak - it is hideously hard and jumps around a bumpy road so badly you have to back off at a fraction of the passing Sti (and their suspension certainly has its issues..) - Gearbox?? - Whats wrong with it?! - superb - not the quickest, but lovely action and alledgedly very strong.

As for engine,..............have you heard the Mak??! - Scalextric cars sound infinitely better!

You need a better version of the same - as for price - £19.9 in January should be no problem -

If you are serious about selling - you might want to reword it........???!

Yes, I have the same car and it is truly awesome - other cars include 10 yrs of Griffith driving and 5 yrs of GTi6 (tuned to 210 bhp) - and the STi Pro most definitely gives the pleasures of the other + everyday practicality, thumbs up from the kids, and an on boost transition that both sounds and most probably, is, pretty much satanic!!

Wake up and smell the roses man - that is a good car for less than £20k!!
Old 17 November 2004, 04:21 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by C

It's actual worth is probably around the £16k mark (you probably will get a bit more due to over-allowance etc) but cut all the crap away & thats the cold hard fact.

Yeah right, and how many people have been buying Blobeye STi Prodrives for less than £19k - hands up anybody?
Old 17 November 2004, 04:31 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Wink

The market is really depressed at the moment - hence Subaru I.M. offering all their cars free on 24hr trials

Dont get me on my soap box about the UK economy, land prices etc ...... basically it will be a little stronger after Christmas, but lets face it, the UK economy is well and truly stuffed with land priced out of the reach of all but those who have it already - everybody is borrowing at a rate that is truly unimaginable - even the Government flogged off the National Gold Reserve for a song --- There can simply be no spare capital for the economy and UK residents to survive until land prices are re-aligned.

You can buy a watch, a calculator a GPS 12 SATELLITE (for heaven sake!!)channel receiver and a TV and have change out of £99 - an undesirable micro building plot big enough for your car and a greenhouse -- how much?! - probably best part of £100 k - before u try and fit a house on it - before you realise you cannot afford to buy any more clothes - any more food ------

Doctor said I was depressed.........!!

UK's economy is a time bomb waiting to go off.........
Old 17 November 2004, 04:54 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
Yeah right, and how many people have been buying Blobeye STi Prodrives for less than £19k - hands up anybody?
Want me to take picture of the page for you?

Thats the trouble, the public have no idea how the motor trade works
Old 17 November 2004, 04:58 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
I certainly wouldnt chage for a Mak - it is hideously hard and jumps around a bumpy road so badly you have to back off at a fraction of the passing Sti (and their suspension certainly has its issues..) - Gearbox?? - Whats wrong with it?! - superb - not the quickest, but lovely action and alledgedly very strong.

As for engine,..............have you heard the Mak??! - Scalextric cars sound infinitely better!
Have you even driven a TME?

Because it sure as hell doent sound like it!
Old 17 November 2004, 04:59 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by C
Want me to take picture of the page for you?

Thats the trouble, the public have no idea how the motor trade works
First guy offered me £15.5K for MY03 Sti (Non PPP) - Eventually went for £18.5K in September. Don't take the first offer .

Quick Reply: so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days?