ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/380037-so-whats-my-03-sti-ppp-worth-these-days.html)

Elmer Fudpucker 16 November 2004 12:02 PM

so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days?

just thinking out loud for the moment,but after 3 Impreza's,this is without doubt my least favourite:(

Its a UK model,FSH and has done 25k with reciepts for interim oil changes.

nothing particularly special about it,Prodrive springs,scott lowe carbon splitter/flaps,orciari grille,18'' speedlines:)

..,but I've never really enjoyed driving it:(,not that it hasn't been luvvingly cared for or anything;)and I somehow can't help thinking that I reeeeally need to try an Evo b4 I meet my maker:D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0...5/13e42a73.jpg

Jon:D....18k or less?:(

DJ Dunk 16 November 2004 12:08 PM

Got to be worth £18k of anyones money. I would say £18,499 ;) Get it TSL333'd.

RS Grant 16 November 2004 12:15 PM

I agree, defo worth 18k mate... I would even think that some Dealers would come close to giving you that as trade in value!! New Scoobs dont depreciate that much do they!? :eek:

Cheers,
Grant

In the ring of fire 16 November 2004 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I agree, defo worth 18k mate... I would even think that some Dealers would come close to giving you that as trade in value!! New Scoobs dont depreciate that much do they!? :eek:

Cheers,
Grant

Believe me they do been there done that, 6 month old my04 sti, was offered as little as 15k managed to get 19k though but 6k in 6 months :eek::nono:

Once bitten twice shy :(

Fizz 16 November 2004 12:32 PM

there are dealers biting people's hands off to get rid of 04 models for 19K with pretty much similar spec. however looks a tidy example but a MY03 I wouls suggest in the current market you's be looking at about 17K if it was a MY04 then perhaps 18.5K

Danny B 16 November 2004 12:51 PM

If you are thinking of selling, get shot of it quick before you lose even more in depreciation is my advice.
I find it hard to understand why a 2003 STi is worth £18k and 1999 Evo 6 is worth £15k ??
Seems like Impreza's are among the highest depreciating Jap cars on the road.

sKunk 16 November 2004 01:27 PM

Lovely looking motor.

New_scooby_04 16 November 2004 01:58 PM

Why don't you enjoy driving it mate? Have you been for a test drive in an Evo yet? I would before you do anything you might regret. Maybe you just need a change to a different genre of car altogether!

Best.

jasey 16 November 2004 02:06 PM

I was shown a book used by dealers that showed this months depreciation compared with last months depreciation on STi 03 Models. In One month the car had depreciated £543 from the previous month :eek:.

Trader would give £18k ish I'm sure :(.

The Fixer 16 November 2004 02:43 PM

I saw an 03 sell on EBAY last week, went for £13.5K, stunning motor as well. couldnt believe it. I sold my STi 03 August this year managed to sqeeze dealer for £19K but Im sure with the price of the new car I got £15 in reality. There are loads of em on Autotrader £15K upwards. People are struggling to sell mint STi 7's for £12K on here and there are still Version 5 classics fetching that. Really strange but its only going to get worse :(

marklemac 16 November 2004 03:34 PM

Hey Jon,

Its not worth getting rid off. Why not spend a few £££££££'s and get it beefed ;)

TEK3 at least will put a smile on your face !
Bigger turbo next....

glen4 16 November 2004 04:09 PM

Elmer
have just changed my 00MYTurbo scoob (with decat, panel, Tek1) for a year old EVOVIII, after having driven the STi8 on a test drive. Do try the Evo b4 you make any decision, it really is very differant to the scoob. First impressions are f### me, it's hard suspension, but seems a lot better put together (compared with a classic). And it really flies, seems quicker than the STi8ppp even tho' it's only got a claimed 280bhp. I still like both cars, but the EVO just shaded it as I fancied a change, having had 2 scoobs in four years. Oh, and finding a decent, clean EVO is not really that easy, especially if you want a Mitsubishi UK supplied car. Any thoughts or questions feel free to PM me, I'll help if I can.

sti-zlv 16 November 2004 04:23 PM

I have an Sti8PPP and was worried about depreciation so spoke to some dealers and was offered £18k for them to buy it 2 months ago. More recently I went to have a look at the new 05 model and was offered £19.5k straight away with no haggaling. It seems that its probably worth £18.5k.

P.S Nice looking motor, maybe a nice re-map instead

Matt

Elmer Fudpucker 16 November 2004 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Danny B
I find it hard to understand why a 2003 STi is worth £18k and 1999 Evo 6 is worth £15k ??

Thats what i've got my eye on;)....A Silver UK Tommi Mac:D,16k with 25000miles

I don't really want any more power,its that stinkin' 6 speed gearbox that I can't get along with:(

Danny B 16 November 2004 07:43 PM

Get the Tommi if I were you, run it for a few years and you'll probably get £13k back if you don't pile on the miles.

big_xavier 16 November 2004 08:25 PM

Lovely looking motor mate, Thats why i went for a WRX with ppp on instaed of the sti 6 speed box, did my head in.

davedipster 16 November 2004 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
just thinking out loud for the moment,but after 3 Impreza's,this is without doubt my least favourite:(

Its a UK model,FSH and has done 25k with reciepts for interim oil changes.

nothing particularly special about it,Prodrive springs,scott lowe carbon splitter/flaps,orciari grille,18'' speedlines:)

..,but I've never really enjoyed driving it:(,not that it hasn't been luvvingly cared for or anything;)and I somehow can't help thinking that I reeeeally need to try an Evo b4 I meet my maker:D

Jon:D....18k or less?:(

My God are you mad!
If it was me I would invest in some performance driving lessons and forget about selling it and start driving it like it should be...well.

Dipster

Elmer Fudpucker 16 November 2004 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
My God are you mad!Dipster

well I hope so yes,heaven forbid that anyone one should consider me *normal*:confused:

davedipster 16 November 2004 10:08 PM

It was tongue in cheek of course; hey can anyone on here be classed as normal :)

Dipster

urban 17 November 2004 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
People are struggling to sell mint STi 7's for £12

Feck me, I'd rather set fire to the fecker first. :(

Shaun

C 17 November 2004 12:36 PM

You're car books around £17k. Thats a month in arrears though.

It's actual worth is probably around the £16k mark (you probably will get a bit more due to over-allowance etc) but cut all the crap away & thats the cold hard fact.

It shows as depreciating (in Glasses) @ £575.00 a month. Glasses is generally the kinder of the two if you are comparing it with Cap as well :eek:

The Fixer 17 November 2004 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by C

It shows as depreciating (in Glasses) @ £575.00 a month. Glasses is generally the kinder of the two if you are comparing it with Cap as well :eek:

£575 a month :eek: Thats scary, good for the buyers but bad for those who already have them, glad i sold mine back in August. Strange as it may be it seems the WRX model depreciates a lot less :confused:

hawkthescoobslayer 17 November 2004 12:58 PM

i just traded my MY02 sti and got £a hell of lot more than 18,000 for it :D:D mind you it was a huge jump up to the next car

C 17 November 2004 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
£575 a month :eek: Thats scary, good for the buyers but bad for those who already have them, glad i sold mine back in August. Strange as it may be it seems the WRX model depreciates a lot less :confused:

WRX is £400 a month though :eek:

GRIFF007 17 November 2004 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Thats what i've got my eye on;)....A Silver UK Tommi Mac:D,16k with 25000miles

I don't really want any more power,its that stinkin' 6 speed gearbox that I can't get along with:(

I suggest you change your STi for a good one - I have driven several 03 Uks (Prodrives) - they do vary - I certainly wouldnt chage for a Mak - it is hideously hard and jumps around a bumpy road so badly you have to back off at a fraction of the passing Sti (and their suspension certainly has its issues..) - Gearbox?? - Whats wrong with it?! - superb - not the quickest, but lovely action and alledgedly very strong.

As for engine,..............have you heard the Mak??! - Scalextric cars sound infinitely better!

You need a better version of the same - as for price - £19.9 in January should be no problem -

If you are serious about selling - you might want to reword it........???!

Yes, I have the same car and it is truly awesome - other cars include 10 yrs of Griffith driving and 5 yrs of GTi6 (tuned to 210 bhp) - and the STi Pro most definitely gives the pleasures of the other + everyday practicality, thumbs up from the kids, and an on boost transition that both sounds and most probably, is, pretty much satanic!!

Wake up and smell the roses man - that is a good car for less than £20k!!

GRIFF007 17 November 2004 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by C

It's actual worth is probably around the £16k mark (you probably will get a bit more due to over-allowance etc) but cut all the crap away & thats the cold hard fact.

Yeah right, and how many people have been buying Blobeye STi Prodrives for less than £19k - hands up anybody?

GRIFF007 17 November 2004 04:31 PM

The market is really depressed at the moment - hence Subaru I.M. offering all their cars free on 24hr trials

Dont get me on my soap box about the UK economy, land prices etc ...... basically it will be a little stronger after Christmas, but lets face it, the UK economy is well and truly stuffed with land priced out of the reach of all but those who have it already - everybody is borrowing at a rate that is truly unimaginable - even the Government flogged off the National Gold Reserve for a song --- There can simply be no spare capital for the economy and UK residents to survive until land prices are re-aligned.

You can buy a watch, a calculator a GPS 12 SATELLITE (for heaven sake!!)channel receiver and a TV and have change out of £99 - an undesirable micro building plot big enough for your car and a greenhouse -- how much?! - probably best part of £100 k - before u try and fit a house on it - before you realise you cannot afford to buy any more clothes - any more food ------

Doctor said I was depressed.........!!

UK's economy is a time bomb waiting to go off.........

C 17 November 2004 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
Yeah right, and how many people have been buying Blobeye STi Prodrives for less than £19k - hands up anybody?

Want me to take picture of the page for you?

Thats the trouble, the public have no idea how the motor trade works :rolleyes:

C 17 November 2004 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
I certainly wouldnt chage for a Mak - it is hideously hard and jumps around a bumpy road so badly you have to back off at a fraction of the passing Sti (and their suspension certainly has its issues..) - Gearbox?? - Whats wrong with it?! - superb - not the quickest, but lovely action and alledgedly very strong.

As for engine,..............have you heard the Mak??! - Scalextric cars sound infinitely better!

Have you even driven a TME?

Because it sure as hell doent sound like it! :)

jasey 17 November 2004 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by C
Want me to take picture of the page for you?

Thats the trouble, the public have no idea how the motor trade works :rolleyes:

First guy offered me £15.5K for MY03 Sti (Non PPP) - Eventually went for £18.5K in September. Don't take the first offer :).