Impreza stolen - South Manchester

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2004, 04:50 AM
NorthDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Impreza stolen - South Manchester

Hi

You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted a warning about someone in Chorlton having their front door bashed in for the Scooby keys.

Same happened to me just before 2am. Four ***** smashed the (heavily secured) front door in and demanded my keys. I was in bed at the time and had been asleep for a couple of hours. I actually had time to get out of bed, set off the house alarm, find the keys and get back in to bed. I didn't fancy meeting them in my boxers. I normally have a baseball bat by the bed, for occasions like this, but I had been decorating and it was in another room. I am really relieved that it wasn't to hand. If I had done something stupid (I'm 6'5 and 19 stone) who knows how messy it might have got. I'm actually pretty chilled now because it all went so smoothly (although my stash is running out so I don't know how long that will last :-)).
The car was recovered about an hour later (by Tracker who were excellent) in a flat car park in Withington. I wish they had torched it, I certainly don't want it back.

Looks like this is the end of the Scooby adventure. I know the crap about 'don't let them get you down' but at the end of the day is it really worth it?

Its been an absolute pleasure to drive, looks like I need to take up base jumping or something to replace the buzz!!

PLEASE BE CAREFULL THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE.

Cheers

Dave
(soon to be ex-My03 owner)

Last edited by NorthDave; 08 September 2004 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08 September 2004, 08:37 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Sh1tter, sorry to hear it mate
Old 08 September 2004, 08:41 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

where in south manchester are you mate??? live there myself...

gav..
Old 08 September 2004, 08:44 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

PLEASE BE CAREFULL THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE.
..but it wont happen to everyone..
Old 08 September 2004, 09:40 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I think the point is, it's more likely to happen if you own a scoob compared to most other cars. That's why insurance isn't cheap on these things. Easy to say 'don't let them get you down' until it happens to you. It's not just the fact that they've taken the car, it's the breaking into your own home (possibly with wife/kids in) and invaded your own private space etc.
Old 08 September 2004, 10:02 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I agree this is getting to be more of a problem in Manchester. I am moving house soon and when I get in my new house its going to have some serious security, dont want scum like that coming into my house.

At the moment we live in quite a rough area and me and my G/F have a plan of action should such an even happen.

I suggest anyone who lives in a target area does the same thing. Even if its you call the BiB and I give them the keys, sort of thing.

My personal plan involves much more blood and human organs being removed by means of 1oz of lead.

They are the scum of the earth and need to be sent to Iraq to re-build the sewers.

Seem to be in a bad mood today, lol, anyway off to anoy the staff
Old 08 September 2004, 03:06 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about your experience dave, as gav says, whereabouts in south mcr, I'm also from there
would hate this to happen to me, and could honestly say would think about leaving scoobydom behind if it did.
Cant imagine myself in anything else though at this point in time, but you never know,
Hope it all gets sorted, and if you decide to keep it, come down and visit the smacs one day
chris.
Old 08 September 2004, 04:51 PM
jonnie c
Scooby Regular

Scooby jacking or thieving is really bad up north isn't it.

There must be a post every week where someones pride and joy has been stolen.
Old 08 September 2004, 05:18 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonnie c
Scooby jacking or thieving is really bad up north isn't it.

There must be a post every week where someones pride and joy has been stolen.
Does anyone know why it's like this?

I never here of this sort of thing happening south of Birmingham. Do criminals down here have a different mindset? Do they not steal fast cars in London because there is too much traffic to joyride in them properly? Or is it that there are a lot more members from up north?

I am thinking of buying a new STI and these reports are worrying.
Old 08 September 2004, 06:01 PM
NorthDave
Scooby Regular

Default Cheers everyone

I am in Chorlton Green. The scum bags appear to have dug a mortice lock out of the door before kicking the yale and dead bolts out. At least I had time to compose myself.

I've been and had a look today at the car in the garage (whilst it waits for forensics). Looks OK but the tyres look particularly 'shouldered', guess they had a bit of fun in it. Although I am up to 25k on the original tyres so I guess they were on borrowed time anyway.

The insurance and dealer seem to think it wont be listed as stolen recovered so there is no hardship. Admiral did say I could get the car checked out by a dealer and they would pay for any repairs needed. I have a £500 excess and would lose 2 years no claims so it doesn't seem worth it.

The quickest way to get rid seems to be trade in but I have no idea what for. The coppers said they are nicking everything at the moment - in their words even TTs are getting nicked. I think he meant considering the space rather than the dubious styling!

Apparently South Manchester has been losing a car a day since the start of August!

Cheers

Dave
Old 08 September 2004, 06:08 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I think "down south" the scum are more interested in your wives range rovers and jeep grand cherokee's

Dave, doesn't matter what you have m8, if some scumbag thinks they can nick it, they'll have a go . You can guarantee that the police know who these people are, its just getting them to stop thats the problem

chris.
Old 08 September 2004, 07:23 PM
bdscooby
Scooby Regular

hi dave,sorry to hear about your car,what really worries me is that i live in chorlton aswell.
I ahd my golf nicked at gunpoint about 10 yrs ago,but i didnt let them have the last laugh,i went and bought an rs turbo,Dave dont let these scum bags get the better of it mate,keep your car you deserve it more than those scum bags would ever deserve anything.
Old 08 September 2004, 07:30 PM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

Yes a lot more cars down south tend to be stolen to order 4x4s a specialty
Old 08 September 2004, 07:33 PM
Rob Walker
Scooby Regular

Nightmare.. I'm in South Manchester too.. I've wanted an Impreza for years.. Now i'm finally in a position to buy one I just can't bring myself to
Old 08 September 2004, 10:02 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

I had a similar experience earlier this year dave and sold my MY03 straight after (fortunately they didnt actually get into the house but tried pretty hard and eventually ran off). I must admit I regret selling the car but in all honesty I cant see myself getting another scooby until I've got a secure garage to keep it away from prying eyes...
Old 08 September 2004, 11:24 PM
buzzuk
Scooby Regular

I think i'm right in saying i may be lucky as i have an my95 import wrx, they must just be targeting newer cars. i live 45 miles from london in reading. I have my clifford set to lock the doors as soon as the engine starts and keep the windows up in rougher areas. Feel for you though m8, in the same postion i'd probably sell up aswell wife/kids to precious to put through that, or risk it happening again.
regards Buzz
Old 08 September 2004, 11:54 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi I'm in Man as well ...but never had no trouble from the yobbos..and am in one of the worse parts of Manchester .......but as long as you have Tracker and blackjack...... let them take the keys, they won't go far !

I had actually bought my P1 from a guy down heathrow area where the same thing happen to him...... he was gutted to sell the car, as he had spent more than 10K on mods .( he lost was my gain ! as I bought it at the r8 time and under market value for a very low mileage P1 ........14K miles )
350bhp without me spending a penny lol
just enjoy it ...and not worry about it ......
ps what will be WILL BE
Old 09 September 2004, 09:48 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Yeah I had similar experiance. Lived in Cheetham Hill for years, always with desirable car and never once had a problem.

Now in Rusholme, touch wood no problems so far, but we move back to the hill soon for a short period till my new house is ready. onder2:
Old 09 September 2004, 01:00 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

I am not being funny and it is truly horrible that these scum steal your car but impreza's are not that high up the list of nicked cars these days.
Look at the dti /insurance stats. Impreza's thefts have dropped in last 5 years as most people have cat 1 alarms on them.
There are areas which seem to suffer more than others from time to time as a gang moves in nottingham comes to mind and manchester.
The most thieved cars are 4x4's. then audi's bmws etc.
so be careful out their , fit a good cat 1 alarm, garage it if you can, fit a tracker,check your rear view mirror to ensure you are not followed home,but don't get paranoid.In the end its only a lump of metal and your health is far more important. If it worries you get rid of it.
If it doesn't get the car out and enjoy it i know i do!!
Old 09 September 2004, 01:22 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I don't fully understand them either, Impreza's aren't expensive cars, if you are going to risk quite a bit (jail, possibly being killed/seriously injured) to break into someones house for keys you may as well do it for a Porsche or Ferrari.
Old 09 September 2004, 01:41 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Maybe because theyve been broken into so many times, most scum know how to get into them!

Such a shame really, why they cant just go and get a life/job"
Old 09 September 2004, 01:43 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

My car's blocked in every night by my dad's hybrid vehicle. I'd like to think that this stops any attempts to break in to steal simply for the fact it'd be too much hastle.
Old 09 September 2004, 03:43 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

The are stolen often because they can be used in crime - hard for the BiB to keep up, and once they are done they can often sell a lot of the parts on.
Old 09 September 2004, 09:23 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I don't fully understand them either, Impreza's aren't expensive cars, if you are going to risk quite a bit (jail, possibly being killed/seriously injured) to break into someones house for keys you may as well do it for a Porsche or Ferrari.
But most cheesewipes that nick em would not be able to get rid of Porches or Ferraris because less of a market for the bits and pieces off them.Many ******* these days more than eager to buy cheap nicked Scoobie bits because they are now readily affordable for their own cars to inherit.
Old 09 September 2004, 09:27 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

19 stone you should have kicked the poo out of them then dragged them upstairs apparently defending yourself and your family downstairs is GBH doing it upstairs is okay!!! Madness!!! I'm sorry about your sad state of affairs.