Sponsored by:

need help in germany

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2004, 06:09 PM
thor1077
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help in germany

I just moved to germany two months ago and now I need some help.. I have some mods. on my 04 WRX for example: TXS UTEC Computer, IHI VF30 Turbocharger, TXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust, TXS Catless Uppipe, Larger 520cc Fuel Injectors, Larger 255 ltr Fuel Pump.. now my problem is TÜV the governing body for the roadway over here.. (subaru's are not very popular over here).. I need a place that will help with changes that I need to make to the car when it gets here in a week.. please let me know..
Old 07 September 2004, 06:52 PM
The Mini Daddy
Scooby Regular

Smile hmmmm

what is it your having to do pal????????
maybe mini daddy can help.........
Old 08 September 2004, 05:09 PM
thor1077
Scooby Newbie

to tell u the truth I dont know needs to be done.. see all the work was done by my father.. and he told me that the mods we put on the car would not pass TÜV here is germany.. he told me the only thing he could do is return the car to stock.. (NOWAY!!!!!) see he has been if florida for 24 years so he doesnt know what to do either.. I need a shop that I can trust to do the work on my baby.. thanks for any help u throw my way..
Old 08 September 2004, 05:12 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

must be a dealer who can advise you out there or a TUV station who can tell you how much changing needs to be done
Old 08 September 2004, 05:17 PM
thor1077
Scooby Newbie

I need someone I can trust!! I have got over 10000 invested in that car I dont want some jackass ripping the stuff out so he can make a quick buck or euro... whatever..
Old 09 September 2004, 06:47 AM
loscooby
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Where abouts in Germany are you?

I am in the Munich-area and there are not too many good shops, I have a Subaru STi myself that is a bit tuned(custom Ecutek, turbo back exhaust).
I have had this done by one guy that knows his subarus...

About Tüv, basically everything you put on your car has to be TÜV-approved.
If not, your insurance will not be valid eventhough you actually pass the emissions test. It you have an aftermarket exhaust you need to put the car through a series of tests that costs loads of money. The only good thing is if somebody has done this once anybody can benefit from the same setup.

The good news is if you go to the right tuner there are tuning-insurances that lets you insure the engine-internals, gearbox and turbo etc.
This insurance only covers damage due to your tuning, not if you total the car or something.

pm me if you want any advice !

/L-O
Old 09 September 2004, 09:39 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

The German TÜV are thick in the ways of the Scooby! They are sticklers for numbers and methods of identification, which most aftermarket parts do not have.

saying that a lot of genuine subaru parts do not have nubers or ID marks on them.

however if your car is UK/EU spec and you have the E13 stamp on the mods that can be seen they will be forced to give your car a Vollgutachten and approve the car as seen, provided the emision are correct and the noise is within limits and the headlights point the right way they can not not approve the car. what they will do is list every part on your Fahrzeugschein which is the paper work you nee to carry round with you for the police and future TÜV inspections.

It is a ******* but it is possible with a car imported from another EU country. Show them a valid MOT certificate to say the car is approved in the UK.

Re-Bitten Hero had his PPPd MY00 approved with minmal of fuss and you cn not get the PPP over here.

Where are you based anyway?
Old 09 September 2004, 09:49 AM
Re-Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Sorry to put a downer on it, but basically good luck! They haven't got a clue about Scoobies over here. They even tried to destroy mine by testing it on a 2wd brake test machine .

On the other hand if you can find a very tame Subaru dealer with friends in the TÜV then maybe you can get away with it... Whereabouts in Sausageland are you? I know a friendly one in the far SW .

Cheers
Richard
Old 09 September 2004, 12:32 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Thor, you anything to do with the forces or living on the German 'net'? If you're in the forces, you don't have to TUV your car
Old 09 September 2004, 06:16 PM
thor1077
Scooby Newbie

what do u mean net?? and I have been here for 2 months now.. and I live in Mönchenglachbach..
Old 09 September 2004, 10:24 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Thor... where are you/your car from.

If your from an EU country and maintain an address (e.g. your parents) in your original country, then you don't need to re-register and go through all the TUV crap. You just need to make sure your insurance company covers you for unrestricted european travel.

If your from the UK, theres not many insurance companies that will cover you and it will cost much more than the normal UK price, but its usually not much more than normal German cover! If your UK forces, then Taff107 can point you in the right direction!