Hit again whilst parked!

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2004, 03:23 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit again whilst parked!

I guess that is London for you.
During the last two months I have witnessed a a great big Land Rover/Jeep thing bash the front of the car and drive off. The very next day I find another another jeep with bull bars parked really close to the back of my car, I looked at my rear bumper... a dent and paint chip at bull bar level.
And just today I walk outside to find a new dent.
This one is across the bonnet and looks like a jeep/range rover reversed into the car with their spare tyre protruding at the back. I can only assume that is what happened, but it does look identical to the dent my friend got on his S2000 when the same ting happened (Jeep driver could not see him at all as the car is so low and the hood was down ).

Is it down to visability? It sometimes seems some drivers don't care when they drive these invincible tanks.

Rant over!
Old 07 September 2004, 03:54 PM
New_scooby_04

Possibly, but more likely cause they're selfish t*ats that can't be arsed to exercise due care when parking. If you can't park one of these things properly, you shouldn't be driving it!
Old 07 September 2004, 04:41 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by mplaczek
I guess that is London for you.
During the last two months I have witnessed a a great big Land Rover/Jeep thing bash the front of the car and drive off. The very next day I find another another jeep with bull bars parked really close to the back of my car, I looked at my rear bumper... a dent and paint chip at bull bar level.
And just today I walk outside to find a new dent.
This one is across the bonnet and looks like a jeep/range rover reversed into the car with their spare tyre protruding at the back. I can only assume that is what happened, but it does look identical to the dent my friend got on his S2000 when the same ting happened (Jeep driver could not see him at all as the car is so low and the hood was down ).

Is it down to visability? It sometimes seems some drivers don't care when they drive these invincible tanks.

Rant over!
you call that a rant??!! - I would be furious if I had witnessed such selfish mindless stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07 September 2004, 05:38 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That makes me so angry! Plain lack of respect for other peoples property!

Part of my job involves driving all over London visiting sites for mobile cranes and the places I have left the company car (VW Golf), I am surprised it is still in one piece, and yet so far after 36000 miles in about 16 months, it doesn't have a single door-ding or scratch caused by other inconsiderate people......leads me to think that sometimes it might be down to the cars we drive and whether people get a bit green-eyed and do it deliberately sometimes.....Scoobs seem to be door-ding magents!
Old 07 September 2004, 05:49 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I have never had so many door dints in my life since i got this Scoob.
I really believe they are jealous w4nkers who do it on purpose.
I can park mine miles away in one end of a carpark, and still get a dint in my door.
It is jealousy pure and simple.
Old 09 September 2004, 09:58 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Now that you mention it, out of all the cars I have owned I have never had the problem I have had with this one. Perhaps you are right with the jealous thing. It never even occured to me that people would be so selfish and evil

The only other time it has happened to me was two days before I part exchanged my last car and someone reversed into me breaking my licence plate and cracking my bumper. Luckily someone saw and popped a note under my windshield saying they would be a witness giving full details of the driver and car There are a few good people out there still!
Old 09 September 2004, 11:21 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I think they'd care at forking out for 4 new tyres at well over £100 a corner and the inconvienience

Tit for tat I say!

With a kind note saying words like "if you took more respect of other people's property (cars) and didn't bash them whilst parking, then you wouldn't be in this situation....have a nice day "
Old 10 September 2004, 02:49 AM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

Well after having the P1 resprayed, some old geezer in a Corolla - swung his door open - hit the front wing and made an apologetic face.

I got out, went to the side of his car, kicked his front wing in, i smiled walked back to my car and drove off.

Now i see him he parks 10 yards away.
Old 10 September 2004, 01:17 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Nice one, your far too easy going
Old 10 September 2004, 03:29 PM
slimtim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sosobad.com
Well after having the P1 resprayed, some old geezer in a Corolla - swung his door open - hit the front wing and made an apologetic face.

I got out, went to the side of his car, kicked his front wing in, i smiled walked back to my car and drove off.

Now i see him he parks 10 yards away.
nice one although you sound like a **** to me.

shame he didnt get you done for criminal damage.

Last edited by slimtim; 10 September 2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10 September 2004, 04:33 PM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

LOL ya git! im not a **** i just dont think an apologetic face makes up for the damage. People are just ignorant to others property
Old 10 September 2004, 05:16 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good for you sosobad,

I wish I had the ***** to do that
Old 10 September 2004, 06:39 PM
Wilster
Scooby Regular

I can assure you its a Birmingham thing aswell. Just had to have a new skin on one of my doors 'cos of all the dinks (plus one big one) 500 notes, cheers!

It happens so much with Imprezas not just 'cos of the jealousy thing, but because of the thickness of the go-faster metal and lack of a rubber rand. Another method of getting rid of yer dinks is just don't get into the habit of looking for them every time you pass your beloved car.