Sponsored by:

Offical Subaru Child Seat MY99

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 01:40 AM
pgudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offical Subaru Child Seat MY99

Does anyone know if the offical Child Seat on the subaru site will fit in a MY99.

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/su...5?Opendocument

I have emailed Subaru but no reply yet, there customer service obviously aint as fast as their cars

Also whilst on the subject, are these seats ok? I read on the board that its best to look for well padded so your little en doesn't get thrown about. I'm not talking about thrashing a scooby with a baby in back, just general driving and overtaking.

We've just bought a new seat fomr Mama & Papas, about £135. Its very nice and has the tilt feature on it, but I would like the Subaru one if it meats the best standards. Does anyone know if this seat has been reviewed anywhere?

Thanks for your time

paul
Old 03 September 2004, 02:02 AM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

This seat is an isofix seat (isofix is basicaly 2 bars laid into the base of the seat, isofix seats are designed to lock to these bars) isofix was only fitted to subaru imprezas from 02 onwards. It will fit in the more conventional manner simlar to your mamas and papas seat but theres not much point in getting it unless you are seriously planning on changing your car within 4 years. If your still iterested this seat is acctually made by britax and anymore info you want can be found by searching the Britax Duo Isofix plus.

Oh and if a seat has isofix in its name or is branded as such it will have had to be crash tested in any car it is recomended for. The Britax website contains a list of all cars isofix is fitted to.

God im boring!
Old 03 September 2004, 11:22 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brother_Will
This seat is an isofix seat (isofix is basicaly 2 bars laid into the base of the seat, isofix seats are designed to lock to these bars) isofix was only fitted to subaru imprezas from 02 onwards. It will fit in the more conventional manner simlar to your mamas and papas seat but theres not much point in getting it unless you are seriously planning on changing your car within 4 years. If your still iterested this seat is acctually made by britax and anymore info you want can be found by searching the Britax Duo Isofix plus.

Oh and if a seat has isofix in its name or is branded as such it will have had to be crash tested in any car it is recomended for. The Britax website contains a list of all cars isofix is fitted to.

God im boring!
So am I! Agree with all that is said. Interestingly, manaufacturers' branded Duo seats are often cheaper than the Britax own brand one. (exciting eh!).

Seriously though, for anyone with a Subaru with ISOFIX points, buy one of these for your 1-4 year old. The fit compared with a standard seatbelt fit is much much better.
Old 05 September 2004, 12:12 AM
pgudge
Scooby Regular

When talking about your little en, nothing sounds boring Good info Brother_Will, Thanks you.

I contacted Subaru, still no reply. Although I found another company selling pretty much the same range as on the subaru site, although a HELL of a lot cheap.

I emailed them, they rang me up the next day!! They said they'd phoned Subaru for me and was informed that the ISOFIX on that seat is obviously not compatable with my MY99, and that they do not make the seats for these cars anymore. So what they are saying is they dont think anyone will be buying a 5 year old car from them with a baby.

He then said Subaru suggested I go to Halfords and get a seat from there.
Is that a bit crap from Subaru or the norm?
Old 05 September 2004, 12:34 AM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

Dont know we are fully trained fitters (Britax and Graco), so perhaps Subaru are doing the right thing.

Will, Touring Dept Head, Halfords Peterborough.

Oh and for a MY99 I would recomend the Britax renaissance or maxi cosi priori xp both of these are good seats with excelent tensioning systems.

Last edited by Brother_Will; 05 September 2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05 September 2004, 09:15 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Go for the Britax. I thought that ISOFIX was only available from the new shape (BugEye onwards).........

Dan (MY99 with no ISOFIX)
Old 05 September 2004, 09:59 AM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Brother Will

On this subject, my 11 month old is about to outgrow his rear facing seat (Maxi Cosi) and I was looking at the Maxi Cosi Priory XP. However this is only a group 1 (1-4 yrs) seat though. We wanted to get a group 1+2 so that it would do through to 6yrs.

Any suggestions ?
Old 05 September 2004, 10:20 AM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

Dont bother with a group 1-2 they dont recline and the fitting to cars with them is a lot looser. Get a group 1 when he outgrows it he will onto group 2 which are little more than a booster seat with a back so they arent expensive at all £30 upwards.

Oh and we have a Promo change on the 13th and i think the britax seat offer is coming off and changing to the maxi cosi/graco offer. Im not sure about this but i will keep you apraised.