Sponsored by:

Can you find Y926BBC

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 03:18 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can you find Y926BBC

£50 for the keen eyed Scoobynetter who locates the whereabouts of this car!!! Stolen from Scooby dealership forecourt in Leicester at the beginning of April 2004.

It is (or was) a Silver MY01 with Morettes, PPP and lowered suspension sitting on Silver 2 piece Split Rim Scooby five spokes (pretty bloody rare!). Body kit all colour coded.

If you recognise such a car, please email me.

I can supply the VIN for further identification if required.

Regards,
Mak.
Old 31 August 2004, 04:08 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Add it to http://www.twoc.co.uk

Old 31 August 2004, 07:06 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was it stolen with alarm fob/ keys?
Old 03 September 2004, 08:30 AM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Default Never trust a dealer!!!

Originally Posted by robby
was it stolen with alarm fob/ keys?
Yes.... and here's why....

Whilst Im sure this is not true for all dealers, the blame for this car being stolen lies at the feet of this dealer who:

1) Did not notice strangers entering their premises, locating the key cupboard and stealing two sets of keys.
2) On finding keys missing, took no action to properly protect the vehicles whose keys were missing.
3) On discovering that two vehicles had been taken, denied blame and refused to claim on their insurance to replace the cars concerned.
4) Finally, to rub salt in an already open wound, the garage owner adopts the attitude that the theft has nothing to do with them and is a matter for the police to deal with.

Scooby drivers beware - the Subaru dealer concerned was (I had thought) a great dealer - but when it comes down to money and responsability, this one proved to be the scum of the earth!

Want to know which dealer? Email me... nothing I have posted here is untrue so I am happy to dish the dirt on this arrogant tosser.
Old 03 September 2004, 09:36 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Holy Cow Makalu, I'm sure your insurers will be interested in pursuing theirs. Car willl be long gone now me thinks, probably abroad.

PS - how's the mole
Old 03 September 2004, 10:14 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Think everyone on this board has a pretty good idea which dealer it is.
Old 03 September 2004, 10:20 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going off thread a bit -

How has your insurer dealt with this situation? Who's insurance does it get claimed through.
I've always been concerned about this scenario when I leave my car for servicing.

Nick
Old 03 September 2004, 01:29 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

IANAL but

The dealer has failed to disclose to his insurer something that might materially affect his premium (having 2 cars stolen from his premises.) If you can find out who his insurer is then you should be able to make life uncomfortable for the dealer. No insurance = no business.
Old 06 September 2004, 05:40 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Default Them there Moles....

Originally Posted by MattW
Holy Cow Makalu, I'm sure your insurers will be interested in pursuing theirs. Car willl be long gone now me thinks, probably abroad.

PS - how's the mole
Mole(s) still in residence.....
Not sure how many - suspect more than one. They disappeared for a few months (away on Holiday I suspect) but have returned with a vengeance.

Following the last couple of attempts to remove them, decided this time to take a little more time in profiling their daily activities so I can understand their daily routines and motivations etc...

Come to the conclusion that the b4st4rds must go down the gym in the morning (hard work digging), lunch down the pub (downing several pints of Theakstons is my guess) then sleep all afternoon and before going out on the raz after waking up again around 11pm.

I swear they are organising a Mole 'Croooze' in my garden - moles with neons - now that would be a sight!

Mak.

Oh.... the Scoob - sorry got carried away again.... well, 'that' dealer in Leicester who shrugged off responsability continue to do same. Its a very long story when you take into account the finance company and the insurance companies positions too... but to cut a long story short, 'that' dealer has got off scot free and I managed to get someone else to cough up for my loss (after finding the best damn lawyer on this kind os case in the country....£400 and hour for crissake!!!). Still want to find the scum who took it though. It was a very well 'organised' crime though - just shows that no one can be too carefull when it comes to protecting their pride and joy. Me? I just drive around in an H6 Legacy looking all boring now... ;o(

L8R!