Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else pre-ordered a MY05?

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 11:42 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Anyone else pre-ordered a MY05?

Chaps

Just paid my deposit for a MY05 WRX SL wagon and the salsemen told me that his latest information was that they would be delivered in October. I have gone for WR Blue, so fairly popular colour, but he did say a few other colours are changin slightly?

Interestingly, as long as prices stay the same, got an excellent deal. Local dealer said £750 off was the best price. I managed to save £1,745 on a UK car through another dealer. Can advise name if anyone wants it - and they deliver as part of the deal with the car on a transporter to your door!

Anyhow, anyone else ordered one? If so, let me know as it would be good to pool resources and keep people informed when they see one, what they hear, when they arrive etc?

Cheers
Andy
Old 06 August 2004, 11:49 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,
This might be a bit cheaky, but any chance you could either mail me at impreza_dood@yahoo.co.uk with details, ot a private messgae would suffice, i'm toying with ideas at present.

Cheers.

Ron.
Old 06 August 2004, 11:50 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Ron, get an import!

MB
Old 06 August 2004, 12:45 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Default Is it ....

Is it Drive the Deal you are buying from?
Old 06 August 2004, 03:03 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Dan4 - nope. They were cheap but I got cheaper...
Old 06 August 2004, 06:00 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Try Loydstsb car select, just paid £17405 for a new uk WRX
Old 06 August 2004, 09:08 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Chaps

Just paid my deposit for a MY05 WRX SL wagon and the salsemen told me that his latest information was that they would be delivered in October. I have gone for WR Blue, so fairly popular colour, but he did say a few other colours are changin slightly?

Interestingly, as long as prices stay the same, got an excellent deal. Local dealer said £750 off was the best price. I managed to save £1,745 on a UK car through another dealer. Can advise name if anyone wants it - and they deliver as part of the deal with the car on a transporter to your door!

Anyhow, anyone else ordered one? If so, let me know as it would be good to pool resources and keep people informed when they see one, what they hear, when they arrive etc?

Cheers
Andy
October would be early. Sure he does'nt mean Dec/Jan?
Old 08 August 2004, 01:12 PM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Chaps

Cheers
Andy

Would you mind sending me the name scoobystuff@btopenworld.com My brother has just put a deposit down on a 04 WRX for 1st Sep, didn't realise the 05 was out that soon!
Old 08 August 2004, 08:50 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mat Mc
Would you mind sending me the name scoobystuff@btopenworld.com My brother has just put a deposit down on a 04 WRX for 1st Sep, didn't realise the 05 was out that soon!
Has anyone confirmed the dates for the 05MY yet?
Old 09 August 2004, 08:16 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AR
October would be early. Sure he does'nt mean Dec/Jan?
AR

I was told by the dealer that October is the most likely time for the imports. I would agree with this (famous last words) for two reasons:

1 - MY05 spec is out in both the US and Australia (at least has been seen in Australia) so it's certainly out and about there

2 - This is why the 3 years free servicing deal expires at the end of September to help the dealers clear their old stock.

Ultimately, who knows...

Andy
Old 09 August 2004, 03:08 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

AR

I was told by the dealer that October is the most likely time for the imports. I would agree with this (famous last words) for two reasons:

1 - MY05 spec is out in both the US and Australia (at least has been seen in Australia) so it's certainly out and about there

2 - This is why the 3 years free servicing deal expires at the end of September to help the dealers clear their old stock.

Ultimately, who knows...

Andy
Andy

Best of luck. I hope that things are quicker this year. I bought a WRX SL wagon last November, it look two months to come, was 'just off the boat' but was still an 03 car. I was told that I could have an 04 if I waited until Jan.

I hope you like the SL. I do - mine's got PPP, 18" Prodrive wheels and the Prodrive springs.
Old 10 August 2004, 12:20 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AR
Andy

Best of luck. I hope that things are quicker this year. I bought a WRX SL wagon last November, it look two months to come, was 'just off the boat' but was still an 03 car. I was told that I could have an 04 if I waited until Jan.

I hope you like the SL. I do - mine's got PPP, 18" Prodrive wheels and the Prodrive springs.
Cheers AR

Have no idea how long it will really take but have another car in the meantime so not that concerned. The dealer said he has been 'unofficially' advised it will be October (as IM are not officially recognising the MY05, although they are more than happy to take deposits on one). Also intend to get PPP as soon as car is 1,000 miles and over, but again, it's all a waiting game. We'll have to see...

Andy
Old 10 August 2004, 12:32 PM
Black Wagon
Scooby Newbie

I have had a WRX SL Wagon on order since June!! and have just been told to expect it in the first 2 weeks of September. I have also been assured it will be the updated model. I hope this is true as I am itching to get my hands on it.

Mike.
Old 10 August 2004, 12:47 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black Wagon
I have had a WRX SL Wagon on order since June!! and have just been told to expect it in the first 2 weeks of September. I have also been assured it will be the updated model. I hope this is true as I am itching to get my hands on it.

Mike.
Hi Mike

Will be interesting. Can you let me know when you receive it and if it is (pretty obvious given the interior will be pretty different in the centre dash panel) - it then gives me an idea of when these cars will be arriving on our shores and actually be for sale... what colour?

I have ordered WR Blue, partially because I like it and partially because as there will be very limited pre-orders coming through, the most popular colours and specs will be sent at first to get them to sell, so I have more chance of getting what I want sooner...

Did they also confirm a price for you?
Andy
Old 10 August 2004, 01:17 PM
Black Wagon
Scooby Newbie

Hi Andy

I have ordered black mica to hopefully stay in the background and not get any more of those points!!! and was quoted £21245 OTR (if I remember correctly, but I remember getting £750 discount). I signed up and paid the deposit.

Mike.
Old 10 August 2004, 02:54 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black Wagon
Hi Andy

I have ordered black mica to hopefully stay in the background and not get any more of those points!!! and was quoted £21245 OTR (if I remember correctly, but I remember getting £750 discount). I signed up and paid the deposit.

Mike.
Mine's black for the same reason - the lines are lost and the scoop not too noticeable!