Stupid women!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 08:29 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stupid women!!

Hi all

My Dad took my Mum out for a meal today, to his horror some stupid girl ,about 17 years old,has wrecked his rear bumper on his leggy by running into it. Shes cracked the bumper on the corner and scratched most of the paintwork off the corner, she came in the car park like an idiot and turned straight into it, she was going in the tan place next door,typical.

My Dad went out to her after my Mum seen what happened , she was on her mobile to her dad, crying, so she handed the phone over to my Dad. He discussed the bump with him and he's been round tonight,to have a look at the damage,suggesting my dad don't use a Subaru dealer because this guy is going to pay up out of his own pocket, not claim off his WIFES insurance,whys the daughter driving the car then?My Dad's got the car booked in tomorrow at Beechdale ,Derby, for an estimate, it is NOT being repaired anywhere else.

The amusing thing about this is that the girl in question says is not her fault, how do you work that one out then when your car is parked and stationary?
Old 07 June 2004, 08:40 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Get out the flame suit
Old 07 June 2004, 08:43 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Might have been better if you had used singular [woman] instead of plural [women] in your thread title. TBH can't see what you are getting so irate/upset about it. The damage is going to be paid for and more than likely the daughter is a named driver on her mother's insurance.
Old 07 June 2004, 08:43 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigRed
...suggesting my dad don't use a Subaru dealer because this guy is going to pay up out of his own pocket, not claim off his WIFES insurance,whys the daughter driving the car then?
Presumably an additional driver on the wife's policy. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to work that one out.
Old 07 June 2004, 08:55 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Yeh but she does not know who the insurer is nor does her Dad, don't you think this wiffs a little?

Sorry about the Women/Woman thing, was at download festival all weekend still brain dead.
Old 07 June 2004, 08:57 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigRed
Yeh but she does not know who the insurer is nor does her Dad, don't you think this wiffs a little?
You never mentioned that before though.
Old 07 June 2004, 09:00 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

As I said before mate, still brain dead after weekend!!
Old 07 June 2004, 09:04 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

was download good i missed it this year what were metalica like without larrs ??

Tal
Old 07 June 2004, 09:13 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Metallica was good without Larrs, the replacement drummers where good but non replaced Larrs. They did a very short set though, no One or King Nothing that was a little dissapointing, it was my first time seeing them live, so this added to the dissapointment.
Old 08 June 2004, 12:12 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Lucky you saw it.

They will presumably have a big excess for the young additional driver. The mother stands to lose her no-claims bonus. If an accident is reported could the daughter have to re-take her test, or is that just for points?

Your Dad holds all the cards and should hold out for a top notch repair. Cash up front is preferable because often people are all in agreement until the bill arrives and then refuse to pay, leaving you in an awkward situation with your insurers.

Good luck.
Old 08 June 2004, 12:26 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I wouldn't complain about not going through the insurers if you have his adddress, phone number and car details. Bear in mind she may not be insured at all. Which will leave you with nothing, until you take them to court etc.

When my runabout got written off by a heavy rear ender - I took the cash, because I was seriously concerned that the person who hit me wasn't insured and it would just cause more grief (made a slight profit too )

It can be less hassle, and by going to a repairer on your own accord...YOUR the customer...not the insurer = better job that isn't rushed.

Although I'd question using a main dealer to do the bodywork - do they ACTUALLY do the body repairs??? Doubtful, they may take your car to the nearest body repairers. I'd prefer to take it to the repairers that will actually carry out the repair work - cut out the middle man.
Old 09 June 2004, 07:24 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

My Dads car is now being fixed as an insurance job, her mum stands to lose out on a 60% NCD she has built up. The repair is going to cost just short of £1000 , the bumper has been put out of alignment with the cars body, so the mounting bracket is also damaged.So new bumper/ bracket/spray job. The repair is going to be done at Beechdale ,they use another bodyshop that is recommended by Saab & Subaru. He was offered another repair job,at Beechdale which involved just respraying/re-alingment, that cost only £300 ,but seeing as they are claiming on the insurance he's going for the proper job.

Seems like this little bump has come as a bit of a shock to those involved, we think that they thought it would cost £50 - £100 , thats why they said they would pay for it out there own pockets
Old 09 June 2004, 11:12 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

not being funny but it is quite a well known fact that women have ALOT more of these types of accidents, but when men crash....THEY CRASH!!!
Old 10 June 2004, 09:08 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wez_sti
not being funny but it is quite a well known fact that women have ALOT more of these types of accidents, but when men crash....THEY CRASH!!!
agreed
Old 10 June 2004, 12:36 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

Was she fit?
Old 10 June 2004, 12:40 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LC Geezer
Was she fit?
there is always one

Not all women are bad drivers! contrary to popular belief ...
Old 10 June 2004, 05:40 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
agreed

you a DJ mate? with the 1210 and all that...?