Sponsored by:

MY04 creaking rear window ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2004, 09:15 AM
Powerkiter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY04 creaking rear window ?

I have had my MY04 WRX for two weeks now and have only covered about 300 miles. However, I have noticed that when I drive over an uneven road surface, which appears to affect one side of the car only, I get small creaking noise from the rear window. It appears that the slight twisting of the chassis is making the rear window creak. I think this is where the noise is coming from anyway. You can't actually hear it when driving with the radio on and sat in the front.

The car is due to go in for a service at a 1000 miles, when I eventually do that many miles. I will obviously get the garage to look at the problem then.

I am just interested if anybody else has had this problem and was it the rear window. Please tell me that they resolved the problem !!!
Old 04 June 2004, 09:28 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Everything creaks on my 03STI....

But it has done 20k now.... and it's not German..

My Old Sport used to have an irritating "plastic" friction sound in the back... but I never got it sorted.. just turn the music up..

Old 04 June 2004, 11:49 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

I have an 03 WRX and the front drivers window does exactly the same. I think it is the glass on rubber seal. I find it fixes itself if you wind the window down a bit and then wind it back up again.

It only happens AFTER you have opened the relevant door so if you haven't opened the door after the fix as above it should remain sorted.

Incidentally, on my MY98 classic the whole blinkin' car rattled and squeaked and the WRX is virtually silent - except for the decat exhaust !
Old 04 June 2004, 12:02 PM
BAH
Scooby Regular

Think yourself lucky you havent got a knock coming from your rear suspension...., now that does get on your nerves.....

Id be happy with the creaking window.
Old 04 June 2004, 12:26 PM
STILee
Scooby Regular

Same problem as you PowerKiter with an 04 STi but I think it may be the ariel connections behind the panel to the side of the rear screen on the nearside it's driving me nuts so this weekend I'll probably have a look to see...
Old 04 June 2004, 03:48 PM
Powerkiter
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments. I will see if the garage can resolve it but I am not holding out much hope.

It was actually my Dad that noticed it when he was sat in the back. His comments went along the lines of 'should have bought a Mini Copper S like mine and you would not have any creaking problems'. I responded with 'at least my car is quicker'. That shut him up !!
Old 04 June 2004, 03:52 PM
STIdreamer
Scooby Regular

I had the same on MY53 STi, went away in its own time I ssume once the glass had bedded in with the rubber. Might be worth cleaning the rubber?
Old 04 June 2004, 04:06 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

My whole car (MY03) creaks on bad surfaces, however on good surfaces it is silent.

Mmmm - I blame the car and the roads.

In saying that, I don't hear the creaks when my passengers are screaming for their life!!!
Old 04 June 2004, 04:37 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Same problem on MY03 STI although my dealer says it's not there so I must be imagining it - what a tosser!!!!

tiggers.
Old 04 June 2004, 07:55 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

I too picked up a 04 WRX around 1 month ago.... I cant say i have witnessed the creak and i do use a lot of bumps!..... but i can comment on something else. The car seems to whistle (not the turbo) when going around 60?? slightly annoying....

Hope it gets resolved...