Sponsored by:

Cloned

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2004, 08:38 AM
scoobywrc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloned

Special investigations unit from Norwood nick knocked on my door yesterday wanting to check my car out (my 03 sti ppp)as they had found one with the same plate & the first 7 chassis numbers correct (the rest they had guessed) up West Midlands, only brought it about 3 months ago but turns out mine is ok.I did check the vin number and window etchings all married up & also had a hpi check done so was fairly confident all was going to be allright but was still praying while the checks were being carried out,at least now i know for sure my car is legit.
Old 27 May 2004, 08:54 AM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Glad everything's OK (with yours at least).

A mate had a similar thing when he imported a car, the chassis number was already in use in the UK, so the police confiscated his car while they checked. His was OK, someone had misread the numbers (mistook a 1 for a 7 or something) when they registered the other one, and that turned out to be OK aswell!!!!

'tis unlikely the other Scoob is OK though if it has the same number plate.

Steve
Old 27 May 2004, 08:59 AM
scoobywrc
Scooby Regular

They did say the other scoob was the dodgy one but of course there can be more than one.
Old 27 May 2004, 06:03 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

<Highlander> There can be only one <Highlander>

Steve
Old 27 May 2004, 06:20 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The government estimate that there are about 130,000 cloned vehicles on the UKs roads. This explains why it is not uncommon for people to get speeding tickets from, say, Inverness, while they were getting married in Bristol.

While you would think that in such a situation the charges would be dropped very quickly the camera partnerships normally fight it all the way, meaning you have to appear in court in Inverness along with those providing an alibi etc.

Yet another success for the scamera partnerships in their persecution of the law abiding motorist. Make sure you mention this to any local politicians you might bump into in the next while, along with the cost of fuel. 24 million voters are also drivers.