Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I know it was my fault but!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2004, 12:38 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know it was my fault but!!!!!!

Called into work on Bank holiday. Fault in Swansea, took the Scoob, saw all the cameras and observed the limits.
Trying to get back after sitting around for hours far a BT fault
Got the letter today snapped at 97 between Cardiff and bridge. 20 years with nothing on the license. So guys what is the outcome likely to be.
Cheers
Old 13 May 2004, 12:40 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

I dont think you'll get 20 years m8 that seems a bit harsh

Old 13 May 2004, 12:43 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

I got done for 98 after having a fully clean license since time began.....and I got called to court to recieve 5 points and £400 fine

so not too bad.
Old 13 May 2004, 01:25 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Red face

if it goes to court - get a lawyer!

i got done on the M25 doing 106mph but the police officer's report suggested i was racing!

i was in court on monday and my brief got me 6 points and a hefty fine, which for me is a major result! (my solicitor had suggested i may have been looking at a 6 month ban at one point!)

PM me if you want further details.
Old 13 May 2004, 01:33 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

shouldn't be too bad if not over 100mph.

got done on A5 70 limit for averaging 86 and topped at 98. went to court as the police didn't want to give me a 3 point on the spot.

On court day, went alone and got asked if I have a lawyer, said no and magically one was appointed.

Got 3 points and 60 fine + cost 35. That's 2 years ago so not sure what it's like now.

Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect but do grovel like you're never going to speed again. I never went above 90 since.
Old 13 May 2004, 04:09 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Default Thanks for info

I really hope it doesnt go to court. Thanks for all info and will bear it in mind. I have only myself to blame and I rarely go over 85-90 most times.
Cheers
Old 13 May 2004, 04:29 PM
crusher
Scooby Regular

I was coming back towards Cardiff on Bank hol monday and there was a camera van parked up alongside one of the bridges at Magor...If you were heading towards the bridge you would never see it unless you were to look in your mirror after passing under the bridge. Seeing it caused the guy in front of me to brake dangerously....as you saw it on my side of the motorway as you crowned a hill...Looks like he was looking at your side of the road... I've been watching the post since the bank hol incase it had caught me in it's sights...these cars are like magnets to speed cops...

My brother recons that Magor is a hot spot on the M4,used to be patrol cars lying in wait...now the camera van...he says he always slows down at Magor...Looks like he has a point!
Good luck with the fine...
Old 13 May 2004, 04:29 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

If they have not given you an on the spot fine / points, then you will have to go to court. You can plead guilty by post, but then if the sentence is harsh, tough!
Go to court and have your say. Dress nicely etc, it's a day out after all
Old 13 May 2004, 04:48 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Incorrect, Its only after you have received the “were you the driver form”, signed it and sent it back that you get to find out the action they intend to take.
I got 3 points and £60 for 68 in a 50 a couple of weeks ago.
Because I wasn’t sure of the speed at the time I consulted various web sites and formulated a list of questions to ask and documentation to demand should the matter go to court. I will see if I can find it again.
General rule of thumb is ask for everything, and they need to provide it if using it as evidence on the date of your court appearance.
Old 13 May 2004, 05:28 PM
WR-MIKE
Scooby Regular

Get legal advise before doing anything, (this includes filling out the form and returning it) I would recomend Mike Lodge from Bimson Lodge solicitors in Manchester. A nice bloke who knows his legal onions in motoring matters.
p.s. not affiliated to him or his company in any way just a very satisfied customer.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:10 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

TMo, your right, I was pulled by cops and not flashed, hence they were pretty sure who the driver was.