New member! + Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2004, 02:42 AM
Bigwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New member! + Need advice!

Hello all, just signed up..

Been reading these boards for a few years now, but untill now have been silent..

I'm coming over from the dark side, sold my 350bhp evo 6 last year, and have been riunning around in a Focus rs for a little bit. I miss my 4 wheel drive!!!

Need some adivice on options for a potential scooby buy. I have lets say 18.5k to spend, (maybe more, but lets stick to that for now)..

What, model would YOU purchase for that amount, what could i purchase for that amount and where from.. (lichfeilds, etc)

Now lets umph it up a bit....

Ive been looking at a few sti8's around the 20k mark, any going any cheaper? Dont think a wrx would keep me intrested for to long, i dunno.. Advice please!

Am also thinking about pushing it a little more and buying the spec c, u know the white one, with smaller alloys and no eleccy windows etc,any thoughts on these? Can pick one up for 22k (little over budget atm really, but could be swayed).

Sorry if you all heard this before, but would appreciate any advice given!

Old 23 March 2004, 12:08 PM
Bigwood
Scooby Regular

37 views and not one reply.. Not even a welcome to the boards, maybe i go back to the lancerregister then!

Old 23 March 2004, 12:10 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spec C sounds like an awesome package, and although over budget, you should be able to hold off from pouring money into it on mods, for a while, at least.

£18.5k sounds like a healthy budget and certainly gives you loads of options. If you're sticking to this budget then how about an STi 5 or 6, Type R. This will leave you with enough cash to cover some decent mods.

If I could stretch to the spec C I'd buy one straight away.
Old 23 March 2004, 12:13 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Welcome Bigwood

wrx with PPP perhaps ?
Old 23 March 2004, 12:15 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

18.5k is roughly what my mate got his my02 STI for from a dealer, doesn't have the PPP so not sure how much extra you would be looking for.

Personally, with that kind of money I would go for a bug eye STI

As it is, I had a lot less and also need the space, so I bought a my99 turbo wagon, but I'm still grinning every time I hear that Vortex exhaust growl at me

James
Old 23 March 2004, 12:15 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Welcome to the boards!

I'm sure the others will be along soon. Don't forget, there's something like 38,000 members here, and levels of knowledge vary. Not all members drive scoobs! Your title is fairly vague, so some of the views will have had no idea what sort of advice you needed.

Stick around, mate.

Last edited by SlowBoy; 23 March 2004 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 23 March 2004, 12:27 PM
Bigwood
Scooby Regular

It worked! I have friends! Was just bttt'ing myskef really.. Ta for advice so far. Not to sure on the bug eye, allthough i seen a nice jap 310bhp version in wickedkit.com is it? its on there website if anyone would care to advise about it..Plus thats where the white spec c is ive been looking at..
Old 23 March 2004, 01:46 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Afternoon and welcome to SN!

I am going to replace my 03 WRX with a PPP'd STi later on this year and so I have done quite a bit of research on prices.
- I reckon the 03 is a big leap above the 02 model year and so I'm going to hold out for one of those. Cheapest 03 I have seen was 20K and cheapest 03 PPP was about 22K (for low mileage and nice condition).
Personally I would recommend saving up more money .... as nothing else will get you close enough to the Evo "hit".