Advice..?

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2004, 10:20 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Advice..?

Just looking for some advice.

Had my car in the garage for the past week, just got it back tonight. It went in for 2 new front tyres (215/35/19) as i have 19" diablos, MOT and an oil leak fixing.

Well they fitted the tyres at the front however they have seriously scratched butchered my rims, and i know they were perfect before they went.

Second thing, the oil leak turned out to be the infamous front crank shaft oil seal which they fixed. Anyway to my horror on my way home from picking it up i noticed the temp gauge started to get high so i stopped straight away. I know they had the rad out to do the seal but when i opened the header tank it was bone dry. So after calling my dad out armed with some distilled water i ended up having to put 3.5 litres of water in..!!!!! That is a pretty big f*** up..

I didnt get time to look at the wheel when i went to pick it up as the guy needed to be away, so im paying him when he sorts out the bill e.t.c

So what can i do..???

Thanks

Dan
Old 09 March 2004, 10:26 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Stay calm, give them the facts and emphasise that you are not happy. See if you can get the wheels refurbed as a good will gesture and some extra stuff thrown in for being astute enough to not blow up your own car due to their lack of thoroughness in their workmanship.
Old 09 March 2004, 10:29 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

good plan...

I thought there might be a prob with the coolant as the heaters didnt get hot, so as soon as i noticed this + the temp gauge i stopped.. it could of been so much worse.

But then to discover the state of my wheels just completly gutted me..!!!

thanks

Dan
Old 09 March 2004, 10:30 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Simple really, don't pay him. This will allow you to get the rims sorted.
Mention the lack of water to him too and tell him that he made a mistake that could have been more costly.

I know it's easy to say here but you have to be firm and not allow yourself to be sháfted.
Old 09 March 2004, 11:16 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Agree with Hanslow, don't go in at the deep end first, give them a chance to put it right and go from there. I know how you feel though as I have had wheels marked by tyre fitters before, it really Pi55es me off when you take so much care in not kerbing them etc, to then have some idiot not take care in putting fresh rubber on what is obviously expensive rims.

I bet it's a hard job to refurb Diablo's due to their style aswell.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

simb