Whats it worth? MY03 WRX 3,800 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 10:37 AM
superdon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth? MY03 WRX 3,800 miles

Hi,

I am trying to sell my MY03 (03 reg) WRX. Its a standard WRX, with Tracker fitted, chrome gearbox surround, Impreza mats. Its only done 3,800 miles and is in excellent condition. Its just had its 12 month service, and has tax until March 2005.

What should I expect to get for this in the real world in a private sale?

Cheers
Old 03 March 2004, 10:48 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Is the car UK supplied by Subaru dealer or Import thats the first question. Last year if it was an import they were going for between £16,400 to £17,300 new on the road. So the question is what sort of depreciation would you expect for a vehicle that is now one year old? lets see what other people have to say.

Over to you Salsa King

John
Old 03 March 2004, 10:55 AM
superdon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DBY
Is the car UK supplied by Subaru dealer or Import thats the first question. Last year if it was an import they were going for between £16,400 to £17,300 new on the road. So the question is what sort of depreciation would you expect for a vehicle that is now one year old? lets see what other people have to say.

Over to you Salsa King

John
Its a UK car, from a UK Subaru dealer with full warranty.
Old 03 March 2004, 11:05 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Superdon a new WRX with Met paint would be around £18600 from a UK dealer so a year old one would have to be £15,500 to take around £15,000 at the death at the moment.

Regards

John
Old 03 March 2004, 11:08 AM
kimera9988
Scooby Regular

ive enquired about this motor i think the prob is imports are being advertised on autotrader but not labelled as such. many are on for 15kish. If a UK one is bang next to it for a few hundred more people are gonna enquire about the cheaper one and only discover the shortfalls when they arrive to view.

Ill be ready to buy in a few weeks and will be making a serious offer if its still for sale.
Old 03 March 2004, 11:09 AM
superdon
Scooby Regular

Excellent, thats the figure I thought.

I have advertised at £15,900 as it has the Tracker already fitted, a few other bits, and well below average miles. Does that sound far?

Cant afford to take much lower, as I have to pay off the settlement figure and also buy myself another cheap and nasty car
Old 03 March 2004, 11:11 AM
kimera9988
Scooby Regular

if its anywhere inbetween 15-15.5 ill be snapping his hand off!
Old 03 March 2004, 11:11 AM
superdon
Scooby Regular

kimera9988, sounds good. I am not in a HUGE hurry, but would like to get this sorted as soon as I can.
Old 03 March 2004, 09:03 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

here i go again.
£15K £15.5k very good price

seeing a Dealer will only give you £13.5/14k then put it for sale at £17k+

REAL world price... £15.5k is fare.

ppl with the Euro/Uk and Non Euro/Uk cars need to realise what their car is worth if a FULL UK dealer supplied car is private sale at £15.5k!!! IMHO
Old 03 March 2004, 11:38 PM
6 pot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superdon
Excellent, thats the figure I thought.

I have advertised at £15,900 as it has the Tracker already fitted, a few other bits, and well below average miles. Does that sound far?

Cant afford to take much lower, as I have to pay off the settlement figure and also buy myself another cheap and nasty car
No doubt a good car, but i'd put my neck out and say that in the real world you would be lucky to get £14k, and also bear in mind that if it has outstanding finance that would need to be cleared before you could sell it

I know of a midlands dealership that will sell you a new uk wrx for £17250 on the road with all the dealer facilities

Last edited by 6 pot; 03 March 2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04 March 2004, 12:22 AM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 6 pot
I know of a midlands dealership that will sell you a new uk wrx for £17250 on the road with all the dealer facilities
6 pot - any chance of emailing me details of the dealer - tempting

Many Thanks,

Ian.

Last edited by Ian E; 04 March 2004 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04 March 2004, 12:30 AM
keevster
Scooby Regular

have to have a laugh at some of you guys once in a while. UK/IMPORTED, what the hell is the difference man. i suppose its only uneducated jeleous people that can comment because they got ripped of for a 20 grand scoob and i saved 3 grand on mine. so work it out guys. 3 grand saving, whats the worst that can happen, engine failure. whoope do, get a non scoob dealership to repair it for 10 times less the cost, your still saving about 2grand overall. so time after time its still a saving, and thats only if you were daft and went to motorpoint, i got a EU cerificate of conformity with full 3 year pan european warranty, so if i have a prob i get it fixed under EU regulations and laws, and i still saved 3 grand. so when i do sell my motor i will not disclose its an EU import, i will sell it as a UK spec scoob, as it is on paper, and if people want to delv a bit further thats up to them.

i am still smiling, 3 grand in my back pocket rather than some VAT rip of dealer.

so anyone who reads this post, dont be put of by anyone, with all the scare stories about buying an EU import, its 100% safe and a huge saving, people sometimes dont want to admit, because they paid full UK list price and were ripped off. typical example, just look at UK resale values of 1 year old WRXs, shocking, but with a import you will never loose as much, believe me.

happy motoring
Keevster

Last edited by keevster; 04 March 2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04 March 2004, 10:20 AM
kimera9988
Scooby Regular

60k versus unlimted mileage warranty is a difference aint it?
Old 04 March 2004, 10:45 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

I don't no of any one who paid the full cost of a uk wrx03 so depreciation is not that bad,seeing what state the whole used trade is in at the moment.

John
Old 04 March 2004, 07:42 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

@ Keevster

thats what i'm saying it a good deal if yuo get a UK/EU car with IM backed warranty.. thats not the problem... but you save £3k.. but you wouldn't sell that car to a dealer or private buyer for the same price as a full uk car.... yours will depreciate at the same rate.. approx 15%.
£17k car.. worth £14.5k

also if you know about cars you will not get ripped of by someone trying to pass off a EU/uk car as a full uk car... its not hard to find out where it came from.Just ask where it was bought from.. then ring the garage is the easiest way to check.

Motorpoint cars are the big no no for me!

a second hand EU/uk car is not the same price as a full uk car!!
if you believe that your rose tinted glasses are very dark time.

Ppl who are un aware of the EU car thing just think they've bought a scoob.. then go to a dealer and find out its a non eu car they get stuck if the Subaru dealer won't work on it!!
Old 04 March 2004, 08:02 PM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

I'm with Keevster on this, all Impreza's are made at the same factory in Japan some get sent to Oz, some are LHD and get sent to Europe, some get sent to Cyprus, and some get sent to the UK. People think that think they are buying an inferior car just because it originates from Cyprus are totally under the wrong impression, these are good well built cars just the same as your car you bought from a UK dealer. It may be missing some underseal but how hard is it to underseal yourself? Piece of ****. As for the warranty issue, let's be honest these cars are built to last and are extremely reliable, a UK car is just as likely to go wrong as a Cypriot car. Most tend to go wrong when people start fiddling with the engine, adding bigger turbos, turning up the boost etc and don't forget that as soon as you fit that decat exhaust you have voided your drive train warranty anyway so what's the point in worrying about it?
All this talk of don't touch a "Motorpoint car mate" is utter bull, go for it they are just as good as your £19k UK car but £3k cheaper.
Old 04 March 2004, 08:20 PM
simonwagg
Scooby Newbie

Here here I am with John and Keevster on this. The only people getting benefit from a uk car is the dealership ! Rather keep the extra cash for futur mods !
Old 04 March 2004, 11:22 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

I'm with Salsa King. You try and sell a Motorpoint car into the IM network and see what you get. Most cars get traded in rather than sold my the individual. What you save in the buying, you lose in the resale - as a general rule. That is not people on here claiming one car is better than another - they built in the same place. Reality proves one car is worth less than another.

Where people save £3k one a Motorpoint car is beyond me.

A UK car will cost £18,350 max - seems to be the normal OTR price now.
Motorpoint car OTR nearly £17,000

Plus I think you need to add a few bits to get it to full UK spec. Maybe I am thick on this, but how much do you really save. I think you will lose out come resale time.

JOnathan

Last edited by Chins; 04 March 2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05 March 2004, 09:45 AM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

So what happens to these Cypriot cars when Cyprus joins the EU on May 1st??
I presume the EU 3yr warranty be honoured and UK dealers will have to undertake warranty claims and these cars will not be considered "grey imports" as they are now.
Old 05 March 2004, 07:07 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

well they would have to be UK spec.. and if they get the Euro.. price will go up and it won't be any difference to a Dutch import cost will it?
Old 05 March 2004, 07:30 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

well i only paid 16k for my03 wrx, full uk, sti 8 spooler, mica black, wrx mat, full tank of fuel new from the dealer and got 3k for my old car trade in. very happy with the deal i got.i wouldnt touch a non uk car, not worth the hassle.