Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You didn’t tell me about this before I bought one!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2004, 02:56 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You didn’t tell me about this before I bought one!!!!!

No one told me that when a Scooby is travelling at below 40mph it becomes a target for boy racers to have a go at….

I think there’s a sign that appears on the back of mine at 40 and below for *** holes in there novas and astras to brake there necks to overtake me
Old 28 February 2004, 02:59 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

not sure as no one has ever overtaken me.
Old 28 February 2004, 03:01 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Yeah they seem to think if they are infront they can really show us how fast there machines can go to the next accident LOL.

Really funny these guys spend that much money on the cars (got to admit some of the cars are nicely modified) then drive around so fast nobody can see them. Not even the MAX POWER BABES (GRANNIES) that are staggering out the boozer or bingo at closing time clutching their bag of chips and bottle of tizer.
Old 28 February 2004, 03:05 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

You need to find the switch for the prat magnet
Old 29 February 2004, 12:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If you give them a friendly wave and a smile, they really get upset

Les
Old 29 February 2004, 06:04 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Smile

get a flamer kit , wait till their right up ur **** then IGNITE! watch them back off
Old 29 February 2004, 06:54 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

I was laughing my head off as he went past....

Les
Old 01 March 2004, 01:27 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Smile

I know what you mean. I've lost count of the number of times I've forgotten to turn the "prat magnet" off or been revved at the lights, must say, usually by old Ford things......

Unless I'm feeling playfull I just let them get on with it... Can imaging the conversation at the local Maccy D's... "Aye, completely demolished this Scooby the other day - didnt stand a chance..."

But then If I was playing...... "Cor, got beat by this Scoob, must've had 1,000 horse power or somint, but only just done me, did 60 in 2 seconds like...."

Old 01 March 2004, 02:39 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

I know...Happens all the time...Worst thing is when they are in a scoob themselves!

Last edited by akshay67; 01 March 2004 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01 March 2004, 02:59 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Hmm - hate it when its another scoob - I'm all up for a bit of a blast - but when you've reached the safe limit or had your fun they seem to have that 'we beat you' look about them - what happened to the 'nice car, good drive' attitude ?

Maybe its an age thing ?

Best to avoid being drawn... Once you given it a bit, they'll just keep going....

Had a 320d roar off last week - he kept going round bends at every increasing rates - so I dropped to 40 (60 limit) to make sure he was well on his way. No doubt he told his mates 'he'd beat a scooby'.....
Old 01 March 2004, 03:48 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Only on Friday night I was driving back from a restaurant: I'd set off sedately from the lights, having a nice conversation with my passengers when the conversation was drowned out by the ridiculously loud exhaust of a Corsa Sri thrawping its bollocks off and making hardly any headway at all. Once again, him and his mates will have been spontaneously ejaculating at the fact they'd just beaten a scoob. Bless.
Old 01 March 2004, 03:52 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

i have an anti-boy racer device installed, flamer!!!!!!!!!

soon makes em back off
Old 01 March 2004, 03:54 PM
WRX-Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Let them win - it makes their day (probably their year) after all somethings got to!
Old 01 March 2004, 03:56 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

But what makes white van man think he can out drag a Scoob off the lights in a knackered old transit?

My misses is the worst, sitting at the lights at the weekend (me driving) when an MG thing pulls up next to us. He is trying to judge the light change and is starting to roll while we are still on red. Lights go orange and the misses gives it "Go, Go Go". Hmmmm, think I'll have to get the spare keys back off her.
Old 01 March 2004, 05:20 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Smile

it is so amusing i must say. after waiting patiently behind a right turner on the main road up to my house i was overtaken (once the car in front had turned) by a beat up old 'F' reg Vaux' Carlton who tried tearing up the road (30mph) well in excess of the speed limit.

noticing no sign of blue flashing lights behind i can only assume he was trying to prove a point to me. i wonder - did he feel silly as i disappeared in his rear view mirror as i cruised steadily up the road with no interest in his antics - hmmm, probably not. like someone's already said - just made his day

seriously though, some of these guys will stop at nothing to pass you or equally as bad, stop you (including unsafe over/under taking manouvers, irratic lane changing activities and red light jumping to name but a few). i feel it unfair though to single out Nova/Corsa/Saxo drivers etc - prats are prats and some drive Scoobies and even more expensive pieces of kit. don't see them on a track day though do ya!

i drive quickly, but i like to think i show plenty of consideration for fellow road users and pedestrians alike!

Last edited by K9VYN; 01 March 2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01 March 2004, 05:30 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

I simply put on my inner smile as I see them pull away. The smile simply means to me several things:

1. If I accelerate and overtake him etc then the petrol cost in doing that is usually worth more than their car before the mods (usually some 1.1 Pug 106 with £10k mods and £3k paint).

2. They obviously have no idea just how slow a K reg 1.2 corsa 8v really is.

3. The droning noise off their exhaust with 4 motorbike cans after a motorway journey probably has them reaching for the Ibuprofen when they get in.

4. I take a pride in not driving like a di*khead - a time and a place for everything.

and of course, finally,

5. Knowing that the performance were it unleashed would wipe the smirk off their baseball capped face, maybe even make them sh*t their Kolvin Cling boxers in their Krappa tracksuits - as well as the afore mentioned discussion with their mates - I would say in the pub but most of these numpties would not get in without ID - nothing against young folk - I am young too.

I like the look of a well modded motor, even saxos, corsas etc but the Scoob is in a different league.

Brian.
Old 01 March 2004, 06:16 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

like mentioned earlier it is so much nicer to let the prats past and know that the young totty on the side of the road are still able to see your nice machine than the rust and sparks coming off the halfords bodukitted car steaming past. With only the loud boom boom music drowning out the fart fart exhaust.

Was once overtaken by a modified Vauxhall Astra and he then slowed down and blatanly bragged about nailing me at the next set of lights. I laughed and retorted Yeah but yours is still an ASTRA
Old 01 March 2004, 06:31 PM
M555JHE
Scooby Regular

[Watch out for the Vito vans though, they will almost outrun a std Uk spec car from the lights! still whooped him around the bends
Old 01 March 2004, 07:31 PM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

Vito Vans ??????
Old 01 March 2004, 07:34 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M555JHE
[Watch out for the Vito vans though, they will almost outrun a std Uk spec car from the lights! still whooped him around the bends
Better of with a sprinter
Old 01 March 2004, 07:49 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Hi Guys,

you've just made my day as this morning I was told the company I work for was making redundacies, and now I have read about boy racers in there stupid heavily modified nova's or saxo's with these big spoilers and lost count of how many exhausts they have, you have all cheered me up now.

Cheers
Old 01 March 2004, 08:02 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Someone said 'it's funny how much these guys spend on their cars just to go flying by that no one can appreciate it'

I must be close to 6k with out a single think styling wise to note..... would that not make me even worse than a nova driver

And how may 400+ brake scoobs do we have here, imagine what those ferrari drivers think of us!

As for flamer kit That is the ultimate in 4x motorbike cans theory!

ALS all the way

Dave
Old 01 March 2004, 08:03 PM
Jamie_B
Scooby Regular

The barry boy's site is always worth a look http://www.barryboys.co.uk/