Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw S600BY (or S6000B) getting pulled!

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2004, 08:40 PM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw S600BY (or S6000B) getting pulled!

Saw S600BY getting pulled on the M1 at Sheffield on Sunday - have to say it really pissed me off, the copper pulled off the hard shoulder after doing someon else and made a bee line for this scoob driver who was doing nothing wrong, the guy was following me (in my wife's car), I slowed to let him pass to see the car as it looked very smart and he cruised past at 70mph - the police volvo followed for a few hundred yards and just pulled him up for no reason.
I would back you up m8 if you are reading this and you got done for some spurious reason. We got an SP 30 on Sat for doing 47 in a 40 - wide road - counrtyside - no one else about but us and a safety van partially concealed.

Soft target for money making scam, OK we were speeding but it was marginal considerring the location and conditions, this type of thing is going to cause major relations problems between motorists and the police, it's a case of over zealous policing by idiots who should go catch proper criminals. Some police are fine but the **** who do this should be doing another job.

I bet the guy in Sheffield that pulled S600BY (or S6000B) was that tit that was on the Traffic cop documentary a few months ago - the skinny hunch back or the pratt that crashed with the lorry.

To be balanced we got robbed recently and the local bobby's were fantastic -why can't the *** heads be ousted from the force.

Barney
Old 18 February 2004, 08:44 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

maybe it was for the spacing on the plate?
Old 18 February 2004, 08:51 PM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

suppose it could have been that!?
Old 18 February 2004, 09:42 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

its got nothing to do with it....the traffic police are all fascist, an most are frowned upon by the the rest of the force...the police these days need reminding that they only "Enforce" the law, they cant make new ones to suit the occasion.....

I had a run in with the local traffic ****'s a few months back, he pulled me for going through the lights on RED.....after i pointed out that he was 50ft in behind the lights, facing the opposite direction to even see the lights, should i have gone through them, he got all arsey and tried to get me to sign some sort of text that looked like italian, then informed me that it was "my" statement..after i refused he said i would be hearing from the County courts for a trial date, which i did.

The officer "forgot" to mention that i had 3 other people in the car, forgot to mention that he was not facing the lights, and forgot to mention the 11ft tree line, the traffic controll box, and the wall that were all in his "perfect field of view"...that and the fact he was parked 10ft back from the kerb......
you should have seen his fact after i produced all the witnesses, over 200 digital images, and a classic photo of the "dry patch" where his car was parked, the one he tried to say was "in clear view"...the look on my face as im holding the tape measure from the kerd to the dry patch is a picture i will frame....it says "YOU ARE A F*CKING FIBBER" right across my grin.....

throw out of court, due to unsubstancial evidence on the side of the prosicution, nice way to say hes a lieing swine.......

all the best

jay
Old 18 February 2004, 10:04 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

lol @ jay!

wicked mate! ive been pulled that many times in the last few months I ******* hate them all now, which isnt the way it should be!

jamo
Old 18 February 2004, 10:11 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

dont get pulled like that down south...... well i havent in the scoob..... last pull was in clio for illegal spaced number plate but thats fair enough i guess.
Old 18 February 2004, 10:32 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

barney - 47 in a 40 from a camera van is worth fighting. Be awkward and you might get a way with it. Do some research on the speedtrap sites and follow their advice. If you want any help email me.

Chris
Old 18 February 2004, 11:20 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

See here http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/showthread.php?t=302877

and here http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/showthread.php?t=302595

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by Gizmo555; 18 February 2004 at 11:21 PM.
Old 19 February 2004, 09:34 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got to be honest, had my Scoob 3 years and never been pulled, but when I had my old M.G. Maestro, most mornings going to work at 4.30.A.M. I would get followed and pulled, where you going etc, One morning I got so Pissed off with them as I got out of my car the police officer asked me where I was going, now I've got my post mans uniform on I told him I was going to a fancy dress party and before I knew it another car had pulled in front of me and blocked me in, but to be fair most mornings I would be speeding, one time a traffic car chased me and I thought it was my mate, so I gave it more wellie instead of slowing down, by the time I saw it was a traffic car too late i was doing ermm mph in a 30 mph limit, take into account this is 4.30.a.m. in the morning and the driver of the said traffic car went mental at me, and called me a Fukcing idiot, and when he got out of thr car he was so angry he punched the top of his car, but still I did not got nicked, but since I have had my accident back in 1996 I have slowed down a lot, I was hit head on by a drunk at over 100mph and I am lucky to be alive, and the traffic police to their credit were brilliant, they use to come out of their patch to visit me at home and when the guy who nearly killed me got a soft punishment the policeman dealing with my case went mental because the guy should have gone down, instead he got a £275 fine £125 costs and a 15 month ban.
Cheers
Colin
Old 19 February 2004, 12:43 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

i thought you couldn't use digital photos as evidense? very amusing
Si
Old 19 February 2004, 06:39 PM
DTH
Scooby Regular

Angry

Got pulled for having no space between O and zero and was not happy,havnt
messed about with the 6 or styling of letters because the risk of being pulled.
He was a right to55er as well on a power trip, didnt know that O and zero are the same on no. plate.Got to get plates changed and take car to MOT centre for them to stamp form to say iv changed them, then send form back to them
Plate is S600BY and looks the part but been told if stopped 3 times dvla can take plate off me,doesnt matter that it cost me a fortune.

DTH
Old 19 February 2004, 08:27 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Did you get the £40 fine also, When I got pulled for wrongly spaced letters I was told to get it put right & pay £40 nothing else, Oh he did say 3 times and I would end up being issued a Q plate
Old 19 February 2004, 10:06 PM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

DTH

Nice car mate, still think he was just being an awkward tw@t, I saw plenty of plates with incorrect spacing and they weren't getting pulled

barney