Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB5 WHEELS(WARRENTY)

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2004, 04:02 PM
ANDYMCC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my RB5 wheels the paint seems to have bubbled up,i am wondering if i could claim for this on my warrenty which is due up in the middle of Feb,has anyone else claimed for wheels.
Old 05 January 2004, 04:30 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do it! If it's faulty, then it's faulty.
Old 05 January 2004, 04:36 PM
markbluemica
Scooby Regular

i think you will find they will just say you have been using acidic wheel cleaner which will take the lacquer off and effect the paint but wait for greasemonkey he will probably have a better answer
Old 05 January 2004, 05:07 PM
Soobmeister
Scooby Regular

get your dealer to put in a warranty claim, they will need to take photo's and e-mail them to I.M.
Old 05 January 2004, 05:26 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Nowt wrong with your answer Mark. As you say, they'll probably blame either the wheel cleaner or salt attack/normal wear and tear.
Old 05 January 2004, 11:33 PM
217 bhp
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Hi Chaps, hope you all had a fab Xmas and New Year.

Just wondering, is this a common problem on RB5s as mine are a bit tatty and it's on the (growing)list of things to do?
I head that the colour is a bit of a pig to match exactly but as I'd be getting all 4 done then this would probably not be too much of a problem. What sort of price (approximately would a decent place charge to do this and is there anywhere round Glasgow(ish) that comes recommended - keeping in mind I do not have a spare set so would need a drive in/drive out type service ?
Sorry for all the questions but I just know that you guys will be able to help
Old 06 January 2004, 01:40 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

Mine are in need of a bit of TLC too. I'm going to have all four done at a place near where i live. Cant be doing without the car for too long so axle stands (leave car in mates garage) while they are done. Should take a few days.

Prices vary from place to place and moreso by the quality of the job, mine are not curbed just scratched and like most are beginning to show the signs of age. If the wheels aren't that badly kerbed i'd suggest a bodyshop. I'm going to try a few before i commit to anywhere.

£60/70 per wheel sounds about right to me! I may even get a new set (P1 18"). Depends on the price really.

Cheers
Old 06 January 2004, 08:57 AM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

claimed for paint on my Primera wheels a couple of years back - photos sent to nissan, and wheel refurbed all under warranty no probs.

try the dealer.
Old 06 January 2004, 10:04 AM
RB5Caterham
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Same problem with my RB5's wheels as well. Going to get them refurbed soon. Not sure if this sort of thing is covered under warranty, probably say its wear and tear, salt used on road and all that ****e.

Ask the dealer, they may be sympathetic.
Old 06 January 2004, 10:21 AM
andys
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem on a MY2000 and the claim was refused under the extended Subaru warranty.

Old 06 January 2004, 01:55 PM
Si of Sheff
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hello!
Strange first post but I hope this is useful.

I had the wheels on my MY00 UK Turbo changed for new ones under warrenty in March 03, 1 month before the warrenty ran out.

I went to Monty's of Sheff who took photos to send to IM, who returned their decision within 3 days, and arranged to fit the wheels the following week, providing a courtesy car for the morning while it was done.

The wheels were begining to pit quite badly, but not so anyone would really notice them, only the fussy few, but it wasn't what you'd expect on a car with only 35k miles on. Fortunately, neither me or the previous owner had curbed them so other than the fault they were pristine.

I couldn't fault IM or Monty's on the service. The road salt argument was tried but I'd bought a UK car, a country where the manufacturer knows it is common practice to salt roads so they should be made to stand this!

On the wheel cleaner front - I hadn't used any but who could prove it anyway?

There might be a problem claiming on extended warrenties but your initial bodywork warrenty is for 6 years I believe, and surely this covers any painted exterior parts?

Good luck

Si