Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FQ300

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2003, 02:24 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been taken round the track with Steve Palmer in the absolutly Awsome Evolution8 FQ300..and in standard form its a Subaru Killer, i dont care what anybody says, i love my scooby, but this thing was in another class.....awsome, ive been reading about the C class too but as yet, not had the pleasure...but up to now, i swaying over to the darkside....it IS that much better.

it could have been the fact that Steve Palmer was driving, but the car itself is superb, just lacks the flat four sound, then it would be perfect.

all the best

jay
Old 12 December 2003, 02:50 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

A subaru killer? Depends what subaru your comparing it to.
Old 12 December 2003, 02:52 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Wait till you get in a FQ-330 then.
Old 12 December 2003, 02:57 PM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Awesome motor I agree but wouldn't kill a Spec C .... would be interesting to put the Spec C up against the FQ330

I've driven Evos 6-8 and must say they are impressive motors but cannot be compared to a standard WRX or even standard STi IMHO, STi8 PPP is in the same ball park but would imagine the Spec C would have it!! Check out the performance figures of the Spec C in Evo magazine a few months back ... faster through gears than a 911 GT3 and by some margin too in places RAPID !!

My penny's worth anyway ...

Love my scoob too

Phil UK300 PPP
Old 12 December 2003, 03:04 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jay,
I've not tied an evo 8, but I have no regrets on moving to 'the dark side'
With a few breathing mods, a 'normal' evo will be putting out roughly 300bhp. My 7 goes like stink, only thing it lacks is the subaru burble.
Old 12 December 2003, 03:23 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

i was comparing it to mine, V5...i run 350bhp.... which aint slow by any means, but that bloodie car just kept going and the AYC has to be experianced to belive it, steve had the car every single way in perfect conrtol. we had a little chat afterwards and he said it was the most impresive "out of the box" car he had ever driven..."complete" is what he said...thats a big word....

FQ330 is the next one the list to try, having said that ive not long been back from japan and a little trip to see Mitusbishi in there headquarters in Tokyo, put the thought it me...."jesus the other big boys are in serious $hit!!!" what they are planning more to the point whats on show to the public is mindblowing." 420bhp in the standard form, with a "sports" package touching 460bhp, having said that it was not clear that this would be a "final" car, and Subaru , which was just over the road, did have the C on show, running some silly figures...toyota, had nowt.....lol

ill still go with an evo if the moneys right, Mitsubishi have just got better, faster and harder, where as the Subaru, have gone more Fat arsed buisness men, and poofy power imo.

all the best

jay

PS still love me Classic...but im tempted

[Edited by ===WRX=== - 12/12/2003 3:27:08 PM]
Old 12 December 2003, 03:28 PM
R6
Scooby Regular

Had a good look at an evo-8 last week, but there's just not enough difference to make me swap from my sti-8-ppp, if the evo was faster by a big margin then I might sway towards it.

And I much prefer the look of the scoob inside and out.

Two very similar cars but two very different ones at the same time.

Chris
Old 12 December 2003, 03:35 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

fair comments, but hainf spent the day with the evo 8, its growing on me, the dash still looks like its out of a train, and i do like the interior of the new series scooby, it looks like your getting your moneys worth.
but having said that you dont have to take the Evolution to a Subciduary firm to get the power you want...its already there in the price....food for though, but i have still got to go with the Evo....im gutted...lol...ill take a peek at the C and hope it sways my mind....

Its good to see that scoobynet does have its fair share of equalist...if its a better car...it just is.

all the best for Christmas guys hope you all get a nice new set of Defi's under the tree....

jay
Old 12 December 2003, 03:36 PM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Jay ... I agree, the AYC (and Super AYC on the Evo 8) on the Evos is mightily impressive and does have to be driven for one to be able to appreciate how awesome it is. I was taken out in an Evo 6 with c. 330 bhp by an ex-Rally driver and its about the only time I've been pretty much 'nervous' in a road car, the power was awesome don't get me wrong but the handling, the speed and compusure with which it went round corners, was staggering ...

Sure you won't be disappointed if you do go to the 'dark side' ... I personally love both Scoobs and Evos, for every day driving I'd take a scoob over an Evo but for a road weapon I'd take the Evo (or a Spec C although I haven't driven one of these ). Plus my wife is upstairs having contractions so I think my scoob on Eibachs and 18" alloys with a laggy band's worth of rubber should be about all our little bambino be subjected to .... for now anyway !!!!

Cheers
Phil
Old 12 December 2003, 03:37 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Talking

Subaru can get 320-330bhp in spec c 2.0. When will they turn there hand to the 2.5 lump. Surely 380-400 would be within easy reach.
Old 12 December 2003, 03:41 PM
scooby2000
Scooby Regular

hi jay

got nothing to do yet again !!!!!

pass you this morning on the bridge

cheers neil
Old 12 December 2003, 04:14 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can outrun an FQ300 in my UK MY00 and that was before the front mount and headers. They are quick but heavier than Scoobys.
Old 12 December 2003, 04:27 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

I can outrun an FQ300 in my UK MY00
I take it yours isn't standard then
Old 12 December 2003, 04:40 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

hello Neil, hows Colditz....er SSE i mean.......sorry matey did not see you this morning, i finaly got the P1 wing on..looks okay dont it?

Yer im sure they can squeeze more out of the subaru, mine runs 350bhp without a stroker kit, but im reluctent to go anymore becuase i cant afford for massive problems to arise, its cost me enough to get it to this stage ( a usable safe 350bhp ), but i just found that the the Evo was a Better car, yes they are a tubby B*tch, but they go like there after there next kebab.....first in line

still i love me scooby, and for the time being, its staying right where it is
( note to santa.......dear santa, ive been a fairly good boy )
Old 12 December 2003, 04:44 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

if it is std, guess the evo must be turning into petrol station to fill up then.

anyway, on a more serious note. had evo6 tme and a sti v4 type R.

on a tested run at the evo triangle, have to say evo was quicker (me being the unbiased driver ) and easier to control where as the type r was fun and more tail happy.

point to point speed, evo wins but preferred scoob due to the addictive boxer note and tarting up potential (mine was a tart, so my lady friend claimed)
Old 12 December 2003, 04:46 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

thats my reasoning......they just dont "sound" right...lol

but if you fancy a swop...lol..anyone
Old 12 December 2003, 08:15 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

Apparently the Hampshire Constabulary are 'very' interested in buying this model according to our local paper tonight !!
(bet they won't be canary yellow)

steve
Old 12 December 2003, 08:43 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Wink

as for handling - have you seen the Prodrive ATD vid from a bit back?

what's the point of going faster if you're only going faster backwards off a corner rather than round it

spec c plus ATD anyone? yes, please
Old 12 December 2003, 10:58 PM
Scooby
Scooby Regular

I test drove an FQ300 and wasn't at all impressed, I was rather dissapointed by the experience.

I think its a case of the hype overinflated my expectations....
Old 12 December 2003, 11:07 PM
dingy
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ all the people that think scoob's are fast from road cars...
Erm........see collins dictionary......
Old 13 December 2003, 12:17 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Naaaaar,
Driven both, not much in it in a line, Evo more poised. but @ the end of the day. I went for the scoob 4 3 reasons...
1. Looks and sounds better
2. Costs less to service 4.5 = 10k + cheaper service costs
3. unless your @ 100% the difference isnt noticable...

Stepped out of a 911 turbo the other month and my STI ppp felt like it had the handbrake on... the Evo and Sti are around about the same, but get into the 911 and jees that is a fast fast car. And I mean it feels so much quicker. truly awsome 4 or 5 seconds to 100 quicker then the Jap twins and it feels it too. Scoob and Evo are really in the midlle ground between fast cars and the genuinly extreme. Thing is thier less than 30k and for that its good value! thats all.
Enjoy the beasty!
Old 13 December 2003, 02:11 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Well, I test drove an FQ300, and WAS impressed. About 15 - 20 mph faster than my MY02 WRX in any given situation.....
Old 13 December 2003, 08:27 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Question

its cost me enough to get it to this stage
( a usable safe 350bhp )
On the first point I would agree as I know where your car was tuned.
One the second I would have to have to disagree
Old 13 December 2003, 06:16 PM
==WRX==
Scooby Regular

Arrrr i suspect you do...but as i said its a safe useable car, knock down the AVCR to its lower setting and everything is great, still loads of fun, but easy to use, my mum will drive it then, stick it in high setting and the evos go by by, but again mr jack, not wanting to bad mouth the boys at "you know where"..whats you beef with them, ive only ever had good experiances with them, great service, not bad prices, always willing to do a deal and go that little bit further for you...maybe its just me...

"it takes a few good experiances to tell you friends about it, but just one bad one to tell the world"....

Having said all in my other posts in this thread, just read an artical on the spec C........MMMMMMmmmmmm its looking good for the Subaru aint it.......shame they have to be competed against each other,..there both fantastic cars..

all the best

jay
Old 13 December 2003, 06:24 PM
Mortywrx
Scooby Regular

the new Japanese Performance as the test between the Spec C and the FQ300 and the figures for the Spec C are more impresive then the Evo...can that be true? Good write up.

Darren
Old 13 December 2003, 08:01 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

its a safe useable car, knock down the AVCR to its lower setting and everything is great, still loads of fun,
About as much fun as watching jelly set

You know who told me where to go WRX! I am so glad they did aswell
Old 14 December 2003, 02:51 PM
==WRX==
Scooby Regular

fair comments.......and if im being perfectly honest.....the high setting is a shed load more fun......but only at the weekend....lol...AS IF....

all the best for Christmas and New Year

jay