Sponsored by:

My bad luck subaru weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2003, 07:29 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

First of all, i had two headlight bulbs go one the day after the other! which was annoying cos I had to go to the shops twice lol
But this weekend has been pathetic for luck
I bought a second hand set of alloys from scoobynet quite a while ago, 3 brand new tyres and one which i bought, the alloys were kerbed really bad, and i mean REALLY bad, but I had them refurbished and they were fine. BUT i've been having a slow punture problem on the left front. Friday morning, i have to pull over on my way to work to pump it up cos it was rather pancake like, this would then last a few months, but no, after work it was shrove tuesday again. Got home and pumped it up again properly but snapped the pump in half. great, no other pumps in the garage.
then I had dinner, went back out and it had gone down from 29 psi to about 9 or something like that in 20 minutes. took wheel off, had a look with dad, the bloody thing is bent on the inside slightly so that it pisses out air cos the tyre isnt seated as well as it should be at the bent bit! So i'm pretty annoyed at this point, cos i have to put the two original wheels back on at the front cos im going to stay at my brothers.
Drive there afterwards and car feels really weird, so much so i stoped to check my wheel nuts but they were fine. anyway, next day I come out to find that the rear tyre had caught the flippin pancake disease as well, and now has a bulge coming out the side! so had to get one of mates to go to my house, to get my other 2 original wheels, bring them to me etc, and now I've gotta buy or repair a wheel, and at least one tyre! was not very happy!
why do things like this always happen at the same time! grrrrr
Old 08 December 2003, 07:45 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

unlucky mate - have had at least two tyre wrecked through nails and the like - building contractor that i am!

both were new also!

Weava
Old 08 December 2003, 09:01 PM
doorman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

i'v had similar things go wrong 1st one tyre knackered int lights stoped working then the boot stays snaped!!!! all in a two weeks w*nker init.
Old 08 December 2003, 09:47 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
top tip.

When you blow a bulb, buy a spare and keep it in the car, saves you making a second trip.

Unlucky!
Old 08 December 2003, 09:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Bought a set of new tyres for the Scoob a couple of years back, they offered the Mrs to pay on her oulet card, but no, she wanted to pay on Switch.
2 weeks later one of the tyres is written off...........nail in the side wall.If we'd paid with the card, we'd have had 100 days insurance, and a new tyre for nowt[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Actual cost: £120 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Alcazar
Old 08 December 2003, 09:59 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

If my headlight bulbs go I always replace the pair, cos it's pretty likely the other one wont be far behind! And then they match correctly too!

Andy
Old 08 December 2003, 10:34 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Yes, I have got myself a halfords spare bulb kit now
god knows if its for my model of scoob or not! but its got an H4 headlight bulb in there at least.
I'm just annoyed that i now have to waste money on a wheel when I was try to save up for a decat downpipe. never mind.
Old 08 December 2003, 11:43 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

I thought you were supposed to replace bulbs in pairs- might be why the 2nd one blew. One of mine blew the other day so put 2 new ones in and kept old one as a spare.