Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2003, 03:34 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi

New to the group.
I'm looking at buying my first scooby an sti 8, i was wondering on the groups views on the PPP upgrade:

Is it worth it??
Is there better on the market, if so what??

Obviously you dont effect the warranty with the prodrive upgrade.
I've been reading magazine articles about tuning them recently and some say go for a big front mounted intercooler and decatted pipe and induction kit (about £5k), others just say change exhaust and rechip the ecu for about the same gains in power (340-350bhp) for £700-800.
Just want to spend my money on the best kit to have the edge over the evo boys but it would appear after watching Jeremy Clarkson's new dvd (clarkson shoot-out) that the evo 8 still has the edge over the PPP sti 8, especially in the straight line acceleration test where the sti was easily beaten by the evo 8 and was even beaten by the Audi S4.

I know the group will have tried and tested many different tuning upgrades and i would appreciatte what has been found to be the best.

You might think why do i need to tune the sti up anyway, hasn't it got enough power, well i'm used to riding a motorbike at the weekends that did 0-60 in less than 3 seconds etc etc. I'm looking for speed and comfort now.
Old 15 November 2003, 03:35 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the forum m8! hope you find what you want
dave

Old 16 November 2003, 12:34 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

welcome aboard

bttt

Old 16 November 2003, 11:52 AM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Hi M8, I am also new to the forum and have just taken delivery of an STi8 Type UK. Funny thing you should ask about upgrading cos I was thinking the same as I have just got rid of an STi Type R Import and that was quite an impressive beast. That had circa 330 BHP and I am keen to run this one in to compare although reading reports I will probably be dissapointed. My Type R launched from the word go with very little lag and this one is doing nothing (admittedly I am running in off boost at present, 3 grand on rev counter) so I can't wait to get the miles on.
I am keen also to listen to other owners of STi8's for their opinions as I have heard various and very different ones like the PPP wasn't what people had expected for the lolly and other people who are over the moon so glad you asked the question. See ya later.

Ady
Old 16 November 2003, 12:00 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Reply to Ady 1

I have now copied this subject under a new topic, "Wanted your opinions on tuning the STi 8 please" as you can see there has been little response to this topic.
Cheers