Sponsored by:

Dearly Beloved

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2003, 12:10 PM
Little Clanger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Having never been in a Subaru before, it seemed strange going out and buying a new 03 STi without trying anything else. I am glad I didnt cos I love it. Just as a toy for the weekends, I cant get out of it after a drive without a big grin on my face.

Thinkin of putting PPP on after Chrimbo. Does anyone have any advice on whether nearly £2K is worth the increase in performance.

I love my Scooby, and judging from the way it responded on a country lane 2 nights ago to a sound thrashing, it must love me too. A right trouser browner.

A question, is it true that RB5's have had big weight reductions over other Imprezas?
Old 06 November 2003, 12:36 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long have you had the car? Giving it a sound thrashing on the thin running-in oil installed in production is not the best descision you have ever made! If you have had the first service then that's not so bad.
The PPP is good and makes the performance more useable by dropping the "go" point down the rev range a tad. There are other conversions that will give more power, it's just that the PPP retains warranty.
I think you may be thinking of the STi-RA rather than the RB5?
JohnD
Old 06 November 2003, 01:33 PM
Little Clanger
Scooby Regular

Smile

No worries on the thrash front John. Took it really careful for first 1000 and service (4k rpm). Still took it very steady and it now has just over 3K so I have only recently started opening it up. I must say that my "thrash" is probably no thrash at all compared to the more experienced of you out there. It is bloody quick and way beyond what I am used to so I probly aint the road demon I think I am.

was on a web site called www.fastwrx.com in the states. Over there there is a law that says a manufacturer cannot refuse to honour warranty repairs if the failed part is not related to the modification so, a chipped motor will not be prevented from a warrantied claim for a suspension failure etc. I take it Scooby UK dont do the same. The dealer I bought the car from said any after market jobies invalidate waranty but then he would say that.

Gotta say, now I have the car, I wouldnt be without it. It isnt a daily driver so it gets 5 star TLC. Now I know what the fuss is all about.

Little tip on car insurance. I checked everywhere for a cheap fully comp quote and the cheapest by far(just over £600 a year on 6000 miles, everyone else was over £1500 and yes, my details were truthfully given) give it a try if the old insurance company is pulling your pants down.
Old 06 November 2003, 02:40 PM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Talking

ah ha: a real local!
will keep eyes open for you - what colour?
I'm up hill towards A25 (Brasted)
WRX03 Wagon PPP Silver - aka the silver stealth!

Where did you Scoob get from - hope not Lancaster who've now closed completely?
Old 06 November 2003, 03:12 PM
Little Clanger
Scooby Regular

What colour? WR Blue with gold wheels (common as muck so I was told by a chap with a black 03 STi yesterday, my heart sank). I will keep my eyes open KS2. Not out in the old gal much as it is a second car. I think I would loose the old license in a flash if I drove it all the time. Do you go to Pease Pottage on the 1st Sunday of the m onth.