Sponsored by:

STOLEN TODAY - Y39 HVY

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2003, 03:00 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

A little late due to the outage but still worth a try. Not mine but posted on behalf of another long standing Scoobynetter.

He was woken at 5am by a loud noise followed by shouting and swearing. 3 people had broken into the house by throwing a large stone through the window. He decided not to confront them but called 999 while they were downstairs.

The police arrived 30min later by which time the keys had been found and the car taken. The thieves had left a kitchen knife on the table which they had removed from a knife block in readiness.

Fortunately everyone in the house is okay and "have all stopped shaking now" they are now waiting for SoCO and a furhter visit from the police.

The car, a dark blue bugeye WRX, was last seen at 7.00 am in the Brighouse area.

Old 30 August 2003, 03:17 PM
SNAP
Scooby Regular

This is dreadful full stuff. I feel very sorry for your friend and his family - knife at the ready! I can't imagine anyone being that desparate to threaten someone's life for a car in this price bracket - who would want it from them and what for? Just joy ride?!

Mine was stolen night before last (you might have seen the thread), now recovered by the police, but it was a much more pro/stealth job. They had also brocken into a neighbour friend's dark blue WRX, but left it alone with not much disturbed.
Old 30 August 2003, 03:30 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I have every sympathy for him, he must have been gutted, and felt helpless, but this is a reflection on what this government call emergency services. How can a service that cannot respond in less than 30 min be called "emergency". A few weeks ago I was out walking. A 92 year old man had fallen and injured his face quite badly, I took him home and phoned for an ambulance. Advising them of his age, his injuries, and the fact he was probably in shock, they said an abulance was on its way. It was 22 mins before it arrived, I left as it was approaching in case I said something I might regret. People might mock the fire service as lazy, greedy, etc, etc, but I guarantee that they will be there when you call them within 5 mins not 30.
dave
Old 30 August 2003, 04:01 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of your friends misfortune, unfortunately if i was in those circumstances i would have done a tony martin job on them after setting the dogs on their sorry butts. They would have chosen the wrong house with me im afraid!!

Sad sorry state our law is in these days, you never hear of crime like this in countries such as saudi arabia as they would lose their hands for theft, our government needs to look elsewhere for ideas i think, bring back national service and capial punishment!
Old 30 August 2003, 04:34 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

What about public floggings??
dave
Old 30 August 2003, 06:19 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Red face

feckin w@nkers

reminds me of the 2 gits who tried to rob someone and 1 got shot n killed. The other tried to do the chap cos it's traumatised him.
Traumatised were'nt enough; for scum like them.
Old 30 August 2003, 06:58 PM
sh4un
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think he was also after compo for his injuries, he walked with a limp since he was shot, funny thing is some guy from THE SUN video taped him walking normaly ho ho ho...
Old 30 August 2003, 09:57 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Angry

Dave

I won't get into an argument over this m8. We both know the system and that the brigade is often first on the scene of an incident.

Fact is you don't have the option to ignore a shout or do a couple of circuits of a deserted industrial estate before responding

As a subscriber to the Andy Pugh school of negotiation in my experience a thirty minuites wait was pretty good. A few years ago when someone attempted to take our car my wife called 999 and I chased down the perpetrators.

Two of them were persuaded that a short time face down on the pavement was preferable to a lifetime in a wheelchair. Unfortunately the third one returned with his mates before the constabulary arrived.

Not too difficult, as numerous calls to the station provided nothing more than a crime number. We eventually saw a bobby two days later

But what more can be expect given this weeks proposal to put elderly criminals in secure nursing homes rather than prison!
Old 30 August 2003, 10:08 PM
Luke
BANNED

Good to see you did the right thing..... It looks good on TV but Violence aint funny
Old 30 August 2003, 10:12 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Barry

Sorry to hear about this, tis a bad state of affairs, I hope that some justice will get done, no matter what form it takes

Sorry if I seemed a little pre-occupied on the phone earlier, I had just driven to Glossop to help a friend out who split a wheel, and needed 4 spare wheels to get him home

and both our cars had several wheels off when you called

Steve
Old 30 August 2003, 10:30 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

No probs m8

Did think you were a little odd, but thought you were working and put it down to a state of trauma brought on by shock to the system
Old 30 August 2003, 10:36 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

LOL

no I was on Chunel Hill in Glossop, must have been the high altitude too

very windy up there it was today, and this was the point we were at when my phone rang

work pah, I did enough of that on Thursday evening, 8am till 3am

Old 30 August 2003, 11:05 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

I had just driven to Glossop to help a friend out who split a wheel
Now call me simple, yea ok

But why you change all wheels on both cars
Old 30 August 2003, 11:13 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Well the bugeye had Compomotive MO 18's on and Brembo 4 pots, so my spare track wheels (std MY00 16's) wouldnt clear the Brembos,

so we had to put my PD7's on the bugeye, and the MY00 alloys on my car then once we got back to Wakefield, we swapped em back, and then I drove back home

Old 31 August 2003, 08:59 AM
Higgs
Scooby Regular

it probably took the pigs so long as they where all 2 buisy catching speeding cars with there radar guns
Old 31 August 2003, 04:49 PM
molly
Scooby Regular

misty. why should the police rush to the scene off the crime. i take it the person who had his car stolen gave all rlevant details to the police calltaker. which will then be relayed to the troops on the ground. if there is no on going threat to life or property officers should rush to the area and search the area first for offenders, before attending the scene. if officers are available to go to the scene straight away then fair enough.
i hope the offenders are found and the scooby returned undamaged...
ill get off my soap box now.
Old 31 August 2003, 09:04 PM
mad malc
Scooby Regular

Should be more pigs to sort this type of thing out, the amount of money they apparently make off speed cameras. I always think if there was more filth making regular early hour patrols scum may be more dubious about doing this type of thing/or more likely to get caught. But how often do you see the pigs in the early hours? Sod all round here but I don't live in a city so it may be different I guess. Sorry to hear about it anyway, the t*ssers.
Old 31 August 2003, 09:46 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Next time, mention that you 'thought' you saw a gun.... Guarantee the police will be there MUCH quicker....
Old 01 September 2003, 12:27 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Angry

officers should rush to the area
Molly, see above & feel free to borrow my soap box.

I was probably away for around 40 mins, when I got back my wife was virtually hysterical. She was terrified it was a diversion! Then worried in case I'd been injured. Should she search? Lock the house and maybe risk me beleeding at the front door unable to get help!

Common sense prevailed, she rang 999 again and was simply told the earlier call had been logged So I rang the station (an hour or so had passed) to be advised there was no point responding as there was little chance of catching anyone!!!!