Sponsored by:

banning idiots etc

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2003, 05:13 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why cant we have an "anti-VIP" list?

i have started a thread in "other marques", now mytwat or whatever his name is has got involved anyone looking at it will see the last 10 post consist of his tit and tating with whichever mug has been daft enough not to ignore him......and anyone with a brain will decide that the thread is dead. yippe do

before anyone pipes up with the "ohhhh, its real life- would you ban people from conversation in real life" the answer is yes..... if im in conversation with a group and a **** joins in i/others could say "get lost ****" as thats not possible here why cant i decide on a list of ppl whos opinion i dont want?

T
Old 29 June 2003, 05:32 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

I agree, then perhaps all the childish 'mytwat' references would cease... it is so childish.......

...... don't you think?
Old 29 June 2003, 05:35 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Tiggs, You mention atwat and what happens...
Old 29 June 2003, 05:37 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I agree; I pointed out several times that the software used here is outdated, but as the webmaster wrote it himself, it seems he's unwilling to give it up for the much better vBulletin that can be had for about £100.
Old 29 June 2003, 05:39 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ok...scientific experiment:

mycroft- i think you're a **** so stay of my post....i will stay of yours, in fact you may start a thread on"tiggs is a ****" and i will still leave you to it.

bye.
Old 29 June 2003, 05:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

claudius, if thats the case i'll donate £105...he can do the software then have a pint on me!
Old 29 June 2003, 05:46 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

###
ok...scientific experiment:
###
Not very!

###
mycroft- i think you're a **** so stay of my post....i will stay of yours, in fact you may start a thread on"tiggs is a ****" and i will still leave you to it.
###
Why would I wish to form any opinion of you at all, let alone post anything like that...

###
bye.
###
We'll see

What you appear to want is not an ignore list... you want an 'ignoramus list' on that you can put your name and we will all know exactly where we stand... won't we!

Mycroft, always happy to help.
Old 29 June 2003, 05:51 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

Claudius, I think that using an 'off the shelf' forum would use far more bandwidth, hence this format... it has a degree of 'bare-bones' about it to keep costs down... it's only a guess but that is what I can surmise from its set up.
Old 29 June 2003, 05:51 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I have to check, but I think the licence is US $150. The PITA part would be to transfer all the threads over; not sure how easy it would be from this software, but my guess would be pretty difficult, so I guess that and Simon's pride are the problem. I'm pretty sure he could buy a piece of software for 100 quid!

Also: I just looked at the thread you mentioned and I think you're being unfair to Mycroft: he simply said he could recommend a car that is fast yet comfortable, which was his answer to your question. Barge then jumped in rudely questioning Mycroft's numbers which caused Mycroft's reaction. I think he provoked Mycroft who simply answered your question in the beginning. You may not like him, but you've got to be fair
Old 29 June 2003, 05:55 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

So, you've been looking at the setup of this forum, then?

The bandwidth problem is there, but you can change the settings to make it faster
Old 29 June 2003, 06:30 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Tiggs

Sorry mate

Old 29 June 2003, 06:47 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I thought mycroft had gone
Old 29 June 2003, 06:49 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I believe it's a combination of factors that prompted Simon to write his own software. Price of the solution isn't really a consideration as $150 is neither here nor there in the overall scheme of things.

Security and performance were apparently the drivers.

I do not know this for definite. Rather than speculate pointlessly, why not ask him when he gets back from Germany? I believe you know the email address.
Old 30 June 2003, 12:16 AM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

Question

Mycroft, if its childish, why do you always...ALWAYS have to rise to it? I repeat what I have said before..you're a bright, intelligent guy. So why get so oversensitive about something that someone you clearly regard as pondlife said about you?

And when are you going to e-mail me about a pint? I believe I still owe you one?

I can't see a great deal of point in an ignore list? Why not just look at the name on the post and not bother reading it?

When someone starts trolling (no accusations or name calling) just do what you'd do in real life and think "muppet" smile and ignore them like a grown up?

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of "courage" people have behind a keyboard...always makes me wonder if they are so quick to judge in person?
Old 30 June 2003, 12:31 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

steve,

its not as simple as that.....if you post on a subject you want feed back on and suddenly its over run with idiots anyone looking at it based on the original poster and post title will not bother adding to it....thus post is dead.
Old 30 June 2003, 09:49 PM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Fair comment.

Of course, you can always re-post the thread and ask people (by name) not to be antisocial. Most of them will be.
Old 30 June 2003, 09:58 PM
Knight Templar
Scooby Newbie

What a bunch of moaners... Come on people, get out doors and get a life.

"How is life at the bottom of the pond"
Old 30 June 2003, 10:57 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Wink

Poacher turned gamekeeper

Tiggs, go back to the "other" bbs - get proper answers to your questions

FWIW - I think you should test drive an STI8 (I personally couldn't live with the stoopid scoop) and consider splitting your requirments. Something Caterham/Elise like for the summer and fun and maybe something like MY03 WRX PPP/Audi for client visits / sensible driving. Hope you dont lose too much on the TVR....

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 6/30/2003 10:59:03 PM]