Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

civic

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2003, 03:56 PM
truerim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in my book, the civic is a pretty fast car with its v-tech engines compared to other hot hatches but compared to a scooby i was always unde the impression it wouldn't quite cut it. I have been driving round in my MY93 WRX for a couple of months now and know which cars not to mess with and that most boy racers will leave you alone in there hot hatches when your driving a scoob.

So to my surprise heading out of S****horpe onto the backroads I find a White Civic with blue neon under lights and totally blacked out windows irritatingly up my back end.

Normally i get quite annoyed finding myself in this situation with some boy racer in his Nova, wanting to show off, with a massive uneeded air scoop and find myself burying the gas and watching the aforementioned culprit diappear in the head mirror.

.....except this didn't happen, from 3,500rpm 3rd to redlining into fourth.....and all the way to redlining in 4th then been overtaken while changing into fifth!? Now i'm no Stig when it comes to racing changes and accelerating but i wouldn't say my run was slow, i was well pinned into the seat until was overtaken...

After was overtaken followed without lossing much ground, but still to be overtaken while acclerating hard in a 250bhp turbo car...

Has anyone else experienced this car or know who this guy is? Would like to find out what mad conversion he must be running! Is it you?
Old 27 June 2003, 04:45 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raced a red civic on the way down to bournmouth a last month.. i beat it in my 240bhp Uk scooby.. but not by that much...

Test drove a Type R ...and must say i was inpressed !

Gonna try hunting more down now that i have my STI..

Not that i condone racing.. or anything like that on british roads
(less its against TTs)

Honest