Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Professional Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2003, 07:28 PM
Gary A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok if you are a Truck driver, cabbie, courier etc what are your pet hates from other road users?
Old 15 May 2003, 07:38 PM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

peeps pulling out in front of me and causing my load to fall over and nissan f****n micras,they dawdle along at more than half the speed limited and stay in front of you for hours.and always when your in a rush the cause of the slow traffic is ALWAYS a nissan god damn bag o sh*te micra grrrrrrrrrrr[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 May 2003, 08:42 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

People who make their move at the last minute, suicide lane to exit ramp in one move. 44 Tonnes does not stop. I do not want some Tw@ts death haunting me for the rest of my life. Please leave me some room.
Old 15 May 2003, 08:58 PM
Scooby555 2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Tell me about it lads [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

One word sums up my pet hate .......

VOLVO
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 May 2003, 09:06 PM
IWantaScoobyNow
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, even though i only drive a little focus round. i work as an construction engineer so do a lot of travelling.
I hate the constant land changers, those that drive on your back bumper as if their life depended on it. even when there is no point as the traffic is slowing down anyway.
Just a few but thats my main hate.

Oh one more thing the vectras that rant it down the fast lane flashing you to pull in. Thats when I suddenly develop a sunday afternoon driving style.
Old 15 May 2003, 09:06 PM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Red face

Right then,

People who cut up the inside of artics on roundabouts and then moan when you take the front off their car !!

People who sit at 55mph on the motorway, when you try to overtake the speedlimiter kicks in and you're left sitting in the middle lane and then THEY speed up.

People who stop at roundabouts for no reason whatsoever - ok for them they have only 5/6 gears to worry about, trucks can have anything up to 16 !!!

Ok rant over, I'm just grateful that I don't drive a truck all day every day, I just manage fleets of them - Much respect to truck drivers everywhere !! (well, most of them anyway )

Rach
Old 15 May 2003, 09:31 PM
n one
Scooby Regular

Yes, all of the above!
Old 15 May 2003, 09:41 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

As a non-professional driver:

I hate professional drivers, taxi cabs etc, who although driving on the roads as part of their living, blatently ignore almost every rule of the road, and feel that they have a god given right to make manoevers without any form of signal!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 16 May 2003, 12:10 AM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Truck drivers. couriers, and cabbies, thinking they own the road.
Old 16 May 2003, 01:26 AM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

my only professional stint behind the wheel was driving an MPV ferrying conference delagates around, didn't acquire too many pet hates in that time (although repeating the same route over and over up to about 6 or 7 times a day used to do my fruit)

I think the one thing that really did my head in was the one delagate who was from somewhere in europe. He was so amazed at the concept of us driving on the other side of the road that he decided to lean into the middle of the MPV and take a photo - full flash! Damn thing blinded the hell out of me and all I can say is thank god we were on a straight bit!