Sponsored by:

Irritating ticks

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2003, 02:31 PM
Devils Advocate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

We all know them, we are happily driving along in our cherished Scoobies and drivers of particular vehicles feel that they have to drive like idiots presumably because they feel threatened by our very presence on the road.

They drive like idiots and cause danger to everyone on the highways, come it's time to name and shame, which vehicle drivers do we get harassed by the most, answers by return if you please!

[Edited by Devils Advocate - 5/13/2003 2:32:42 PM]
Old 13 May 2003, 02:39 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Wink

Reps in Mondeo/Vectra...obviously embarrased they can't afford a car of their own !
Old 13 May 2003, 02:41 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

A Ford Ka today, would you believe?
You have to admire some peoples optimism.
Old 13 May 2003, 02:43 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
spotty herberts in jazzed up novas shovelling coal in as fast as poss to keep the pressure up
Old 13 May 2003, 02:43 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

White van man (some of them at least) is increasingly getting in on the act. Dangerous realy as a fully loaded Ford Transit can cause a whole lot of damage.

No offence to those who drive carefully, must be said.
Old 13 May 2003, 02:45 PM
Devils Advocate
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I have found BMW X5 drivers a nuisance of late, probably as there are more of them on the road.

I am amazed at their optimism - yes they do have some grunt, but they are tanks after all, even something for the old Volvo 240 to be proud of!

[Edited by Devils Advocate - 5/14/2003 9:52:14 AM]
Old 13 May 2003, 02:48 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
I think an M5 will dust most standard scoobs in a straight line, probably on the bendy bits too!

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2003, 02:58 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

at least when they flash at u from 2mm off yer bumper u can admire their headlgiths thou
Si
Old 13 May 2003, 02:58 PM
Devils Advocate
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Not many 'standard' scoobs around though are there?

Judging by what I have witnessed I would have to say the X5 is a real handful, it lurches around all over the place any X5 driver who thinks they can match the Subaru is an accident just waiting to happen (as representatives from the local constabulary would say).

It's best to just let these idiots pass you by, chances are you'll see them further down the road where they have become unstuck.

[Edited by Devils Advocate - 5/14/2003 9:53:01 AM]
Old 13 May 2003, 03:15 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A well driven M5 would wipe the floor of most of our imprezas, especially once on the move
Old 13 May 2003, 03:31 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

A Red Honda Integra Type-R last Saturday night on the A58 Leeds to Halifax road, absolutely sileing down. Nice car, worst driver I've ever seen!

Deano
Old 13 May 2003, 03:54 PM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Oh, isn't everyone so proud of their scoob. Does anyone out there think that going fast, safely, has anything to do with the driver or just because you are driving a Subaru you are unbeatable???

I have had my Subaru for over 2 years now and to be fair, they are quick, however, a pal of mine in a 5 year old Elise can absolutley whip me down a country lane!!

I used to bait Subarus and cossies, etc etc in "lesser" cars before I owned the Subaru, mainly because I wanted to see a quick car being driven quickly. I would still challenge any Subaru to a duel with a 306 gti as my armour, admittedly not on a drag strip, but where is the fun in that.

My first car, a montego diesel estate, you would not believe how well that old tank could get around corners!!! Seriously.

Next time someone wants a challenge, don't mock because they have a "lesser" car, give them what they want. They want to be beaten and it shows how good a Scoob is. They have probably never been as fortunate as us to try one out and just want to see what it will do.

Did all you people get given a scoob the day you turned 17? I think not, did you never fancy your chances against a quicker car, just to prove the point that it is not the car that is quick? Or did you never want to actually see a quick car in action?

Old 13 May 2003, 04:48 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Unhappy

I only ever race against myself.

Would like to keep my licence in one piece

Greg
Old 13 May 2003, 05:14 PM
Andrewj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well said, Greg G.

What's the point in screwing your tyres, mpg and brakes, and possibly having your ego dented in the process.

These are superb cars to drive quickly and safely...you don't need to cane vectra-man to enjoy it.
Old 13 May 2003, 05:21 PM
eclipse
Scooby Regular

Tyres and brakes can be replaced, you don't buy a car like a scooby just to look at. They are meant to be driven fast otherwise why bother buying one you might as well drive a nova.
Old 13 May 2003, 08:29 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Wink

Dont get me wrong.
I love to give it some stick and hear the exhaust sing
I just like to do it on some nice twisties when its me, the car
and the road
When i catch someone up, i pass them, but i try not to have to
prove the car to anybody else.
If spotted by mr plod, you stand no chance if he thinks you
were racing.
Like i said.
I love my licence and my car too much

Greg
Old 13 May 2003, 08:39 PM
corsa boy
Scooby Newbie

I will allways race the scooby and cossie boys ,no matter what ,the feeling you get when you beat these so called fast cars is unreal ,sometimes they dont like to play ,dont know if its because im in a "crappy 1.4 corsa" or they dont like to be embarassed ? I once did one of the scoobs on a country lane race and the driver stopped me and couldnt believe it was just a normal corsa .
Old 13 May 2003, 08:49 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

hmmm, fake post above me thinks!
Its a fact "normal corsas" cant beat a scooby unless my nan is driving it
Old 13 May 2003, 09:02 PM
corsa boy
Scooby Newbie

No its not a fake post

This is what pi sses me off about you scobby lot, you think that you own the best cars in the world and are invincible,nothing can beat me ,when i said "beat" him what i meant was i kept up with him on the country road, and yes he was trying to loose me , i might only be 18 and drive a corsa ,but did you lot not race anything and everything when you were my age, and when i say normal it does have 16's, stainless exhaust ,and an induction kit so it far from being "normal",and other cosmetic changes.
Old 13 May 2003, 09:21 PM
SNAP
Scooby Regular

This happended last summer in France (it can surely only happen there). Following an M5, which was half sleep , on a fairly uphill road. Family on board, so I was driving quite sedately. Just as I gently overtake the M5, there is a Citroen 2CV - "De Ja Vo" in rear mirror, which also manages to over take the Beemer(NACRO, Beemer, etc). However, Juqcue is ambitious, and attempts to over take me too(Sti V5). Again, with family on board, I have no problem - go ahead. However, half way past he is suddenly engulfed in smoke and pulls over! I did stop to make sure he was OK. Many other incidents, but this was worthy of mention.

Old 13 May 2003, 10:04 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Corsa boy......why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join us on a scoob meet. If you're as good a driver as you think you are then you'll probably teach us a thing or two............................................... ..............................NOT !!!!!

Just have a bit o' fun mate....nothing wrong with a corsa and I hasten to add that it's probably a better car than most of our first cars.

Just one thing mate, I take it that you being on here is a sign that one day you'll own a scoob?

Skoosh - Never beaten by a corsa.
Old 14 May 2003, 10:01 AM
Devils Advocate
Scooby Regular

Apologies chaps, I meant X5 not M5 - M5 drivers are actually very restrained and mature (not commenting on age) drivers.

It's an easy mistake to make as all of these Beemers look alike (apart from the 7 series - ugly or what!), and now BMW sell more 3 series than Ford sell Mondeo's they are officially the new Cortina!

Anyway back to the thread, lets not get distracted by squabbles - the Corsa scenario is typical, I am sure even some drivers claimed they have bagged a faster car even when the other car is parked up !!

[Edited by Devils Advocate - 5/14/2003 10:04:00 AM]
Old 14 May 2003, 10:21 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

i tested the X5 as part of the driven audience & it is a very well poised BIG 4 by 4 & is without a doubt a much better road car than the likes of the range rovers etc & it does have pretty damn good performance c/o a fat engine etc. But that said it is still a big beast of a bar & u cant expect sumin so hefty to stop or handle quite as good as a meaty saloon (scoob) but is still a nice bit of kit although i did manage to pull a bit off the dash board, nice to aint just scooby interior that falls to bits lol
Si
Old 14 May 2003, 11:03 AM
Mr Gee
Scooby Regular

Wink

People who drive old Mercedes 190's/ C-Class / E-class. These snobs think they own the road cause they drive the 3 pointed star.....All other road going vehicles are lesser than them.
I got pulled over at a City safety check 3 weeks ago, along with a Mercedes. The officer went over to the Mercedes first and the owner got out the car. The first thing he said was ." But officer.....this is a Mercedes" I ended up laughing along with the officer.!!
Old 14 May 2003, 11:08 AM
mhawes
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not harrassed but generally crap drivers.....VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS, VOLVOS,