Sponsored by:

is scoobynet run by ze germans

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2003, 10:34 AM
Gaz Jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had a look on for sale.....

Read the sticky thread at the top. I can understand that commercial sales arent allowed.
Now then, in this wonderful land we live in we have the right to free speech. Well, no longer, according to the thread in the for sale column.

So let me get this right, lets say someone is selling a saxo vtr for £7000, yet in the trader they are going for as little as £2800 Im not allowed to tell someone this?

Am I right?

Gaz
Old 16 February 2003, 10:36 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't see the problem as long as you are not the dealer trying to sell it.
Old 16 February 2003, 10:45 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

I am sure that if there is a price difference in the Trader compared to what they are offering in the for Sale section, then I am sure that the seller will be fully aware of this.

After all, if I sell something I always check out the going prices of things before pricing what I am selling.

What you could do which is more constructive than just saying - I think you have overpriced your car or whatever - or words to that effect......is to offer the information that you can find other examples at a cheaper price and ask the buyer if they can justify their pricing. After all, what they are selling might well be worth paying the extra bit for!!!!

The warning in the For Sale section is to stop dealers from advertising and to prevent inflammatory postings by people who seem to want to slate people in an unconstructive fashion.

Hope this helps.

Michelle.
Old 16 February 2003, 10:49 AM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

[Edited by dhorwich - 2/16/2003 10:49:46 AM]
Old 16 February 2003, 10:52 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Not at all!!!!!!

Private sales is what the For Sale section is purely for. The warning just makes it plain and clear so that there is no excuse for misusing the forum.

Users can buy through Scoobyshop whether they are a Plus member or not. Plus members have the benefit of discount that is offered by companies who advertise their products through the Scoobyshop.
Old 16 February 2003, 11:07 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Being as that is a section that I currently mod at the moment, my interpretation (sometimes maybe seemingly draconian I'm sure ) is that everyone (not dealers ) should have the right to post something for sale without a hoard of people jumping on the thread & saying that it is overpriced cr@p. It may well be, but it is not constructive to do so. There is a thread recently for someone selling something that may or may not be well overpriced, but straight-away there were 3 or 4 postings from people totally un-interested in the item dissing the price & questioning the person's sanity

You wouldn't like it happening to you when you sold something & imagine if you were about to clinch a deal, say on a P1 for x amount and someone came in said it was too high, they seen one go down the road in better condition for 20% less etc etc and your buyer pulled out - would you not be hacked off?

We try and clamp down on obvious traders/dealers but everything else is a Private Sale. If the buyer & seller come to an agreement with which they are both happy, great. Simply put, if the item is priced well, it'll sell. If not it won't. Obviously the dissing poster won't be buying it, so they should just keep their council to themselves. If its a m8 who is about to make a mistake, PHONE him or EMAIL him (should have his details, him being a m8 ) but keep it off SN

So, please don't put disparaging or otherwise comments on another person's FS thread.

Thank you.

Old 16 February 2003, 11:30 AM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Anyway every time you reply you are giving them a free bttt and a view - best just let the rip off threads slide down the pages and let the sad owner give himself a long string of bttt's which make him look desparate and give everyone the opinion his stuff is overpriced and nobody is interested in it!
Old 16 February 2003, 11:40 AM
Gaz Jones
Scooby Regular

I understand, I stand corrected..........