ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2000, 04:54 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick note to say that I stayed behind a 355 spyder on the A1 from 0 to quite fast the other day (at a safe distance of course). Unbelievable noise from that thing but I was just impressed that to stay with him.

From a standstill we overtook fleets of cars that all saw him coming and moved out the way (ahh the respect for the prancing horse).

It wasn't high speed just acceleration, but wow I want one so much I even ditch the faithful WRX.

The guy pulled over to the middle lane and I sneaked past at 80mph. He even gave me a nod of respect. How nice.

Makes a change from the usual crap that chooses to race me.

I would hope the bloke thought the same about me though.

Perhaps I should get a 50K cheaper flat and buy a second hand LHD 355. Does anyone want to go into a car sharing pool?
Old 28 February 2000, 05:30 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

We're going to move out of London to somewhere a bit quieter and further away. I suggested using some of the equity in our flat to buy a LHD 355. Girlfriend not too impressed. "But it's sex on wheels" I say. "What do you need sex on _wheels_ for when you've got me?" she replies. I guess she just doesn't understand

They really are the business looks and soundwise. Even though I've never driven one, I still crave for one.

Oh and funny story - I have a piece of carbon fibre on my desk from a yellow 355 GTS F1. Some t****** rolled one (virtually brand new) after hitting a kerb in Kingston-upon-Thames last year. It really was a very sorry sight to see this written off 355 being roughly handled by the fire brigade as they tried to turn it back over and lift it onto a low loader. Apparently, the guy had been racing a porsche (in the towncentre of all places, dick***) which just drove off, and the car was on loan from the dealers while his own was beign serviced. The roll bar and windscreen had totally collapsed, but the driver got away with a broken arm.
Old 28 February 2000, 05:35 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

It was a GTS who cares they are for girls (apart from the driver, glad he survived relatively unscathed)

Real men (people to be PC) should only ever drive GTBs. Spyders are for posing. and GTSs are frowned upon in the ferrari commuinty (think I could hack it).

I watched someone lose the back of a s reg (new at the time) and stack it into a lampost. Normally I love the sound of a 355 but not when its going smack.
Old 28 February 2000, 05:51 PM
blp
Scooby Regular

My mates got a 355. Ive never heard the engine start (to cold). He never takes it out in the rain (to scared). He never drives a night (even more scared). He does 60 or so in 3rd (allegedly) and couldnt even take it round Brooklands (bottoms out).
Me, Ill stick the the WRX.
Old 28 February 2000, 08:12 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

My mates dad had a 355, had an interesting moment coming out of the dealer.
Accelerates out of roundabout (not harshly)
back end snaps out, spins and hits lamp post (luckily not hard)
Goes back to dealer who look over car (still roadworthy) turns out the muppets who serviced it had only put 5psi in one rear tyre
luckily dealer paid for repairs.