Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange people

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2002, 08:20 AM
Vanker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that people insist on parking next to my car, example this morning I park in an empty car park at work, 30 mins later I see a contractor has parked his van next to me with only just enough room to squeeze between the 2 vehicle. The rest of the car park is still empty so he had a vast choice of parking spaces. Of course I have now moved my car as I have no doubt he will be back & forth to his peice of sh1te.
I always try to park my car away from other people take up 2 bays at the super market etc. I often park well away from other cars but still people insist on parking 3 inches away from my car even when left in a huge field parked at an angle at my local garden centre. Its very odd. Yes I am elitest & yes they should all get into sex & travel.
Old 19 December 2002, 09:29 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Question

Yep, they must just like scoobs. I park as far away from the doors in the supermarket as I can (normally the end space) and garaunteed when i get back someone is next to me and there are another 15 - 20 spaces to the next car !

Old 19 December 2002, 11:49 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Everyone likes to be close to brilliance. Like moths to a flame.
Old 19 December 2002, 12:04 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

I always try to park next to a car that is better than mine so thieving scumbags are more likley to have a go at that rather than mine.
Old 19 December 2002, 12:05 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

Angry

i have boycotted all supermarkets.

this is after i saw a bloke clip a guys bmw with trolly on purpose.

the cars were in the pickup point at the entrance to tesco. you know they have the metal bollards in front but a cars nose will fit between? well this guy had parked like everyone else with the nose of his car protruding very slightly onto the walkway outside the front of said shop, as the cross hatched box was not long enough to fit the whole car into.

bloke says "ooh look at all these cars parked here - (clips car) opps sorry mate - should'nt be parked there anyway!"

my car was next in line and i am sure he would have delighted in scuffing my car also, i was fortunately waiting for turbo timer to finish. did'nt say anything but eyeballed him with the filthiest look. this attitude in front of his kids too!

i just got back in the car and said **** it - i mean i can get everything i need locally anyway. thats it - no more supermarkets in my scoob at least.

long and short of this is that, people opening cars doors onto cars is bad enough - but there is an element of malicious damage inflicted by scum as described and this is the last straw for me.

carelessness is bad but this type of incident makes me sick.

weava
Old 19 December 2002, 12:57 PM
Year One Racing
Scooby Regular

The British are a nation of sheep... Baa Baa

Look at our need to queue... !?!
Old 19 December 2002, 01:28 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

MW - I hope you followed him back to his car, took his reg no and left a note for the owner of the car he hit?

I would always do this for a fellow motorist as I hope they would for me!
Old 19 December 2002, 02:05 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

I always try to park next to a car that is better than mine so thieving scumbags are more likley to have a go at that rather than mine.
I tried doing that in April up here and finally found one and got parked in November
Old 19 December 2002, 02:07 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Vanker, everytime you take up 2 spaces at the supermarket etc,
you cause other people to bunch up, thus resulting in possible
damage to other people's cars!
You moan about this but YOU are the cause of the problem,
Top Tip, Leave your car at home in your garage, that way no one
can park next to it, and everbody else it happy too!!!!!!
Cheers Taffyboyo!
Old 19 December 2002, 02:54 PM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Angry

mista weava
I saw a similar incident in a station car park and although I don't want to get involved I do want some justice. I followed the offending person till they got into their own car, made a note of the number and stuck a note on the windscreen of the damaged car.
What ever you think of BMW drivers the least you can do is give them a chance of getting even!
Old 19 December 2002, 04:45 PM
markbluemica
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem the other night parked in toys r us in derby parked at the side of the shop not the front so there was no cars no where near me. Came out and my car was surrounded by the ******* they were that close I couldnt even get the kids in the car (checked doors for damage). What is it with people parking around subarus

Mark
Old 19 December 2002, 06:45 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I always park well away from others,or if i can't, i park beside something of similar quality that looks well looked after.if however i come back and some piece of sh*t is parked beside me or a car with a baby seat (mother getting baby out while her fat **** is pushing the door against yours)i check for any signs of damage.If there is damage then i would stove their door in,fortunately i 've been okay so far.
Old 19 December 2002, 07:22 PM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm embarrassed to say I've done that once. Walking towards my car 2 guys pulled in next to it and one of them opened their door onto the Legacy hard enough to mark the paint. I said, relatively calmly because they were big guys, excuse me you've just dented my car. His reply was priceless, 'hey man chill out it's only a little scratch' and despite my protestations they both walked off shaking their heads.
I think it was a Honda Accord
and I should explain I'm a calm rational family man in my thirties with a professional career and a positive community spirited outlook on life.
I kicked the **** out of the passenger door and drove home feeling disgusted with myself for loosing control like that.
I don't ever want that to happen again.
It's only a car.
R
Old 19 December 2002, 07:38 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Good on you, if it was the other car door you kicked in!!!
Nutter if it was your own!!!