Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

The Fast And The Furious, must watch film!

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 08:04 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Went on saturday night, excellent film quite a good story line, wont tell you if your planning to watching it, there was some hot cars and hot women! watched the making of it and they were saying that the cars in the film belong to people who do that every night, bit like the 200mph club in japan. thing that surprised me was there were no scoobys in it! they should of replaced that tuned VW vento that was in it for a scoob! anyway my girlfriend enjoyed it and she is ot into cars in the slightest, so must be worth a look. cheers Lee
Old 09 October 2001, 08:11 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

I liked it too, look beyond the cheese, and you have a really fun movie, with loads of nice Honda's, I mean, Jap mobiles.

My girlfriend loved it too. Bizare that, couldnt be anything to do with a certain Vin Diesel could it?

She even wants it on DVD, this from a girl who's never been <I>that</I> into cars, hmmmm.
Old 09 October 2001, 08:16 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Wink

Personally I thought the film was absolute crap !!!! Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though!!!!

I know that sounds like a contradiction but as long as you can remember it's just an excuse for lots of loud fast cars and women you can't go far wrong

I'll deffo buy the DVD when it's out 'cos I enjoyed it (but it's still a crap film )

Matt
Old 09 October 2001, 08:19 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah they are calculated buggers arent they! my girl friend suggests we buy it when it comes out! think i might take up weight training, that vin arrrgh. hell you must of enjoyed it, there were loads of hondas in it, yeah bit cheesey in places but its nice to see em making car films again. quite liked the one a few years ago with charlie sheen in it, similar story line but they were boosting cars, you know where cop falls for bad guys sister then get too freindly and helps bad guys. good though. cheers Lee
Old 09 October 2001, 08:23 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Matt do you always buy films that you thought were crap? i know what you mean but you dont go to watch a film like that for iteligent story or a real thriller. its just total petrol head stuff, thats me! Lee
Old 09 October 2001, 08:39 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

I cant comment too much on the influence of Vin Diesel on her decision that "we should watch that", I did, after all, convince her to watch Tomb Raider, for the, um, special effects

F & F is a really fun movie, and a definite must see for anyone into cars.
You have to be fair on the movie, it delivered everything it promised, no one went in their expecting Shindlers List, you got lots of hot cars, good action, and great driving, which is surely what you pay to see in a car movie.

I really enjoyed it, and give it a Movie Show 3 thumbs up.
Old 09 October 2001, 09:01 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Please tell me your joking AHHHHHHHHHH
I want that 2 hours of my life BACK! DONT EVER WATCH THIS HEAP OF S**TE FILM. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sigh... starting to calm down. seriously if you want to watch this sort of film go watch point break and imagine theres cars and hey presto. Lets face it any film that makes keanu reaves' acting look good must be really bad.
Old 09 October 2001, 10:08 AM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dizzy:
<B>Lets face it any film that makes keanu reaves' acting look good must be really bad.[/quote]

So how d'you explain the Matrix then?

Old 09 October 2001, 10:11 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

It's all down to opinion...But I thought the film was dreadful. I started to check my watch after the first 20 mins....
Old 09 October 2001, 10:18 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Okay Dizzy, but what were you expecting? did you see the trailer? why did you go and watch it, you mustve known what it would be like, so no, you cant have that 2 hours of your life back!!
In fact, you're going to lose another 3.5 hours of your life for being silly enough to go watch something you knew you wouldnt enjoy, as you are now ordered to watch AI.

You think watching cars is no fun huh? just wait until you've watched a random story about a robot boy with a faulty ECU, you'll be begging for a car chase scene.

Oh, and dont think you're getting any popcorn either, and make that 7Up a small, you are going to suffer!!
Old 09 October 2001, 10:18 AM
miggs
Scooby Regular

I have to agree it is a superb film the only cheesy bit was when the car is popping a wheelie (yeah right)have to say my wife was right into it i was very suprised will be buying on dvd

Lee the film you were talking about with charlie sheen was called NO MANS LAND another top film

Everyone just go and watch for yourselves and make your own mind up!!
Old 09 October 2001, 10:28 AM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I thought the film was really cool!

The car stunts were great but anyone who owns or has owned a Scoob will vouch that 140mph doesnt become such a blur outside and that in the time it took those nitrous, twin turbo cars to get to 140 a Scoob would of been banging off its rev limiter for about a minute! Although they were on public roads and none of us have ever seen 140 on them of course!

Another cool car movie is Gone in 60 Seconds which has all the best bits of Tomb Raider with really cool cars.

I so want a Shelby Mustang GT500!
Old 09 October 2001, 05:14 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

I agree with integra! you have to expect cheesey scenes but if you like cars, which i do alot! its cool. will be buying it anyway. why dont we have chicks like those at our meets! LOL at Jamie, defo no blur like that at 140 mph. Lee
Old 09 October 2001, 05:18 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Talking

It ROCKKKEDDDD

Old 09 October 2001, 06:33 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Haven't seen it yet but want to. One you really want to avoid apparently is Driver. It's got Slyvester stallon in it as a formula 1 driver so I guess that says it all really!
Old 09 October 2001, 07:29 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Top Film , really enjoyed it

Old 09 October 2001, 09:26 PM
monkeytennis
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Gets the thumbs up from me! Worth watching for the sounds some of those motors make.
Old 09 October 2001, 09:56 PM
2Scoobysnacks?
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Pete_UK99:
<B>One you really want to avoid apparently is Driver. It's got Slyvester stallon in it as a formula 1 driver so I guess that says it all really![/quote]

Wouldn't they have to lower the car onto stallone, as he certainly wouldn't be able to climb in

F'n'F was quite good, wonder if Honda sponsored it?
Old 09 October 2001, 10:00 PM
Spudgun GTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

i thought it was overrated poo. was the guy in the lead role gianluca vialli on steroids?
Old 09 October 2001, 10:31 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

I have only one comment on this film: any old nincompoop can go fast in a straight line!
Old 09 October 2001, 11:50 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

I love car films but this one SUCKED, if your girl likes Vim go see PITCH BLACK, superb film.
Old 09 October 2001, 11:59 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Watched it tonight, insult to my intelligence man!! having said that it did have its moments...............
Old 10 October 2001, 12:38 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by davyboy:
<B>Watched it tonight, insult to my intelligence man!![/quote]

But what were you expecting!!!!????

I believe the real insult to your intelligence, would be the fact that you knowingly went and watched a movie that you knew you would deem an insult to your intelligence.

Old 10 October 2001, 12:38 AM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pitch Black was very average, funny how film taste varies isn't it.

F&F did exactly what it said on the tin. Top enterntainment, fast cars all that guff. Didn't require a degree in psychology like a lot of films these days. There aren't enough, no brainer, full fun films round at the mo. Blade for example, classic!

I'm getting F&F on DVD too, my girly didn't mention the Vin Man, but then I got bigger arms than him anyways.

Lovely stuff.

[This message has been edited by Tim_P (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 12:41 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

"but then I got bigger arms than him anyways"

Yeah, well Ive got a bigger *** than him anyways, my arms could use a bit of work though

Edit: for ***, please read "imagination".

[This message has been edited by IntegraR (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 12:09 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by LEE P:
<B>Matt do you always buy films that you thought were crap?[/quote]

Not usually but in this case I'll make an exception....(because it's entertaining crap) (and it's got cars in it)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>I know what you mean but you dont go to watch a film like that for iteligent story or a real thriller. its just total petrol head stuff, thats me! Lee[/quote]

Me too

Matt

[This message has been edited by mutant_matt (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 03:35 PM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Talking

Top Film but wasn't it just "Point Break" without the surfboards...? - Vin Diesel/Patrick Swayze - same person?

I guress the reasons there was no Scoobs was the fact that the US cars are all 2.5litre non-turbos - and it was a kinda "Turbo-orientated" film

The proper Scoobs (!) never got sold in the US did they?

Russ

Old 10 October 2001, 04:30 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Nope Russ, Honda Civics arent normally Turbo Charged, nor are Tegs, or VW Passats, but they were there.

Probably not there because the only sporty Impreza's they have are those funny looking new ones
Old 10 October 2001, 11:48 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well its obviously love it or hate it, i didnt go for mental stimulation, just to see cars and...well it kept us on the edge of our seats in places. its like when we went to watch american pie just because the film we wanted was fully booked, people were walking out after ten minutes, turned out it was one of funnyiest light hearted films ive seen. american pie 2 here we come! Lee
Old 11 October 2001, 01:30 AM
MyDreamCar
Scooby Regular

Spudgun?? - why do u ask if he was on steroids?? - why is it that all us Bodybuilders - who eat 6 or 7 meals a day and work our butts off in the gym are automatically labelled as steroid monsters!!Of course we have big muscles - we train them!!
&lt;&lt;off my soap box now!!!
Phil (Body builder and scooby fiend - wow the petrol costa even more than the protein powder!!!)

Quick Reply: The Fast And The Furious, must watch film!