Sponsored by:

Jag XJ220, silly fast car!

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2001, 03:05 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was just at the top of Longtail Hill on Sat about midday nattering on the phone when I was passed by said beast, determined to show him what Scoobs are made of I set off and followed him up the Crook road. For those of you who don't know this road, its about 7miles of V twisty A road (fantastic). Scoob was on song and I stayed with him, right on his bumper So far not very impressed with this so called "super Car". However, when we reached the roundabout at Kendal, and joined the dual carriageway, things went sadly wrong. I have never, ever seen anything move as fast as that. He made me look like I was pedaling the Scoob. Decent driver though he slowed right up further on so I could catch him up for a better look at the car.
Old 23 September 2001, 03:14 PM
Scooby_Killer
Scooby Regular

Good job you were not racing my cossie then?? LOL
Old 23 September 2001, 03:21 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

saw one a few years ago , when twr took over selling them, yellow, massive but coming towards me so didnt get to see just how quick they are
mark
Old 23 September 2001, 07:06 PM
andym172
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Jeremy Clarkson reviewed one a few years ago. I remember commenting on the huge turbo lag but when the turbo kicked it the car really flies, so much so that the radio popped out of the dash and flew to the back of the car.

I've loved the look of them since I was a child and hoped to own one someday, but having read a few reviews on them I think I'll leave it at just a childhood dream. The F40 and the Veyron have now taken its place
Old 23 September 2001, 08:27 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Talking

We all know how fast the Scoobies make as point to point cars, but racing somthing that'll accellerate to 100 about 3 seconds after a P1 will to 60 is bound to leave egg on our Scooby's bonnets!

XJ220's have always been my favourites out of anything, I've only seen them at shows and I sat in one once in a Jaguar Garage but i wish i was in your car then!
Old 23 September 2001, 08:30 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

... No actually I wish I was in his car!

Old 23 September 2001, 08:33 PM
dave h
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by C h a z:
<B>I was just at the top of Longtail Hill on Sat about midday nattering on the phone when I was passed by said beast, determined to show him what Scoobs are made of I set off and followed him up the Crook road. For those of you who don't know this road, its about 7miles of V twisty A road (fantastic). Scoob was on song and I stayed with him, right on his bumper So far not very impressed with this so called "super Car". However, when we reached the roundabout at Kendal, and joined the dual carriageway, things went sadly wrong. I have never, ever seen anything move as fast as that. He made me look like I was pedaling the Scoob. Decent driver though he slowed right up further on so I could catch him up for a better look at the car.[/quote]

Old 23 September 2001, 08:47 PM
dave h
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by C h a z:
[B]
Hi guys you might think i am bull****ting you hear but i work for a very wealthy man who owns a xj220 and my heart breaks every time the chauffer takes it out wishing it was me. I have had the pleasure in going out in it and after owning a modded cossie it made the ford look quite tame but at least i could get the shopping in the cossie :-)
Old 23 September 2001, 09:25 PM
blf21
Scooby Regular

Talking

Saw one today too!

Let it overtake before the Tesco's round about in Abingdon. Didn't realise they were so big...
Old 23 September 2001, 11:59 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hiya Chaz! xj 220 is a big car for crook road!! you lads were pushing it on a sat afternoon, great road but its a 40 mph speed limit the full lengh of it!! and its not uncommon to see the busys on there! thought you were trying to stay away from the law? Hee Hee Lee
Old 24 September 2001, 10:13 AM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Red face

Ah, yes, well, (cough) erm, hmmm.

I need a haircut, must be going now.
Old 24 September 2001, 11:58 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

LOL! dont worry chaz i wont report you! i like that road too! but never do more than 39.98 mph! honest officer. how many points ya got now? dont go to short on haircut they might think you have stolen it! lee
Old 24 September 2001, 06:02 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I used to work for the company that did the solaris support for Jaguar, and spent a lot of time at the 3 Jag sites in Cov and Brum. They have a compound at the Whitley site in Coventry full of wrecked XJ220's, XKr's and XK8's etc, it is a most disturbing sight especially as for some reason they are all painted yellow and have those little black and white circles stuck on them.
Old 24 September 2001, 06:41 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Red face

I'm still waiting on the postie to return my documents, so I still don't know if it's gonna be points or a ban.
Old 24 September 2001, 08:27 PM
General Panic
Scooby Newbie

Cool

I took my 22B to the inaugrial launch of the EVO magazine. I was too excited to drive arround the Golden Square to attract Chris Evans attention. An XJ220 driver lasted 10 minutes of the square before his car over heated.

Meaden and co voted the 22B with Scoobysport exhaust the most desiraqble "town car"

(Unless you live in Seattle )