Sponsored by:

Still smiling!

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2002, 09:35 AM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Spent most of yesterday driving my heavy, slow, ugly MY01 WRX on A roads, B roads and motorway and all I can say is I still love it to bits!!!! Had it for a year now and everywhere I go in it, people stare and tug their friends coats sleeves telling them to have a look. The only place I see them slagged off is on here. Oh well, maybe I should find an enthusiasts site.....
Old 27 October 2002, 10:06 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Spot on Dan
Old 27 October 2002, 10:11 AM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

yeah I know the feelin...
its so embarrassing driving such a butt ugly car around with a stupid rally car sounding de-cat exhaust

I think its time to sell this shed and buy a beautiful Ford or one of the other bland repmobiles. Or maybe I should have bought an OLD shape scooby?

Nah, I'll stick with the my02WRX 'cos its only worth 50p now the MY03 is due out.

Bob

[Edited by WRXBOB - 10/27/2002 10:13:44 AM]
Old 27 October 2002, 12:37 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Spot on BOB,
Just took my Stiv7/UK around Donnington and it's then that you really realise just how good it is 135mph to 40ish in afew yards for the chicane before pit straight, it doesn't get much better (legally anyway)

Hawkeye
Old 27 October 2002, 03:29 PM
andrewh
Scooby Newbie

Not having a go at scoobies or anything but i'd take a new 330 bmw over the above scooby anyday of the week. If you take away the spoiler alloys and bonnet intake all you are really left with is a bland looking car with an ugly front end tacky interior and jap badge.

Ok the 330 may not have it beat especially in the twisties but it would give it a good run for it's money.

As an overall package bmw, lexus, merc, etc high end rep mobiles certainly make more sense and have a better reputation, not to mention more desirerable than your bug eyed lump.

[Edited by andrewh - 10/27/2002 4:16:32 PM]

[Edited by andrewh - 10/27/2002 4:16:50 PM]
Old 27 October 2002, 03:48 PM
Bexlee
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree with Dan4 more, and andrewh comes along to prove one of your points! (or did Dan4 use another user name?)
Old 27 October 2002, 03:49 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one Bob! is that bunny putting two fingers up at "classic" owning new age knockers? Truth is I`ve had tweenies to OAP!.... honest! admiring my motor, my choice, my car, so I don`t bother about the people who knock it. I do find it a shame though that the only people who are critical seem to be on this net. I wonder why?.
The other Bob
andrew..not having a go at Scoobies? "bug eyed lump"???? all in one paragraph, very accurate and informative comment.... on your mentality perchance?.
edited by me, because I just thought again about andrew`s remarks.

[Edited by Active - 10/27/2002 3:56:47 PM]
Old 27 October 2002, 03:50 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

I don't think you can get a new 328 anymore.

Won't bother with the rest

Bob - your car looks really nice IMO

Old 27 October 2002, 03:55 PM
Bexlee
Scooby Regular

Active- my thoughts exactly re BOB's bunny
Old 27 October 2002, 04:12 PM
andrewh
Scooby Newbie

Like i said i aint having a go at scoobies it's just that bob is going on about a £10-15k ford which is a rather poor rep mobile. Don't get me wrong i like the looks of the 1999 22b for example but the above car looks like a tarted up rep mobile with a dodgy front end. Ok it has a good engine turbo etc but you are paying over £20k for the privilige. If your cars have to be new and your a sucker for the latest thing then fair enough but you could get a 98 M3 evo for about half of what some of you guys spend on these things. Wake up and smell the coffee guys you are classed generally as rally enthusiasts and subaru have made an affordable version of their cars for you to attempt some of the stuff seen on tv but some of you can't handle your cars and will end up with a write off like pathfinders. It makes me laugh when some of you guys post things like "i saw jason plato in a new M3 and i drooled" or "i got wooped by an m3" Your scoobies are envied by max power types and rally fans. The scoob is a good vechile but has a very small fan base compared to high end bm's etc that offer an alltogeher better package especially in the used market place.

[Edited by andrewh - 10/27/2002 4:17:41 PM]
Old 27 October 2002, 04:26 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

A quick look on Autotrader shows the cheapest M3 EVO (that isnt stolen recovered or very high miles) to be a 97 P with 81,000miles for £12.5k. Most are a lot more than that.

So you don't like the look of the new shape scoob? So what? Don't buy one then. You have no right to slag off someone else's motor though.

Your comments about some cars getting written off apply equally, if not more so, to ageing M3's.

BMW's are in a totally different marketplace to Subaru's so what are you babbling on about? Both are good examples of their type, end of story.

Old 27 October 2002, 04:38 PM
Bexlee
Scooby Regular

Not having a go at Scoobies or anything...high end rep-mobiles are more desirable than your bug-eyed lump.

Like I said I aint having a go at scoobies...the above car looks like a tarted up rep mobile with a dodgy front end.

andrewh - feel free to have a go at Scoobs (and Scoobynet is a good place to do this ) but why start by stating you're not having a go? Anyway, dan4's original post was pointing out that the only place his MY01 is slated is on Scoobynet, which you then go & do!
Old 27 October 2002, 05:21 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

AndrewH - each to their own...
I was going to purchase a BMW 330 untill my business partner went for a test drive in a WRX & I went along too. As soon as I came back from the test drive I ordered a Euro import WRX and saved a small fortune on what the beemer was gonna cost.
For me, I like a drivers car, and that's what the WRX is. Where as the BMW is, well its a BMW, and thats why most people buy them for the cudos of owning a BMW.
And I wasn't comparing the WRX to a 10-15k Ford as such, but as Euro imports are £16k and UK cars now £18k its a fair comparison.
What I didn't expect when I got the scooby was all the attention it attracts on the road, and from people of all ages! But when a BMW drives past, no one notices cos they are so bland.

and Andrew, thanks for reminding me I drive a tarted up piece of Jap junk, for a minute there I was dreaming I had a nice motor

Bob (happy to be driving a japmobile)
Old 27 October 2002, 05:29 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Bexlee,

Exactly my point!! I love MY car, I don't give a monkees about the knockers. I bought it because I like the looks (no I don't wear glasses) and I love the way it drives, the waves I get from other Scooby drivers, the feeling I get when I tuck it in at night.... Errrr. Anyway, not me posting under another name, and the original post was "I like my Sccob", not "Please bash them and tell me what REP mobile to get".

Dan4
Old 27 October 2002, 05:34 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with all the above. I do like the 3 series, and although it is by far the best driving machine in the 3 series range to date, the older ones had a uniqueness and something special about them. Now the 3 series all look alike from the 316 to the 330 and it has taken the place of the Mondeo as the choice of the company car driver (meaning that there are millions of them on the roads).
Old 27 October 2002, 05:36 PM
boushka
Scooby Newbie

andrewh

u got the wrong bbs sonny as this is for guys & gals who LIKE scoobs

u wud be more at home here-

ImmatureW4nkers

a newbie with no email addy in the profile is just a spammer

have a nice day y'all

[Edited by boushka - 10/27/2002 5:39:03 PM]
Old 27 October 2002, 05:53 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Smile

On my drive to London down the M40 I reckon I see more BM's than Fords these days. My boss has an M3 and it looks ok and drives well but it doesn't have the character of the Impreza. The older M3's seem to be able to put their power down better too, eg, on roundabouts the new one gets left by the much less powerful older M3.

BTW, great pic, makes me very pleased I've ordered mine in silver :-)

Mike
Old 27 October 2002, 05:56 PM
Sc00by P1
Scooby Regular

Andrewh...

"Not having a go at BMW`s or anything" but come off it mate, How many BMW`s do u see daily?? I drove to Oxford from Newbury last week, and to make a point to my mate, counted Beemers I passed on my way....counted 68 before I even got half way!!
Saw about 3 Scoobs...Says it all really....And come on, do u really think Max Power Brigade could really afford a Decent Scoob?? Deographics of Scoob owners?: All sorts mate, from Barristers to builders, we`re not all Rally driver wannabe`s !!

If u`d take a 330 anyday...take it...go on...

I`ve got nothing against Beemers, but "common as muck" springs to mind...whereas Scoobs...it`s always a pleasure to see one when you`re out. And IMO the Vast majority of Scoob owners are true car enthusiasts, who will always help other scoob owners out...u sort of join a Club when u buy a scoob...And Scoob owners are the friendliest bunch...unlike pompus old Farts who think they own the Roads!!

Thank You

WRXBOB....Beautiful Motor

Steve

Old 27 October 2002, 06:06 PM
Richard Groves 1
Scooby Newbie

Look you guys do what I do have a 330 sport for work and a 22b for the weekend.

Problem solved
Old 27 October 2002, 06:37 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL at RG.

Andrewh, you've missed the point m8. There are not many people on here who will list looks as a priority when choosing a car.

People who choose their cars for the way they look include hairdressers, teenage girls (no direct experience here, just an assumption ) and other 'experts'.

With scoobs, you either get it or you don't.
Old 27 October 2002, 11:20 PM
boushka
Scooby Newbie

[Edited by boushka - 10/27/2002 11:22:28 PM]