Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OI! Pick on someone your own Power/Weight !

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2001, 08:30 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Having just left Hagley on the Worcester Road back towards Worcester last night, I found myself behind an Audi S4.

Leave a respectful distance and trundle on at 59.9mph

Get around a corner, he's still doing 59.99999mph and there's no traffic ahead of him or coming toward us. Road markings are broken white lines. I decide that he's obviously happy where he is and overtake him. Shortly afterward I then have to slow up to 30mph for a village.

Matey-Boy is now trying to give me an Audi-Enema ! I don't quite know how I'd irked him or whether he'd been goading me into passing him just so he could have some "fun".

Out of the village, into second and goodbye Audi...ish. He's coming on strong, so I keep my toe in and rack up the gears. Slow up for a sharp right hander between some nasty stone, and then hard on the throttle again.
Found some traffic and re-engaged brain. He decided discretion was the better part of valour and gave me plenty of room.

Let's just say Mr. Audi was in with a good shout, only to be expected with 270bhp and 296lb/ft torque vs. 220(ish) bhp and lbs/ft...But 1600KG vs. 1200KG....

I don't condone such acts - Only I was rather concerned with the fact that he was so close that I could not have braked at all without causing a bump.

****!
Old 04 September 2001, 12:53 AM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

heya squizz, sounds like it might have been me, what was the reg of the audi?

I know the road, I travel it home regulary
I cant believe I was doing 60 only, but there you go.

you overtook on a stretch 300 yards long, where you have only one chance of going or not, and in the distance theres a 30 sign, so generally not a lot of point, and since you over took at 60, therefore reached 80 I would imagine to get passed in the distance, you would have slammed on the brakes right in front of the audi in order to get back to 30.
this I think is what you did to annoy the driver, he didnt drive to close, he was recovering from slamming his brakes to avoid your move

and if it WAS me (?) I never go to 30 anywhere, and that village was a 50 until this summer, and doesnt need this limit, I often go though it at 50 -60 at least and only slow for the busy crossroads - if there is some traffic, I always bomb down the hill - theres 1/2 a mile to overtake there if your that desperate.

moral of the story - dont overtake on the speedlimit approaching a 30 then slam your brakes as you pull back in, it pees people off (especially when the car is question matches your power (and exceeds your driving ability)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Squizz:
<B>Having just left Hagley on the Worcester Road back towards Worcester last night, I found myself behind an Audi S4.

Leave a respectful distance and trundle on at 59.9mph

Get around a corner, he's still doing 59.99999mph and there's no traffic ahead of him or coming toward us. Road markings are broken white lines. I decide that he's obviously happy where he is and overtake him. Shortly afterward I then have to slow up to 30mph for a village.

Matey-Boy is now trying to give me an Audi-Enema ! I don't quite know how I'd irked him or whether he'd been goading me into passing him just so he could have some "fun".

Out of the village, into second and goodbye Audi...ish. He's coming on strong, so I keep my toe in and rack up the gears. Slow up for a sharp right hander between some nasty stone, and then hard on the throttle again.
Found some traffic and re-engaged brain. He decided discretion was the better part of valour and gave me plenty of room.

Let's just say Mr. Audi was in with a good shout, only to be expected with 270bhp and 296lb/ft torque vs. 220(ish) bhp and lbs/ft...But 1600KG vs. 1200KG....

I don't condone such acts - Only I was rather concerned with the fact that he was so close that I could not have braked at all without causing a bump.

****! [/quote]

Old 04 September 2001, 01:13 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hiya Squizz,
i normally find you get alot of idiots in aud's just like the one going over the pennines with the large queue of traffic, wrong side of the road (and he started off behind me! )car coming towards him, 6 cars still left to pass so he decides to pull infront of a MY00 sport and brake hard! to55er.
S220z,
Isnt it a little silly to be doing 50-60 in a 30 zone? its people like you that kill innocent kids etc, you say that "(especially when the car is question matches your power (and exceeds your driving ability)" hmmmm i think less than 10 meters stopping distance and 40 meters stopping distance means that you were also beyond your abilities and put too much into your car.
Dont slate people who come on here and have a whinge then you go around thinking your gods gift to driving when your not (especially in a 30 zone )

Tony
Old 04 September 2001, 01:46 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

&lt;POLITE&gt;

Either it was you, and you remember the incident...Or it wasn't...

Well, let's just say if it felt like I'd pulled in front only to slam my anchors on in front of "him", then I apologise - It certainly wasn't my intent. However, I'd put a rather large gap between the two vehicles knowing about the village ahead.

When I decide to overtake, I intend to spend as little time as possible on the wrong side of the road, so I expect I was "moving"!

The village in question used to be 40, and thanks to having a busy junction in it has now been reduced to 30. Rightly so.

I deal with all villges and restricted limits as indicated. My father is a policeman, and I know better than to drive Audi-stylee through them. If that was the case why didn't "he" overtake me in the village? I wasn't going anywhere fast...

De-restricted sections? Then I drive as I find the conditions. I found them clear, and drove quickly - When I found other traffic, I drove accordingly.

"(especially when the car is question matches your power (and exceeds your driving ability)"

Touche'

Let's just agree to disagree, and if I see a blue S4 anywhere near there I'll give him a wide berth.

&lt;/POLITE&gt;
Old 04 September 2001, 01:49 PM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

I suggest you visit the junction in question.

its a 30, where there are 2 houses, no schools no pavements, no traffic, no point being 30.

and yes, I go above 30 if I can see its safe to, and slow when its not, Im not stupid, I dont take risks beyond the cars or my limits.

I am replying to the guy who thinks overtaking and slamming brakes is acceptable when clearly it isnt.
Old 04 September 2001, 01:55 PM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

squizz, thanks for the reply, mines not blue!

I have seen the guy in question and yes, he drives like an idiot!!

I agree with you on the driving to the conditions in unrestricted, but I apply that to all roads, with added caution where speed limits apply
Old 04 September 2001, 02:29 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I know know, I've seen what you drive like s200z.

Right pillock if I remember correctly
Old 04 September 2001, 02:32 PM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

ha ha kranz, if your good at driving, how come your unix skill sare so bad?
Old 04 September 2001, 02:32 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

least I can spell.

I tell you. Audi drivers. All the same.

Old 04 September 2001, 02:48 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Right... "Are we cool, then?"

so s200z, what colour Turbo-Nutter S4 should I really be looking out for?

Just for future reference?

Old 05 September 2001, 11:15 AM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

Cool

yeah cool. look out for a silver one at 5:45 daily ( reg STV600R) or a red Y plate bike usually overtaking everything (the bike that is) I will give you a wave.

and kranz, keep that green imprezza deisel with the WRX body kit on the pavement where it belongs....
Old 05 September 2001, 11:20 AM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Cool

stooz,

blaah, blaah blaah, blaah blaah, blaah.

That's the sound of our car as it leaves in my rear view mirror

BTW, stooz is selling his S4 cause he prefers his other more manly car. The volvo 340 deluxe . lol!
Old 05 September 2001, 11:28 AM
s200z
Scooby Newbie

Wink

340 deluxe . lol![/B][/QUOTE]

or maybe its to fund the ducati, which is the real reason

or is it cuz Im fed up being stuck behind your
4 cylinder farm car D.Kranz?
Old 05 September 2001, 11:30 AM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Cool

The only way you'll be able to pass = buy a ducati.

I can take that