Sponsored by:

Anyone here have PPL(H) or CPL(H)

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2002, 02:02 PM
vel boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I would like to get some flying lessons in helicopters; I know about the training and the costs.

What I would like to know it what do I need to do before starting training.

I belive I need a medical Cert from an AME a certain class for a PPL and another class for CPL not sure about what the classes are.

Do I need to register with some body like the CAA; where can I get the forms for registration.

Old 11 October 2002, 07:25 PM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check out:

http://www.pprune.org/
Old 10 November 2002, 07:15 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I have an ATPL (H). As far as I'm aware, for a PPL you only need a class 2 medical. I'm not sure what the requirement for a BCPL is (if there is such a thing with the new JAR ops), but if you want to fly commercially at a level above that, you'll need a Class 1.

The CAA have a web site, www.caa.co.uk/index.asp will take you there. There's quite alot of information there, but it's not all terribly easy to find. There are plenty of phone numbers though, so I suggest you call a department such as Flight Crew Licensing, and they'll be able to tell you what the requirements are for each license. If you've got somewhere in mind for your training, then they should be able to answer all your questions anyway. I trained with Cabair at Cranfield. You don't necessarily have to go ahead and train with them, but they could answer plenty of questions too. I could dig out a phone number if you wanted. It must be here somewhere.

[Edited by Ex_Pug - 10/11/2002 7:17:14 PM]