Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new revenue generators on the M6 in brum?

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2001, 07:57 AM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

ppl,

As part of my daily commute I have to trundle along the M6 from J6 - J8. There are loads or roadworks at the moment, but this morning I was looking up at those little bridges that cross the road with the flashing speed signs on them and saw WHAT LOOKED LIKE SPECS CAMERA's. They were like minature versions of the ones that they had in nottingham (a little camera with 2 circular pods either side with lenses or something in them)..

they show speed camera signs in the roadworks but I only noticed the camera's this morning. There are definatly at least 3 northbound and I thing I saw another one southbound, but I was so busy trying to keep to 40(???) on the motorway I nearly not pasted by 2 trucks!

anyone have any more news? are they real or fake? only last night I was driving home at higher speed on that stretch...

*ps*
what really pissed me off is that last week a kid got run over outside his school and nearly killed. When the police were asked if they intended to place speed camera's outside the school it was commented that it was not "a viable option due to tight cost control".

cheers, guv! nice to see you look out for ALL of us..
Old 20 July 2001, 07:08 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

Cool

HI
I TOO was very fed up about that poor kid.The school has been moaning for years that someone would get killed.1000+ kids all piling out onto a dual carriageway,buses, mums and dads all = an accident just waiting to happen.very Bad school design. but you wait they virtually close the road now.

Anyway just another comment 4 cars have been car-jacked in brum area in last 10 days.
Latest one was an audi TT.sounds like the same 2 blokes taking them at gunpoint.the last one the guy was dropping off his girlfried, forced them out at gunpoint and then they reveresed into her breaking her leg .plod has got the car back.
So if you are in brum be very careful in your car.
Old 20 July 2001, 09:55 PM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Hi Navigator

Any idea of the times/locations of the jackings?

I'm in brum most days but don't live local so miss the local papers. Would be interested just to compare with my normal activities.

Phil
Old 21 July 2001, 01:52 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

Cool

from what i heard on the tv one was around the aston area ( a merc)and one towards sandwell so it appears to be north and west of the centre.I think the jokers(!!) who do it drive an almeria but i may have miss-heard the news as i only caught the last bit.if i find any more facts i'll post them.
Old 21 July 2001, 06:53 PM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Red face

Thanks - that's a bit too close for me - I'll keep an eye open.

Phil
Old 21 July 2001, 08:34 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

Angry

whoops made a mistake about the almeira nothing to do with the 2 ********* who are hijacking cars by gun point.
there does not seem to be any particular time to there stupidity. the merc was pinched early morning in rush hour traffic and the audi late at night.