Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru R/C Cars & a Question to Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2002, 04:32 AM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here with r/c car racing experience?
I want to buy a 1/10 EP kit and I want to know whether the Schumacher SST Rally Subaru is any good.
Btw, what sort of offense by a poster will lead him/her to be banned from the board? Cross posting? Obscene language? Racist or sexist remarks? I came across this r/c car board & sort of wanted some advice on choosing a car, I ended up being thrown out by the admin!!
The reason of me being banned is claimed to be cross posting, but in fact I posted 1 msg each on the different kit makers' section (i.e. I posted a msg here asking which brake upgrade is the best in the brake section, then 1 msg in the drivetrain section which engine mod, then 1 msg on the interior section asking which upgrade is the best etc.), asking their opinions on different cars.
What gets me is the REAL reason behind my ban, it's cos I mentioned that I can get a kit from USA much cheaper than here, & this infuriated the admin. It's just like someone here telling others that u can get a 02WRX for £16xxx from Europe, then get thrown out of the board cos of that. The admin got really personal too, I thought his remarks were rather offensive. It seems their attitude towards me potentially buying things overseas were 10 times more high handed than IM toward ppl buying greys. I mean, I didn't flame anyone or attack others. Anyway, whenever I asked for advice, ppl just tried to flog their old gear to me, without really answering my question.
The full story is here:

http://www.rcracechat.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB28&Number=6214&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

If u read it, u'll find it ridiculous, laughable even. Anyway, at least some ppl supported me.
Old 20 March 2002, 03:45 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Just got word that the individual who supported me got banned by the same forum.
Guess what, I've just earned a lifetime ban from them for using another user name to post a totally unrelated subject.
Real cretins I say.
Old 20 March 2002, 03:49 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

That's ridiculous, let's all swamp the board with similar questions and see how much admin time it takes to ban us all? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Clarence.

Ian Gratton (Hippy) is into this, he races regularly and does quite well from what I gather, if he doesn't reply drop me a mail and I'll pass it onto him for you.

Mike.
Old 20 March 2002, 06:38 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Thx, as the saga unfolds, I've never seen such attitude & behaviour from anyone like that in my whole life!!! I'm just disgusted by the whole thing & by ppl's accusations there.
I didn't want to post anymore on that board but I was forced to post one last time. Here's why:

http://www.rcracechat.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB33&Number=6290&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

All I can say is that I expected that board to be similar to Scoobynet & I found out that isn't the case. After this experience, I think we should all work hard to keep this board running as it is. Afterall, these forums are a channel for communication & a place for relaxation.
Old 20 March 2002, 06:55 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

lol- that is the maddest bbs i have ever seen!!!
Old 20 March 2002, 07:09 PM
foldertronics
Scooby Regular

Hahahah - that was so funny, and then the second one giving you the life time ban was just to much. Thoses guys over there need to chill. Almost worth signing up to flame the admin/moderator.
Hope you enjoy your car Clarence!
Old 20 March 2002, 07:13 PM
Karlos Fandango
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ooooooooohhhh Flashback!!!!!

I live locally to Snetterton and after watching some pro's racing around on their r/c track i bought a yokomo gt4. I looked around and found this board and all started well, BUT still managed to get banned after my first post!!!!

Another user was passing on some info about dodgy suppliers and the moderator took exception, especially when I gave the person backup(slander, libel etc were bounded about!!!) . It resulted in me being accused of being the original poster being banned and having a number of 'very' personal emails from the moderator.

When the tw@t realised we were different people he was still unable to offer an apology. The fools a jobsworth, as he runs the site he thinks he's untouchable, don't waste your time with him, I haven't!!!

Try www.hpiracing.com and as for scoobynet don't change it!!! I haven't found another board that keeps me coming back and laughing so much.

Cheers all

Karl
Old 20 March 2002, 07:25 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

URL doesn't seem to work.......

Matt
Old 20 March 2002, 07:54 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Yes, just found out he took away all my posts.
Basically what happened was I posted 3 questions, 1 asking for opinions on different cars, 2 on motors & the last on on bodyshells.
I got a slap on my wrists for mentioning the fact that I can get xxx cheaper in xxx, then the admin just went ballistic & said if I ever mention I can get a car cheaper elsewhere again, I'll be banned w/o notice. So I just tried to get things calm down & explain my situation. After that post, I promptly got banned. Some guy in the same thread supported my stance also got banned. I feel sorry for him. That's not the end of the story.......
I posted my last question under the name 'Senna', asking a question regarding bodyshells. The admin found out it was me & went to attacking me using that username, then some guy joined in & said basically the same thing. I thought enough is enough so I posted my last ever msg there, stating that I didn't contravene the forum's written rules & I didn't behave badly towards ppl there & I'm perplexed at the reason of me being banned. I took their criticism of me using Senna's name very personally, as I absolutely admired the great guy. I just stated that Senna himself is a r/c enthusiast & it isn't an insult to use his name blah blah blah. My parting shot was that I thought the r/c community is a friendly one & ppl tend to help each other, but after this I'm very disappointed & I'm sick of their msg board, but I did mention that not all ppl there are bad as some are very nice & helpful to me.
U know, after I read the written rules in the hpi board, what they are doing in that stupid board there is exactly opposite to what hpi is trying to do. Hpi categorically states that it's important to attract newbies & to help them.
I regret the fact that I didn't save those threads, as I guess it can be treated as some sort of comic farce for everyone to relax on . Anyway, some of u guys here did saw it & ur reactions speaks for itself.
Thx for ur time.
(Don't worry, I don't intend to stop posting in Scoobynet).
Old 20 March 2002, 08:01 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Yeah, that reminds me, one guy who I think is an employee of Snett racing club posted a msg there telling me not to buy grey import etc etc. I think they work together.
I think maybe the admin there owns a modelshop that's losing money or sth.
Old 20 March 2002, 08:18 PM
Mosser
Scooby Regular

So, can you post here where to get these cars cheaper?, i would certainly be interested in getting myself one to race around the house and amuse the cats with!!
Old 20 March 2002, 08:45 PM
Mosser
Scooby Regular

Smile

OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!, i've been upgraded to a scooby regular
Old 20 March 2002, 08:48 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Ello,

Schumacher Do pretty good R/C cars. There are various other brands such as Losi, HPI etc. but the Schumachers are competitive, reliable, strong and cheap(ish) to maintain.

If you have the money I'd try an SST Axis 2, or the very Mission.

check out http://www.racing-cars.com/mission.asp

Schumachers main web site is http://www.racing-cars.com.

These two cars are touring cars - they run very low to the ground so if you are interested in running the car outside it may be better to look at some of the more rally-oriented cars that the likes of tamiya do. My brother and I have been running schumachers for the past 3 years and have no problems with them at all.

I'm not doing so well this season (26th out of 76) due to handling problems (and the $#!+ driver ) but my brother is winning the league - no bad considering these are very experienced adults - a few of which are works sponsored.

So who wants to sponsor my brother with a scooby body shell advertising your shop

Ian

regards

Ian.

[Edited by igratton - 3/20/2002 8:53:12 PM]
Old 20 March 2002, 09:05 PM
Mosser
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info, but i wasnt very clear in saying what i wanted!!, i was actually after one of these micro racers, the tiny littly things,

I already have some 1/10 electric and 2 1/8 i/c cars and even two quarter scale cars!!! (one on road and the other off road)
Old 20 March 2002, 09:15 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

O yes, I got a quote from a US dealer for a HPI RS4 Pro3 & the price is US$130 incl shipping. I dunno whether it's a typo or sth as the price here is over £200.
Anyway, there are 2 choices for micro r/c cars, Kyosho's Mini-Z & HPI's RS4 Micro. The mini-z is rwd whereas the rs4 is 4wd belt driven. Mini-z is I think 1/24 whereas the rs4 is 1/18. U can get a Subaru version of the mini-z.
Btw, I have decided to buy Schumacher's SST Rally. Seems good value for money.
Old 20 March 2002, 09:19 PM
Mosser
Scooby Regular

IF yo dont want to post supplier details here could you possibly PM me with them ??
Old 20 March 2002, 09:22 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Sorry, dunno how to pm u, but I think u can email me.