Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCUM - How to prevent them?

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 11:35 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggest you read some sci-fi stuff where the future suggests that this has happened... "Stand on Zanzibar" by John Brunner leaps to mind.

[Edited by chiark - 10/1/2002 1:50:38 PM]
Old 01 October 2002, 11:04 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

The recent posts about scum damaging people's cars made me think that it's about time people had to be tested/licensed before they are allowed to have children.

What do you think?
Old 01 October 2002, 11:21 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Absolutely agree without reservation!
It seems to be the single most resposible, important thing that anyone can do, bring a child into the world, yet it's also possibly the ONLY thing you can do that doesn't need a license, permission, or training before you're allowed to do it.
And b4 all the bleeding hearts and liberals get on to this, I've heard all about personal freedom, what about the majority being free from the problems caused by these lowlifes?
Old 01 October 2002, 11:41 AM
Mmmmm
Scooby Regular

Angry

In Singapore you used to have to get 5 other people to sign up that they would be resonsible for your kid.(or something like that)

Clever clogs in this country are having less kids, scuzzers are having more.

Whether you belive in genetics ( a scumbag will have a scumbag kid) or social enviroment ( a poor home enviroment will produce a scumbag kid ) or a bit of both. The goverment is now paying people who fall into both these situations to produce more kids to trash your cars, (its all part of the transport plan to get you out your cars )

Its a difficult subject but we are sending out the wrong signals, people need to be made more responsible for thier kids actions and the financial consequenses of looking after them.

The NHS are still encouraging young teenage girls to have babies, which riuns thier lives and often the lifes of thier kids, who often also end up being a menace to the rest of us.
Old 01 October 2002, 11:45 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Being a parent myself, I have tried to bring my child up to respect other peoples property. Don't really know why I bothered because the kids who live around us are total and utter scum bags. Had my new Scooby for 3 days, went out to wash it on the Saturday morning both front tyre walls had been cut. Now in my reckoning, it was kids that had done it. Adults would have just punctured them but they looked like they had been sliced with a bread knife. Not down to showing any of the cord but didin't want to risk driving around with them. Cost me £200 for 2 new un's. If I ever catch the little sh*ts that did it.............
Old 01 October 2002, 12:01 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Racial profiling is clearly the way to go. Its certainly working in the US airports.
Old 01 October 2002, 12:06 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

How about some sort of mass cull? Y'know, like the Australians do with kangaroos when they start to be a nuisance. Also, I bet there would be some sick f*cks who would pay to do the culling - therefore it could be a revenue raising initiative at the same time.

sorted!
Old 01 October 2002, 12:21 PM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

Although I agree with the above - shouldn't you be a little bit careful what you say on a public bbs.

BB
Old 01 October 2002, 12:23 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Wink

singe me up for the cull, How much do you want?

Can i also cull their scummy parents as well, and wipe this country clean of the filth that walks the streets.

ITS TIME FOR TAXI DRIVE
Old 01 October 2002, 12:36 PM
KC_Sti
Scooby Regular

I must say that my girlfriend works in the Inland Revenue Tax benefits agency,which is where people phone up to receive benefit in order to bring up their child/children properly. Now although this sounds like a promising thing to do, all that she ever receive from the calls is grief, people demanding that they receive their money straight away as they are going on holiday in the next few days and people saying that they need money so that they could go out and have a good time. Now, these people are supposed to be people who need the money as a means to help them provide their kids with neccesities such as food and clothing, but clearly this so called benefit is just simply a means for people who can't be arsed to work more than 16 hours a week but still get paid like a full time worker. I can simply just see that (apart from the selct few) most of the kids of these scroungers will not really grow up to be hard working people and instead just hang around street corners causing trouble, and why? because their parents were that way and their kids will see how they were and follow in their foot steps.

P.S. sorry this was quite a long post I just thought I'd try and make a point whether people agree with me or not.
Old 01 October 2002, 12:48 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Of course, there will be a dress code on my organised culls. Deer stalker hats, tweeds, plus fours, that sort of thing. a light lunch will be provided, served with a glass or two of fine wine. A taxidermist will be on hand to preserve your 'finest' specimens for posterity.
Old 01 October 2002, 12:58 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've got a better idea, forget a cull.....

Bring them out to the country, we can get out the horses and dogs, if we can't hunt foxes, we might aswell get some practice in on some other dumb creatures. And it will do them some good, if they escape with their lives just think of the exercise a nice brisk cross country run gives.......
Old 01 October 2002, 12:59 PM
TAZMAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

the probelm is that to many people paddle in the shallow end of the gene pool.... the problem with 'civilisation' is that it ries to be inclusive..whilst the rest of nature runs on natural selection. Anyone who has studied demographics/population will be familiar with Weber's four priciples of population control war,pestilence, famine and disease. I also qrote a paper on the worlds abilty to to sustain a population i.e. food production resources etc..at the rate of growth when I wrote this (1998) the world was due to reach its carrying capacity in 2025....

We are goverened by people who are divorced from the reality of day to day living and think we should live in a 'nice' peacful society..trouble is human nature will never let society be 'nice'
and therefore 'nice' polices will allways fail...

Talk to people in the language they speak it is the only one they understand...

RANT over!!
Old 01 October 2002, 01:14 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

More kids = more money = bigger house = more benefits = more cars = more holidays = more NHS costs = goes on and on.

Finally and ultimately, more money out the good persons pockets.

Alot of these ******* aren't even remotely interested in work.
Old 01 October 2002, 01:40 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Who decides which couples have kids then?

Did anyone on this thread descend from "questionable parentage" (by that I mean all the 'standards' you have all mentioned on this.

If some of you live in dodgy places where tyres get slashed...move out of the scum area !

Everyone has choices, some can see them, others can't. Some take them, others don't.

I'm not sure whether it's genes or a mixture of genes and the care/interest parents have in bringing up their children with the right values and in the right environment.

Tony
Old 01 October 2002, 01:41 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I don't think you can restict peoples right to have children. What would you do if some single lass with no real prospects got knocked up, force her to have an abortion....er hello....human rights!!!

The solution is so simple. The kids of today are nothing that 3 years of National Service wouldn't sort out.
Old 01 October 2002, 01:50 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Don't set me off on a topic that makes me mad.

One of my other halfs ex-freinds was a single mother, over dinner one evening I suggested she get off her **** and get a job. To which the reply was.......not a chance I would need to earn at least £16,000 just to break even in lieu of lost benefits. That comment was 8 years ago.

The government need to look at the benefit system and include some criteria to offer different levels of benefit based on circumstance. Maybe even compulsory adoption is an idea.
Old 01 October 2002, 01:52 PM
cool-pt-fresh
Scooby Regular

Agree completely with the last suggestion.

A little national service would teach discipline and respect and give them a little pride, encouraging them to go out and do well, instead of living their lives on a social security cheque.
Old 01 October 2002, 02:04 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

I'll be first to start a kitty (pun) for paying catflap to clean up the country...
Old 01 October 2002, 02:23 PM
KC_Sti
Scooby Regular

All I can say is that it really annoys me that people have kids when they know that they don't have the means the bring up a child. They don't think "oh I have no job, no money, I can't even support myself let alone have a baby and support it and give it all it needs i.e food, education, love" all they think is "it'll be cool to push a pram down the local newsagent and have people compliment on what a lovely baby I have" or "man! all my friends are having babies, I feel left out cause I don't have one" I say this cause I do know a few people who are like this, I try and tell them that that is the wrong way to think if thats all they care about, I mean what about the kid's life? most of them spend all their money at pay day going out clubbing and getting up to allsorts of stuff then whine about not having any money left, and who takes care of the baby? their parents do, not because they want to but they have to in the interest of their grandchild.
Old 01 October 2002, 02:27 PM
cool-pt-fresh
Scooby Regular

I won't even consider having kids until I have earnt enough not to worry about ever being broke.
If I do have kids, it'll be when I'm living in a nice area and have ample money to pay for private schools etc.
Old 01 October 2002, 02:39 PM
Blitzmania
Scooby Regular

reading the replies, i do see a lot of people around on benefits (all sorts) where they are healthy enough to get some kind of simple job.

it just frustrates me that there's where my taxes go (even though some are to good causes) but all these people claiming benefits for the sake of not wanting to work really p*sses me off big time.

even in city centres, u'll see a lot of young kids with parents when they should be at school! sigh... tax payer money at work.
we are working our ***** off to pay for someone elses lifelihood and not to mention holidays, nights out, etc etc...

end of rant.
Old 01 October 2002, 02:43 PM
cool-pt-fresh
Scooby Regular

I know this is slightly different, but they should make people work for their dole money.
There are some really **** jobs that no-one wants to do. Either way, we have to pay people to do them. Why not get the unemployed to do them part time in exchange for their dole. This would of course only apply to those who are so useless they can't hold down a normal job.

Being part time, they would still be able to attend interviews etc.

If they refused to do the work, they would get no money and starve to death.
Old 01 October 2002, 03:22 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Red face

Amazing……… I can’t believe so many believe in this. I’ve always thought there should be a license/test/meeting criteria of some kind to stop scum breeding scum. I’m not having sprogs until I’m well set up, and ready for them, if my Godson is anything to go by that’s never happening

Ban fox hunting, and bring on c*&t hunting

Plus Saxo boy, I totally agree with National service, I’d do it. 6-9months minimum with an option to stay on longer. Just think of how fit we could get, the respect scum could get taught, and the skills we could learn.

Lets lobby the government.

M
Old 01 October 2002, 03:31 PM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

I agree with having to work for your dole money.. Most councils are having real problems keeping the streets clean.. Local parks look like dog **** central... A couple of worthy tasks right there..

As for breeding it's so sad that many kids are brought into the world as a meal ticket.. These **** parents crave love and a baby gives them this.. It's a spiral I'm afraid.. These sections of society have low aspirations and pass these to their kids. ad infinitum..
Old 01 October 2002, 04:28 PM
Avril
Scooby Regular

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me muscling in.

There's nothing wrong with the lobotomised having children. What needs to happen next is the farming stage. As soon as they've been born, they get sent off to special farms where they're turned into chefs, gardeners, journalists, manicurists, etc. Solves the scum and unemployment issues for the price of one.
Old 01 October 2002, 05:36 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
The only way to stop people from having children is compulsary reversable sterilisation with a system in place to assess suitability.

That is never going to happen in the UK, so whats the point in ranting on about it?

Money has nothing to do with the suitability of someone to raise children, your very misguided if you think that is the case. What matters is the parents need to have some respect for themselves and the society they live in, and pass that onto their children. There are many reason why a person becomes a single parent, ranging from the death of their partner to the physical and mental abuse of them by their partner.

Yes there are many scum that raise kids for the wrong reasons, nothing any of you have suggested makes a jot of diference to this. How about some genuinely reasoned debate rather than rants about how **** everything is?

And if you are waiting till you are financially solvent enough to raise kids, what a shame for you! You are never financially solvent enough, you always have to make sacrifices in some way or another. Finances should not be a reason to not have kids, who knows, if you wait too long you may be sterile, the likelyhood of that increases with age and is a very major issue for career women in their 30's who now find themselves desperate for a child on IVF blowing all their savings they put aside to have the perfect family in the first place.
Old 01 October 2002, 08:16 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

These ppl who are having kids while unemployed are totally irresponsible.They should not be having kids until they can look after themselves without having to rely on social services(our tax).

I would say the pot/kettle thing would apply as my girlfriend is pregnant (not planned but welcomed)... except for the fact that i get a decent wage, own 2 cars and a 3 bedroom house and my girlfriend plans to go back to work after the kid is born.

Accidents do happen but thats when parents should be saying to themselves "right... get the finger out and make sure i can provide a decent upbringing for the kid", instead of using it as an excuse for more benefit and not having to get a job.