Sponsored by:

Need advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2002, 08:47 PM
mdk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi, I'm new to the Subaru scene and need a little advice on buying Subaru Impreza Turbo? I'm looking to spend about 8-9k for one and was wondering what to look out for and what kind of questions to ask when viewing one.

Up untill recently I've been heavily into the VW scene, having owned and restored a 1967 beetle in to a street racer, I was getting a little bored and looking for something new. So a mate decided to take me to a Japanese Performance car show in his Scooby and the rest is history...

Anyway my mate told me this was the best place to go for advice.

oh and I live in Cornwall, can you believe there are no Subaru dealers in Cornwall!
Old 19 August 2002, 12:34 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Hello MDK, There's a dealer in Ashburton just north of Plymouth if thats any use, Im near launceston, they seem honest enough, bought a couple of cars there. Your friend is right theres plenty of people on hear who will give you good tech advice just give them time to wake up . If you get one you won't regret it, had mine 20 months still not even slightly bored, I usually want something else after a couple of weeks. Do you ever play OFP 1985 or Counterstrike online?.
Old 19 August 2002, 12:41 AM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You might want to have a good read of the SIDC FAQ

Crush
Old 19 August 2002, 12:47 AM
gossythevaleter
Scooby Regular

Angry

IMHO do not buy a car from castle motors which is near you
I know a guy brought an sti type r from there it had been involved in a big accident which they kept form the buyer poor bloke bought the car in december for £20,000 now its worth only £10,000 cause of the **** job done on the repair unfortunatly the lad didnt check it out properly
Suggest when you go lookin take someone who knows what they are lookin at as if you dont you could end up like this guy well out of pocket
Get it HPI'd what ever

Before any of you start harping on the guy knows nothin about cars took the dealers word for it

Trouble is it smacks you in the mouth the damage if you know where to look
Old 19 August 2002, 07:30 PM
mdk
Scooby Newbie

sasman. Funny you should say you live near Launceston, as I nearly went there on saturday to view a R reg Ice blue turbo for only £7995 that I saw in the SW Autotrader, but then realise I was a bit previous, as I need to sell my own car first.

I've seen Ashburton Motor Works advertising in the Autotrader, but they anything in my price range ATM, if what they advertise is the whole range of used Subaru's. But when they get something in, I'll take a look. It's a fare old track from Penzance way.

I haven't actually played Counterstrike as I haven't got a PC, I'm more of a Console gamer
Old 19 August 2002, 07:43 PM
mdk
Scooby Newbie

The Crushinator. Thanks for the link

gossythevaleter. Thanks for the headsup about Castle Motors. When I find a Scooby I'm serious about I'll get the AA to check it out too, I really don't wanna buy a lemon like that guy.
Old 20 August 2002, 12:08 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

The most second hand turbos iv'e come across at a dealer was in Bristol, if someone has the dealer name? so you can compare private with trade prices.
Old 20 August 2002, 12:48 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Tileys or something like that?

Tony
Old 21 August 2002, 10:46 PM
gonz
Scooby Regular

Wink

any news yet on selling your bug.hope you got it all sorted.remember give me a call when you sold your car ill look up here for you.then you will have to come up here again which is a shame because i know we will have to go wakeboarding and i know how much you hate doing that oh and i still have not worked out how to put smilly faces in the text some one help me please as im quit thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 August 2002, 10:47 PM
gonz
Scooby Regular

Smile

oh its seems to have worked maybe im not as thick as i thought!!!!
Old 22 August 2002, 07:10 PM
mdk
Scooby Newbie

Talking

I'm just preparing my bug for the sale ATM, it should be ready in the next week or so.

That'll be great if you could look out for one for me soon, I think I will be comming up by train this time, for obvious reasons Looking for to going Wakeboarding again at MK, that was cool last time.