Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-Jacking enough is enough!

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2002, 06:12 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iv`e just read salsa-kings account of the attempted hi-jacking of his car. I needed to go to Nottingham today and needed to travel along the same route. I decided against it and read again the numerous threads on this topic in Nottinghamshire. Why should I feel that parts of Nottingham (my home town)are a "NO GO" area for my family and I? Why should I feel uneasy not only to walk but to now drive in my own town!.
Enough is enough. So a letter to the chief constable was I thought required!

A copy of this letter together with sections of the relevent threads (edited of course) was also sent to the Nottinghamshire Evening Post and also to The Rt Hon David Blunkett MP c/o The House of Parliament.
I await the result with interest.
The message didn`t upload so here it is:-

Dear Sir,
It is with great regret that I feel compelled to write to you to express my total disgust by the growing number of actual or attempted car Hi-jackings in the Nottm area.
It is bad enough that a growing number of law abiding people feel ever more afraid of being mugged in broad daylight or their house being burgled but now we appear to have a new "cult" crime to be fearful off, namely car hi-jacking.
I was born in Nottingham and lived there for thirty years without being witness to any of the above crimes. Now it seems that as far as I am concerned Nottingham has become a "NO GO" area for myself and family.
I had an appointment in Nottingham today and having just read the latest thread on the Scoobynet, (An internet forum for Subaru owners)and read the latest,(four of which I am aware)in the last three weeks of yet another attempted hi-jack I decided that as my journey would necessitate me to drive along Hyson Green, Gregory Blvd etc I felt that, being a Subaru driver, it would be unwise for me to do so.
Is this what we, the law abiding citizens in this city have come to? when we are even fearful to even drive along our roads in broad daylight let alone walk.
Why I ask should I feel intimidated when I walk or drive through my own town?.
I am enclosing five seperare reports on hi-jacking in Nottingham within the last few weeks for your perusal, all of which make frightening reading, no doubt you are aware of them.
I would welcome your comments.

Sorry it was a long thread but I thought it needed to be said.

[Edited by Active - 8/6/2002 6:40:29 PM]
Old 08 June 2002, 08:56 PM
K9VYN [Kevin W]
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well said! I was going to visit my local Police Station to raise the very same issue. I do not intend to lose my car to some t*ssers ever!

I will protect it and myself whatever lengths I have to go to - this may mean getting into serious bother with the law, but I haven't spent £££'s on my car for some *rse to have the bare faced cheek to attempt to take it from me!

The police need to take some action. Violent crime in Nottingham appears to be rising at a rapid rate and I for one do not wish to become one of those statistics. However, as I stated before, I will protect what is mine at all costs. Lets hope the law takes some action before any of us has to!!!

Kevin

ps Please let us know what response you get?

[Edited by K9VYN [Kevin W] - 8/6/2002 8:57:45 PM]
Old 06 August 2002, 06:50 PM
mannyo1
Scooby Regular

Would be interesting to see if the local press run it as a story. I know how you feel about all this, I am wary sometimes as well. and I dont drive a scoob, and live further south.
Old 06 August 2002, 09:56 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up

Active
keep me posted on any replies you get. did you write to the Notm Evening Post? they should run a story on it.....TW@s who car jack don't read papers...well they probly can't read anyway!

would be interesting to see if my 999 call i made, had any follow up to it? did the police look for the two asians in a 02 Focus?
was it stolen?
did i make them aware somethimng was going on?
did they look at the CCTV footage of the area i was being chased?

i know theres a cctv camera next to the Savoy hotel on Mansfield road!

Old 06 August 2002, 10:13 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Phil,

Have the police not reported back to you on your 999 call? They might have traced/identified the car from the number you gave - not that they'd reveal ownership details - shame!

However, you could always contact the DVLA, who would reveal the owner details, if you told them it was for a road traffic incident.
Old 06 August 2002, 10:32 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Arm yourselves people. We're going to war. The police refuses to protect us, therefore it is up to us to protect our lives and properties..
Old 07 August 2002, 03:27 AM
Active
Scooby Regular

Just for your info folks,
Yes I did send a copy of the whole file to the Nottm Evening post and to the Rt Hon David Blunkett.The three letters will be posted later today.
Salsa, Yes I know abt the camera there is one at Winchester st as well!
Sorry abt this but I will own up...I worked for N.C.C. Traffic signals for 28 years and it was me that fitted the very first Gatzo in England at the junction of Huntingdon St/King Edward St and the second at Derby Rd Lenton Blvd.
Still have the wristwatch Maurice Gatzonides (the inventor/owner) gave me....I require forgivness for my sins!
Bob
Old 07 August 2002, 03:37 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Active maybe you can help me then. Im after any manuals for the gatsos and speed traps which the police use. Do you know how or where i could get them from? Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks
Scrappy
Old 07 August 2002, 06:49 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to say but there doesn't seem much that will stop hi-jackers except perhaps a nice bullet proof car. You may have high risk areas ATM, what about your homes? ATM the highest risk times/locations here are when you leave for work or arrive home...
Old 07 August 2002, 08:23 AM
Active
Scooby Regular

Scrappydoo: Sorry mate I carn`t help you, the only manuals I had were for installaton and I gave them up when I retired over five years ago. Even so the early Gatzos were a very simple affair, they consisted of nothing more than a stripped down Leica camera body which when taking the photo superimposed the face of a casio wristwatch!, true I`m not joking. The only other parts were a casette, the same as your vidio cassette at home and a halogen flash lamp.
I would imagine Maurice has developed them apiece since then!
Sorry I carn`t help.
Bob
Old 07 August 2002, 10:09 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Active
Scooby Regular
[ADD TO MY VIP LIST]

Does anyone have a cross and some nails?
Old 07 August 2002, 10:14 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Katana - this is the ultimate protection

Old 07 August 2002, 11:10 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Astraboy, When I see the proliferation of the bloody Gatso`s (I hate them as much as you) I feel like jumping up there myself!
Bob
Old 09 August 2002, 07:27 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Salsa: letters have gone. Let you know of any response (if any) read your latest thread by the way
Bob
Old 09 August 2002, 08:12 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Active

Keep us all informed on the response you get (if any).

We need to make a stand against the scum,And this may be the Starting point

Duncan