Sponsored by:

UK300, now there's BIG

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2001, 03:44 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Took me MY00 in for it's 7,500 service this morning and after i'd handed me car over, went for a little pootle around the showroom.

Imagine the scene, Mikey weaving his way through Saabs, Jeeps etc and has to do a quick "double take" as he thinks he sees a really bizzare wing in wrc blue in the wing mirror of a forester!

Could it really be?

He sidles on over looking for the all important badge and there it is bold as brass UK300.

Now i gotta tell ya peeps, this thing in the flesh is MMMMMMMMASSIVE but oh so sexy

Head Light conversions, Spoilers, Lip Spoilers, Alloys, 66 miles on the clock, Shiny as you like. This car exudes muscle and brawn.

Bit disappointed with the interior, you have to really look hard to spot the differences (Apart from the seats and pedals that is)

Totally miffed with the price, but there again as a punter, i would be wouldn't I

Also, as a foot note, The MY01 is getting prettier by the month, but it still ain't a patch in the looks department compared to the "old" shape.

Just thought i'd let ya all know my opinion, cos I can and the bbs ROCKS

MIKEY
Old 21 June 2001, 04:18 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gridlock Mikey:

Also, as a foot note, The MY01 is getting prettier by the month, but it still ain't a patch in the looks department compared to the "old" shape.

MIKEY [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mikey
VERY close to finishing our MY01 mods....and will then post some pics.......

Old 21 June 2001, 04:52 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Sorry to disagree Mickey. Spent a long time looking at no 02 of the 300 in a showroom while waiting for my car.

The reason your impressed is simply the swan syndrome. You've spent so long looking at the ugly duckling anything else now looks good!

Sure it's an improvement and looks better in the flesh but still not worth waxing lyrical over. Daves may be a different story but that's a "Scoobysport" not an 01 Subaru.

Old 21 June 2001, 06:55 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers banshi, 4 da reality check......What was I thinking?

MIKEY (Da dude without a mind of his own )
Old 21 June 2001, 07:01 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Old 21 June 2001, 07:19 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Still no convinced by the UK300.. why not get an MY'01 and put the following on:

ScoobySports full exhaust
Morrett Headlight conversion
Scoobysport Rear Wing
Subaru Sports front splitter/side/rear body kit bits
And NitoSports Defi gauge pod + carbon interior!

Reckon that will look the nuts! I'll let you know when I finish getting all the above..

Oh, and of course some OZ Superleggra 18"
Old 21 June 2001, 07:55 PM
golders
Scooby Regular

Red face

hello all,

The UK300 is quite a beast, but the old shape P1 still grabs me attention the most!

The new shape Impreza just doesn't look quite right (a muscled up version of the Toyota corolla).

The old one rules as it is beyound class etc and is what it is = a very fast saloon car that is practical!

Cheers,

Golders

PS: If you have not seen the UK300 yet click on this link to my impreza page, its at the very bottom:
Old 21 June 2001, 11:45 PM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

The UK300 is missing only one thing - the letter Y from in front of its name
Old 23 June 2001, 10:32 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Smile

While trundling around a showroom yesterday, I had a look at the UK300. I echo GM at the top. The body certainly seems huge, large body panels and alloys. The headlights are a certain improvement. The interior dash still looks plasticky. Overall I quite liked the car. And I liked the rear spoiler.
Wouldn't want one though, looks to big, can't drive it and still preferre the old shape.

P.
Old 25 June 2001, 11:18 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Cool

Count me amongst the impressed - I thought the UK300 looked excellent, kind of ugly but scary like the Evo 6. Also, a lot of Skyline in the boot spoiler styling, and the colour.

Where I live Imprezas (even P1s) seem to be ten-a-penny and there is not the sense of individuality that went with the car 2 or 3 years ago. Whereas I think the UK300 would make a BIG impression wherever it went.

To be honest, I liked it that much I've booked a test drive for this Friday and may well put my money where my mouth is.
Old 26 June 2001, 09:06 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
These 01 sure is ugly threads remind me of all the sales reps going off when Ford released the Sierra.